I'm awful at CS:GO : Looking for advice on how to improve

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
  3. I'm awful at CS:GO : Looking for advice on how to improve

User Info: Rohkey

Rohkey
1 year ago#11
TitanStrike posted...
Rohkey posted...
You really should full naked if you don't have an ak/m4/awp in your hand, armor, and at least one smoke and flash.

p250 or tec9/five seven buys are fine if you have a bit more than your teammates (over ~3k for ct, maybe ~2.5k for t). but don't be that idiot that buys a deagle plus a smoke and flash on a save round. that guy is called a money waster

feel* derp. And yeah, I'm not saying buy NOTHING if you can't afford a full buy, especially if you have excess money and can buy next round if you do a quasi armor/pistol or something.

So frustrating how people in MM buy though. Everyone thinks they're a deagle expert and some just deag only or buy at least a deag every round and thus rarely have an actual rifle. And can't count how many times I'm properly managing my economy whereas half the team is spending everything every round, so 4-5 rounds in a row we have 1 guy with a proper rifle, 1 guy with a scout or famas/galil, 1 guy with some s***ty smg, one guy with a deag/pistol, and another full saving...so I'm stuck not knowing wtf to buy and inevitably I'll end up saving enough where a couple rounds later those same teammates who buy s***ty every round are like, "dude buy me." I get that your money is the team's money, but when I'm making sure I have enough for a full buy next round and aren't buying full unless the majority of the team also is, I shouldn't then have to buy some guy who is buying sub-optimally and bottom fragging.

That being said, deagles are really good investments if you have $800 to spare on a save round and the other team is fully equipped. Can do good economic damage if you learn how to Juan Deag properly, and can often find yourself a proper weapon to do more damage or carry over to next round to buy a teammate.
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/69453039
facebook.com/theyetee

User Info: Suicide_Jester

Suicide_Jester
1 year ago#12
Yeah so many people managing their money terribly. Like buying a bizon after losing a round so you know the enemy team is gonna have armor. (He ended up doing really well with it that round somehow so it just enforced his habit)

Or someone with exactly 3000 on T side buying just a SG553.

Silver strats
http://i.imgur.com/1H8TIxh.jpg
(message deleted)

User Info: su27Chaos

su27Chaos
1 year ago#14
It takes months of practice but it's not just you have to worry about. You need to practice with a team. Team discipline and practice is huge. Don't be like me I put 800 hours and gave up after 1st tournament.

One of my key players got drunk before the game and we lost because he didn't wake up in time. Maybe if I put more than 1000 hours I wouldn't need him but I wanted to test our team on how good then I would work on any weak points. Sadly it got disbanded and never got back to playing it. 800 hours wasted.
They call us football thugs for fighting other NFL fans. We're actually Football Warriors. We'll defend the Seahawks' image. Do us a favor stay out of Seattle.

User Info: BigTee66

BigTee66
1 year ago#15
- Lower your sensitivity, it takes me about 70cm to do a 360 (bit dont go that low, im just used to it)
- Crosshair placement, LEARN IT. it will help a ton and save lives. Just place your crosshair at head level at ALL TIMES,

- Try sticking on the side of walls where enemies are more likely to appear, this falls in with crosshair placement too

- I wouldnt worry about DPI, just lower the sensitivity, should should be able to zig zag around and still have your crosshair stuck on someone's head

- SOUND! USE IT! Its literally wall-hacks, you can hear exactly where the enemy is. So can they, play smart

- stay still when shooting and dont panic

- and for the love of pete don't play on a laptop, you will miss shots so bad because of the lag and cost the team a win
http://i.imgur.com/7daJSp6.gif

User Info: Rohkey

Rohkey
1 year ago#16
BigTee66 posted...
-

- SOUND! USE IT! Its literally wall-hacks

- and for the love of pete don't play on a laptop, you will miss shots so bad because of the lag and cost the team a win

Please look up literally in the dictionary.

Also laptops have nothing to with lag. Lag is internet based. I play on a laptop that gets 200+ fps and (because of my internet) routinely 10-25 ping. Sure you need to get a decent laptop to have good fps, and they're not as efficient nor have as high of a performance ceiling than desktops, but you certainly can do fine with one if you don't plan on being top .1% of players or so (which none of us here are or will ever be).
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/69453039
facebook.com/theyetee

User Info: fenderbender321

fenderbender321
1 year ago#17
Don't yell at your team mates. Coach them, but don't be rude. It throws your team mates off their game even more.
Currently playing through Doom II: Hell on Earth
https://www.twitch.tv/throsslight

User Info: Suicide_Jester

Suicide_Jester
1 year ago#18
fenderbender321 posted...
Don't yell at your team mates. Coach them, but don't be rude. It throws your team mates off their game even more.

So true. When people b**** at teammates everyone goes quiet then you just lose cuz there's no communication between people.
http://i.imgur.com/1H8TIxh.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
  3. I'm awful at CS:GO : Looking for advice on how to improve

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived