Happy ending?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Dummour

Dummour
5 years ago#21
SPOILERS! though people reading this are probably aware of that by now :D
Finally beat the game!
Well, this was a lot of fun, but srsly, WTF at the end?
I am personally 90% that there are at least one more ending for these reasons:
Just as a guy above said, there are still some video slots left locked, so clearly we're missing two clips and one of them is almost bound to be another ending if not two. After all, it's really no surprise, it's quite difficult to get the best ending in these kind of games on your first try.
Secondly, the ending we all got... it wasn't really an ending was it? Not in my opinion. This was close to being NO end what so ever. Unless they're really a bunch of lazy bastards who couldn't even make an ending so they just skipped to the end credits.

Well, regardless, great game, sh!@ty ending, all that's left is either a)try again, maybe unlock all achievements, in some games, that helps for the ending, or b) wait for a walk-through :)

User Info: MarcD2K12

MarcD2K12
5 years ago#22
There is only the one ending, which is 1 minute and 19 seconds long and starts just after the Raven seer says "Satinav"

*SPOILER STARTS*

The seer and Nuri swap souls, and Nuri's body turns to stone/ash, and the ring/crown is destroyed. Nuri, now in the body of the raven flies to freedom and Geron returns home to Andergast with her where noone knows what he did, but he doesn't mind because the crows are gone and the land has fallen into "a blissful sleep" again.

*SPOILER ENDS*

I think the locked video you're talking about is a timelapse video showing the scene where Geron and Nuri get out of the trailer by the knight and dwarf, being painted from the first splodges of colour to the final details. Pretty amazing video actually, it shows how much work goes into each scene.

You can actually open the video files in a normal media player. They're just MKV files with the file extension changed.

User Info: Shifter1178

Shifter1178
5 years ago#23
There is only the one ending, which is 1 minute and 19 seconds long and starts just after the Raven seer says "Satinav"

*SPOILER STARTS*

The seer and Nuri swap souls, and Nuri's body turns to stone/ash, and the ring/crown is destroyed. Nuri, now in the body of the raven flies to freedom and Geron returns home to Andergast with her where noone knows what he did, but he doesn't mind because the crows are gone and the land has fallen into "a blissful sleep" again.

*SPOILER ENDS*

I think the locked video you're talking about is a timelapse video showing the scene where Geron and Nuri get out of the trailer by the knight and dwarf, being painted from the first splodges of colour to the final details. Pretty amazing video actually, it shows how much work goes into each scene.

You can actually open the video files in a normal media player. They're just MKV files with the file extension changed.

Thanks..I was doing some research and found the same thing...I also scoured the official forums but had to wait for registration email and got busy at work so had to stop.

But yeah..what you describe is what I described in an earlier post when I said, it's not really a "sad" ending...Nuri lives, the Seer dies.

You said Nuri flies to freddom? I remembered that she landed on Geron's shoulder and they walked off together so my assumption is she stayed with him...this is why I thought there might be a sequel..that goes further into it or something...even if not..the story is actually COOL they just should have made a longer ending. Simply showing the town rebuilt with Geron and Nuri (even as a bird) living peacefully in it would have been fine.

MarcD2K12
5 years ago#24
I wasn't too disappointed with the ending, it did show both Geron and Nuri outside the town as the sky turns sunny again, but i suppose you're right, it would have been nice to see the surviving town members again (like that pitchfork guy had i actually worked out how to save him) It was sort of bittersweet because Nuri was such a great character that it was sad she lost her body, but she always wanted to be free like a bird so she would have been happy, Geron on the other hand, won't have the sort of relationship he wanted..

I don't think it's a game that needs a sequel really, but i'd be happy if Daedalic did another game in this universe, featuring some crossover of characters.

This was definitely one of the best adventure games i've played in years. Great graphics, great voicover, great story. I wish it had been a little longer as i finished it in a day but that was probably partly due to how hooked i was.

Any sequel/follow on, i hope they do more with the choice/consequence aspect of the game as i don't think anything you said or did really had an effect on the story did it? Although i don't know what happens if you tell Nuri the truth early on rather than make up this Fanglari lie because a lot of the game seemed to revolve around that particular lie..

Shifter1178
5 years ago#25
I wasn't too disappointed with the ending, it did show both Geron and Nuri outside the town as the sky turns sunny again, but i suppose you're right, it would have been nice to see the surviving town members again (like that pitchfork guy had i actually worked out how to save him) It was sort of bittersweet because Nuri was such a great character that it was sad she lost her body, but she always wanted to be free like a bird so she would have been happy, Geron on the other hand, won't have the sort of relationship he wanted..

I don't think it's a game that needs a sequel really, but i'd be happy if Daedalic did another game in this universe, featuring some crossover of characters.

This was definitely one of the best adventure games i've played in years. Great graphics, great voicover, great story. I wish it had been a little longer as i finished it in a day but that was probably partly due to how hooked i was.

Any sequel/follow on, i hope they do more with the choice/consequence aspect of the game as i don't think anything you said or did really had an effect on the story did it? Although i don't know what happens if you tell Nuri the truth early on rather than make up this Fanglari lie because a lot of the game seemed to revolve around that particular lie..

I think it doesn't matter if you tell the truth or lie..it forces the story to be the same..I actually think I chose Truth..you still get that "special" night with her and then things happen the same way...

Ah well...another adventure game just came out called Resonance...looks really good.
It has more classic old school adventure graphics, but I've read good things about it:
http://xiigames.com/resonance/

Edit:
My memory sucks but I think when you try to tell her the truth she blows you off sorta..just basically interupts you and does the "special" stuff..so then story continues as normal. The only difference is you get two different achievements so you'd have to play twice (or save/reload) to get both. One is Ladies Man and one is Honest Man..

MarcD2K12
5 years ago#26
i was talking about earlier on after you escape from your bindings and she refuses to get down off the roof.

You have the option of telling her you are taking her to her fairy gate, or that you've found a new fairy gate to Fanglari.. what happens if you tell her the truth there?

and about Resonance, i started playing that just before Satinav arrived and then played all of Satinav without going back to it, but now i've finished it i've started playing Resonance again.

The graphics are poor, but the story is interesting, and the gameplay mechanics are somewhat fresh, with the use of "memory" as a 2nd inventory, it looks promising and i'm enjoying it so far.

User Info: Dummour

Dummour
5 years ago#27
Well, I guess that's that then :) No point keeping the game in my pc anymore then. Great run though, great game. I'm not best pleased with the ending, but it's not sad as you've said.

About the truth thing, I told her the truth on the "roof" thing and it ended up with the lie anyways, since she didn't want to come down cause of the whole don't want to return to home thing and I had to select "no choice then, I gotta lie" or something like that, and it ends up completely the same.

Shifter1178
5 years ago#28
Well, I guess that's that then :) No point keeping the game in my pc anymore then. Great run though, great game. I'm not best pleased with the ending, but it's not sad as you've said.

About the truth thing, I told her the truth on the "roof" thing and it ended up with the lie anyways, since she didn't want to come down cause of the whole don't want to return to home thing and I had to select "no choice then, I gotta lie" or something like that, and it ends up completely the same.

Yup..I posted on the official forums asking about the ending...not that I really care..I've moved on...going back to Skyrim as I never finished it because Steam ate my game files..but Skyrim is many many hours of play especially now that the Creation Kit is out.

Otherwise I'd try Resonance.

User Info: GEXP

GEXP
5 years ago#29
you can see the ending in this video http://youtu.be/2O5SSWP5tFI

User Info: Yaoiloverfei

Yaoiloverfei
5 years ago#30
Personally, i was highly disappointed by the ending. I spent thirty bucks on the game and I spent so many hours into it, hoping it will get more interesting as the story progresses, but I was disappointed by the point overall. I actually enjoyed the book of unwritten tales better. I basically took a chance on this game because the visuals looked so amazing and the story sounded interesting but the story didn't play out as I thought it would. I wished there were more character development and more in depth, interesting plot. Half of the time, I thought Nuri was an annoying character and I think the game pointed fun at itself when, Geron actually stated that he'll do all the work like usual. I mean seriously the game was basically Geron doing all the work, but at least he found out that he wasn't bad luck but it made no sense why the seer decided to point him out, because he ended up causing his own despise. I wondered if Geron's fate would have been different, if he was never labeled as bad luck, he would have never gone on the journey that led to the seer's destruction. I also find it strange, all the evils that the seer got away with, Nuri's world will never be the same and still was dying, while Geron's world was safe for now but the people that died in the chaos can never be brought back. I just wish there was more an explanation, more in depth ending where Nuri and Geron would have at least ended up together, because the ending for the game seemed weak and pathetic but the whole overall story needed something to spice it up. I honestly just completed the game since i paid so much for it. If it was a cheap game, I probably would have sat it down and never looked at it again or try to sell it on ebay if it wasn't a steam version of the game.
To look at the world in a different light, look with eyes unclouded by hate.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived