Are there a lot of attacks? Variety in gameplay?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Black Knight Sword
  3. Are there a lot of attacks? Variety in gameplay?

User Info: Snappleflakes

Snappleflakes
4 years ago#1
Hey everyone, basically the topic. Just wondering how much there actually is to the gameplay of this game, as I've heard that the main character only has a very small amount of attacks.

User Info: MR_E_1

MR_E_1
4 years ago#2
It's more of an old-school platformer than a modern fighting game with 50 combos or something. Think Castlevania. You basically have your sword, a few special moves with your sword, a long range special attack, and one magic spell. The levels have different vibes, and there are some moments of creative platforming, though...and there's one bit that mixes up the gameplay a bit (in the same way that the minigames in Lollipop Chainsaw and Shadows of the Damned did). Overall, it's a pretty short but enjoyable platformer.

User Info: Snappleflakes

Snappleflakes
4 years ago#3
Thanks a lot for the reply. I'll give it a little more thought, but I'm leaning towards buying it.

User Info: captainjeff87

captainjeff87
4 years ago#4
Try the demo first but honestly I say it's a must-buy and at $10 it's a steal.

Really like the retro side-scrolling vibe it has. Brings you back to the days of NES/Sega.
PSN: CaptainJeff87 (please say Gfaqs in friend request msg)

User Info: MestreRothGF

MestreRothGF
4 years ago#5
MR_E_1 posted...
It's more of an old-school platformer than a modern fighting game with 50 combos or something. Think Castlevania. You basically have your sword, a few special moves with your sword, a long range special attack, and one magic spell. The levels have different vibes, and there are some moments of creative platforming, though...and there's one bit that mixes up the gameplay a bit (in the same way that the minigames in Lollipop Chainsaw and Shadows of the Damned did). Overall, it's a pretty short but enjoyable platformer.

SotD minigames?

User Info: MR_E_1

MR_E_1
4 years ago#6
MestreRothGF posted...
SotD minigames?

Yep...namely the sidescrolling flying shooter stages.
  1. Boards
  2. Black Knight Sword
  3. Are there a lot of attacks? Variety in gameplay?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived