3DS version's controls

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Phazon_Chaos

Phazon_Chaos
4 years ago#1
For anyone who has played the Japanese version, how are the controls for the 3DS version? I was planning on getting the game on Vita, but after playing the demo I'm a little worried that the clunky controls will take me out of the experience a bit. My main problems coming with turning during the escape sections and writing anything on the screen.

User Info: OmegaReaper21

OmegaReaper21
4 years ago#2
I for one would prefer a stylus. (I don't have a Vita so I don't know how it works)

I assume the slow camera movement that I've heard of would have the same issue on the 3DS version though.

User Info: PurpleMaster

PurpleMaster
4 years ago#3
I feel ok with Vita, but it's clear that the game was designed for the 3DS. Anyway, after the demo room, I'm sure that I can stand the clunkiness.
I won't give up on trophies, sharper graphics, screenshot capability and multiple saves for a stylus controlled touchscreen... :-P

OmegaReaper21
4 years ago#4
PurpleMaster posted...
I feel ok with Vita, but it's clear that the game was designed for the 3DS. Anyway, after the demo room, I'm sure that I can stand the clunkiness.
I won't give up on trophies, sharper graphics, screenshot capability and multiple saves for a stylus controlled touchscreen... :-P

I won't give up $250 on a vita.

sorry, I had to say it. If I did have a vita though, I'd probably get this for the Vita.

PurpleMaster
4 years ago#5
OmegaReaper21 posted...
PurpleMaster posted...

sorry, I had to say it. If I did have a vita though, I'd probably get this for the Vita.

You're right. I have a Vita only because my sister bought one, since she is a die-hard Uncharted fan and wanted to play Golden Abyss at all costs.
I would have never bought one.

OmegaReaper21
4 years ago#6
PurpleMaster posted...
OmegaReaper21 posted...
PurpleMaster posted...

You're right. I have a Vita only because my sister bought one, since she is a die-hard Uncharted fan and wanted to play Golden Abyss at all costs.
I would have never bought one.

I can understand. If the right game came out I'd get one but I just don't see that game coming out anytime soon. Monster Hunter would have been the only one I can think of but now that it's going to be on the 3DS that doesn't matter anymore.

User Info: Phazon_Chaos

Phazon_Chaos
4 years ago#7
PurpleMaster posted...

See, that's why it's tough for me, since I really don't care about trophies or slightly better graphics (they're just nice bonuses) and I wouldn't really use screenshots or multiple saves, so I'm kind of leaning towards the 3DS version now. So if the controls are notably better, that would win me over (plus I just kinda like the idea of having the same series all for the same console/brand).

User Info: miyuki308

miyuki308
4 years ago#8
Phazon_Chaos posted...
I wouldn't really use screenshots

You're gonna wish you have the ability to do it during some parts of this game.
Playing: PSO2, Project DIVA f (Take my money, SEGA!) / On Hold: P4G, Nayuta no Kiseki
Anticipating: Zero no Kiseki Evo, Atelier Totori Plus

PurpleMaster
4 years ago#9
miyuki308 posted...
Phazon_Chaos posted...
I wouldn't really use screenshots

You're gonna wish you have the ability to do it during some parts of this game.

Oooooooooh, so hyped...... :)

User Info: nemesiskite55

nemesiskite55
4 years ago#10
PurpleMaster posted...

We can do screenshots on Vita? I made the right choice then.

Though my decision to go for Vita was because the 3DS version looks hideous in comparison. And I don't even care much for graphics
Playing: MGS HD (VITA), Madden 13 (VITA), MK9 (VITA), Disgaea 3 (VITA), SMT3 (PS2), Silent Hill 2 (PS2), Jet Grind Radio (DC), LoZ: Minish Cap (GBA)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived