Never thought I'd become a weeaboo...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 4 Golden
  3. Never thought I'd become a weeaboo...

User Info: LinkofHyrule991

LinkofHyrule991
4 years ago#31
TheExiled280 posted...
TheOneYouMissed posted...
What the heck is a weeaboo?

A term created by ignorant americans who can't accept anything they don't understand

Actually it's a nonsense word taken from a Perry Bible Fellowship comic. Some years ago it was used on 4chan as a wordfilter for "wapanese" which means "Wannabe Japanese".

Liking anime or Japanese video games doesn't make you a weeaboo, having a huge obsession with Japanese culture and wishing that you were from glorious Nippon yourself does.
It's over, you've lost the game. -Near
I don't remember Redd White changing his name to Bandit Keith. Not even in America.-Aceburner

User Info: Capitan_Kid

Capitan_Kid
4 years ago#32
TheOneYouMissed posted...
What the heck is a weeaboo?

Non japanese people that like japanese stuff a bit too much. The kind that think Japanese voices are sooo much better than English even though they can't understand them
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!

User Info: demonsword765

demonsword765
4 years ago#33
Basically the kind of Japanophile whose obsessions over their "glorious Eastern wonderland" becomes excessively annoying and with the need to douse your head in acid.
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/841/be12546771e0f1be3d8f7d2.jpg
Morning Rescue, official drink of Puella Magi!

User Info: ponyseizures

ponyseizures
4 years ago#34
Ultima_Lord posted...
This is a joke, right? TC, when have you heard that word used as a NON derogatory term?

I guess that's true. But I see people call themselves derogatory terms all the time. Through such evolution, the word's meaning is altered.

You might call someone a weeaboo, and they might completely agree. They might even feel appreciated by your recognition.

I'll have you know that I'm actually half-black. And there's a certain word that has become neutral, today, due to the influence of the media.

User Info: natchu96

natchu96
4 years ago#35
I usually just call everyone Human and be done with it . . .

In the grand scheme of things, being like your average human is already strange.
"Memento Mori, if the nineth lion ate the sun" - Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (and no, that is not a typo)

User Info: Araxen

Araxen
4 years ago#36
I'm proud to be a weeabooo. You guys need to learn to wear it like a badge. The Japanese culture is very cool and interesting! There is nothing to be ashamed of!

User Info: Mana_Runigha

Mana_Runigha
4 years ago#37
araxen posted...
I'm proud to be a weeabooo. You guys need to learn to wear it like a badge. The Japanese culture is very cool and interesting! There is nothing to be ashamed of!

How about the way they treat their female pop stars?

User Info: Sician

Sician
4 years ago#38
I don't consider myself that. I only watched subbed when I can't find dubbed or it has not been dubbed yet. As a History/Anthro. major, my studies focused on all of Asia, not just Japan. I play JRPGs over FPS games because I find FPS games repetitive.
Canon is only meant for blowing stuff up.

User Info: Argonisgema

Argonisgema
4 years ago#39
whats pocky?
The Official Garm of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Shin Megami Tensei a game Where you can give GOD the finger .

User Info: Nightmare637

Nightmare637
4 years ago#40
Argonisgema posted...
whats pocky?

a cracker stick with chocolate on it.
PSN:Nightmare637
Don't bother arguing with Sophi he'll never admit hes wrong even when he is :D.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 4 Golden
  3. Never thought I'd become a weeaboo...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived