Getting Compulsive Reader trophy then re-Load

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 4 Golden
  3. Getting Compulsive Reader trophy then re-Load

User Info: devilali

devilali
3 months ago#1
Hi all

I was thinking, have anyone tried to get the Compulsive Reader trophy then reload the save file? because I already maxed all Social status in my first playthrough and I want to focus on maxing all Social Links + all quests + getting as much as hot spring skills for my party as possible. so reading books will be a time-waster.

I have done some research, it turns out that you need 55 time periods to finish reading all the books ( giving that you start reading Hyperspeed Reading first )

http://i.imgur.com/qcsIUG6.png

the last book you get will be on November 8th, which is one day after you finish Heaven. after that, you will get 62 free evening periods until the end of the game ( not counting free morning periods where you can read books as well )

So, if you start reading on November 8th, you will be able to finish all the books, get the trophy and reload your save on November 8th, the downside of this that you will have to replay Magatsu Mandala, and, of course, you will have to fast forward a lot of scenes.

any thought on this? Did I miss something?

thanks

User Info: NextGenCowboy

NextGenCowboy
3 months ago#2
The easy answer is simply don't reload early.

By November you'll have nothing to do at night. Then carry it over into Jan, do your reading then, then reload. This lets you not have to replay Mandala, and you don't really lose blocks, because you can prioritize nights visits or shrine visits prior to reading.

With stats maxed you'll also have lots of free nights earlier, might as well read then too.
"Revy, have you forgotten? I'm already dead. I think I died the day I met you." -- Rock.

devilali
3 months ago#3
NextGenCowboy posted...
The easy answer is simply don't reload early.

By November you'll have nothing to do at night. Then carry it over into Jan, do your reading then, then reload. This lets you not have to replay Mandala, and you don't really lose blocks, because you can prioritize nights visits or shrine visits prior to reading.

With stats maxed you'll also have lots of free nights earlier, might as well read then too.

I have done more research, it turns out that after you done with Mandala you will have 27 free evening period only, which means that you will have to spend another 27 evening reading books before that.

between Heaven and Mandala, there are 35 free evening periods, if you manage to do 20 reading periods before that during free time, you will not have to replay Mandala. i will keep that in mind

thanks

User Info: NextGenCowboy

NextGenCowboy
3 months ago#4
The thing is, you'll have more open reading time than that.

There's only 4 1/2 night links. Assuming max stats -- and waiting at Justice Rank 7 until the end of summer vacation when you have mandatory visits with them -- you're gonna have a lot of free nights.

The Shrine doesn't open as an option until Hermit does.

Working at the bar is pointless, due to how easily you can get money elsewhere if you need it. Fishing rewards are nice, but you won't need 120 nights of fishing.

And even making models, if that's what you're going to spend time on, doesn't open up until Hermit 5.

Getting a couple books out of the way early, before speed reading, will help. Especially the bug, fishing, and gardening books, which will help in other areas.

I'll say it like this. I do all quest, all books, and and all links, on fresh files (NG+ no carryover), and I still have free nights if I do a lot of my reading during Jan-Feb (Sundays and holidays also allow for Reading during the day) and then reload.
"Revy, have you forgotten? I'm already dead. I think I died the day I met you." -- Rock.

devilali
3 months ago#5
NextGenCowboy posted...
The thing is, you'll have more open reading time than that.

There's only 4 1/2 night links. Assuming max stats -- and waiting at Justice Rank 7 until the end of summer vacation when you have mandatory visits with them -- you're gonna have a lot of free nights.

The Shrine doesn't open as an option until Hermit does.

Working at the bar is pointless, due to how easily you can get money elsewhere if you need it. Fishing rewards are nice, but you won't need 120 nights of fishing.

And even making models, if that's what you're going to spend time on, doesn't open up until Hermit 5.

Getting a couple books out of the way early, before speed reading, will help. Especially the bug, fishing, and gardening books, which will help in other areas.

I'll say it like this. I do all quest, all books, and and all links, on fresh files (NG+ no carryover), and I still have free nights if I do a lot of my reading during Jan-Feb (Sundays and holidays also allow for Reading during the day) and then reload.

I'm actually worried about fishing, in my first playthrough I missed 3 quests and the Fox SL duo to not able to do fishing. and I was not able to get Mind Charge for Yukiko either

after you finish Mandala, you will have 29 reading periods, this means you have to spend 27 reading periods before.

I think the best method is to try doing 17 reading periods before finishing Heaven ( in free time when you can not go out maybe ) then speed read from Nov 8 to Dec 22 (38 reading periods ) then reload, this way you will not have to replay Mandala, but you will need to skip a lot of scenes

thanks for the reply
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 4 Golden
  3. Getting Compulsive Reader trophy then re-Load

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived