question about the story (just beat 1st dungeon)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 4 Golden
  3. question about the story (just beat 1st dungeon)

User Info: FlyinTonite

FlyinTonite
2 months ago#1
Yukiko just joined my party and I'm curious when the plot starts making, well, more sense. I get that the midnight channel is some sort of alternate dimension accessible thru the tv but other than that I'm a little lost. Does the plot start making more sense as we go along?

I'd ideally liked to know how dungeons are created, as they don't seem to have a reason to exist, they just sort of pop up, I get shadows are repressed emotions and feelings but why did Yukiko get one while Chie and Yosuke just had regular shadows. In addition, Sagi (if that was her name, the girl who died) had a little area herself but at the point when the team shows up she's dead but they still hear her voice, what's up with that?

Basically does the Midnight Channel world get developed more as it don't make a whole hell of a lot of sense right now aside from being a place you go to to kick some ass.
Life is tough, like real tough, like tough plus tough times tough to the power of tough.

User Info: lazinicki

lazinicki
2 months ago#2
Yes, you get more and more answers as the game progresses however, some points take some level of thinking to figure out.
The Queen Stays Queen Adios

User Info: RenamonFOX

RenamonFOX
2 months ago#3
The story makes more sense, but you will always be subject to a healthy suspension of disbelief. You need to accept that "That's just how things work in this world", if you're going to enjoy or at least make sense of the story.

At the end, there's a fair amount of material that's left up to the player. Draw your own conclusions or look up theorycrafting online.
Style is survival

User Info: Heartfang

Heartfang
2 months ago#4
The what and the why of the midnight channel get explained.
Common sense is just wisdom with its sleeves rolled up

User Info: Finis-XII

Finis-XII
2 months ago#5
Saki's liquor store is technically Yosuke's dungeon, I think. Chie is the only one who doesn't get one because she's clearly more enlightened than the rest of 'em. :)
"This close, I can hear your heart beating. Thump...thump...that's how you sound... <3"
https://m.imgur.com/gfiAZKK

Heartfang
2 months ago#6
Finis-XII posted...
Saki's liquor store is technically Yosuke's dungeon, I think. Chie is the only one who doesn't get one because she's clearly more enlightened than the rest of 'em. :)

The liquor store was formed from saki.

Finis-XII
2 months ago#7
Heartfang posted...
Finis-XII posted...

How? She's dead by the time you go in there.
"This close, I can hear your heart beating. Thump...thump...that's how you sound... <3"

User Info: darkzero000

darkzero000
2 months ago#8
Dungeon take time to build so only those victim got one since they stay inside for long time. After complete it stay around, even without the source host. The bear explained this himself.

Heartfang
2 months ago#9
Finis-XII posted...
Heartfang posted...
Finis-XII posted...

How? She's dead by the time you go in there.

None of persona 4's dungeons collapse when you remove the shadows or the people creating them. The creepy room you first go to is formed by Yamano, the liquor store saki, the castle yukiko etc. You can go back to all those locations. The TV world expands as people enter it.

The reason why chie and yosuke don't form dungeons is that you defeat their shadows the instant they appear. If you didn't then they would create new areas just like the others.

Finis-XII
2 months ago#10
Heartfang posted...
The reason why chie and yosuke don't form dungeons is that you defeat their shadows the instant they appear. If you didn't then they would create new areas just like the others.

Laaaaame. My headcanon explanation is way cooler and makes more sense than that does.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 4 Golden
  3. question about the story (just beat 1st dungeon)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived