Golden Ending

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them

User Info: jplank

jplank
2 months ago#1
I'm playing through this game for the first time and I'd like to obtain the best ending. Most guides I've read mention that I have to max out Marie's social link by December.

This guide (https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/641695-persona-4-golden/69817462) says that the Jester link must also be at level 6. Other guides don't mention the Jester link needing to be at level 6. So, I'm wondering - is this actually necessary to get the golden ending?

Also, besides what I've mentioned, are there any other requirements that I'd need to prepare in advance for? (I'm aware that certain responses are required and that you have to talk to all your maxed out social links, but I'm more interested in stuff that might take a few days to get.)

User Info: Avalon64

Avalon64
2 months ago#2
i don't THINK you need adachi at max to get the golden ending, it just affects his dialouge to you when its maxed or not, and can potentially open up a new bad ending if you go out of your way from the true ending to get it,...which lets face it WHY would you choose to get it...since the only reward out of it is the chance to fuse for magatsu izanagi which you can get to by going along the true ending route ANYWAY, and it does give you the heat riser skill card if you go get coffee with him equipped so it could be worth your while

but yes the requirements are you NEED marie maxed out before december, keep in mind she needs extra days of planning because there are times she NEEDS a spend time event even if you are told that 'your relationship will deepen' before you can move it to the next rank, then after you do that and pretty much solve the case in december around the new years events in janurary, visiting the velvet room will have you notice that marie isn't there and margaret offering to locate her for you, you MUST tell her yes you want to find her, do the bonus dungeon that comes with her, defeat the mastermind behind the incident like in the regular game and voila golden ending after the initial ending finishes
Can you taste The Angel's extraordinary skill? - Angel
Official Spiderman of Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Boards - Maximum Spider...

Avalon64
2 months ago#3
oh...and i won't spoil things for you...that bonus dungeon for marie...make sure you HAVE a persona that knows victory cry...which chances are will be lucifer unless you modified another persona to get victory cry early on lol

User Info: terran3999999

terran3999999
2 months ago#4
I think you misunderstood spealfan444's posts.

Getting Jester up to Rank 6 is only necessary for the Accomplice Ending. If you're not interested at all in that ending you can safely disregard the Jester SL. Or unlocking Magatsu Izanagi for fusion.(avoiding spoilers since your topic title didn't say spoilers.

When Marie goes missing, keep on saying yes to searching for her. A new dungeon will open up in February that you'll need to beat on that day, its really not that hard.

Avalon64 posted...
and can potentially open up a new bad ending if you go out of your way from the true ending to get it

Do you even know how the Accomplice Ending works? It happens on 12/5. Its no different from picking the other two bad endings and just reloading from there.

oh...and i won't spoil things for you...that bonus dungeon for marie...make sure you HAVE a persona that knows victory cry...which chances are will be lucifer unless you modified another persona to get victory cry early on lol

....what?
The dungeon hands you several accessories that helps you regen SP each turn. Unless you burn through your SP like a noob, Victory Cry is not mandatory. It helps but its not necessary.
Katawa Shoujo: The visual novel that defies and kicks logic to the curb.
Official contender to fight for Lilly as waifu.

Avalon64
2 months ago#5
i've beaten this game enough to know what im talking about

i understood perfectly the TC's post i even SAID how maxing Adachi has NOTHING to do with the golden ending just what opens up when you max him up, which okay fine my starting line i said i don't think, sounding like i wasn't certain, but i double check and made sure that maxing adachi has nothing to do with the golden ending but i guess i didn't bother to alter that line so apologies if there is some confusion

what you get form maxing Adachi is some new scenes, a few dialouge changes, and the choice to do the accomplice ending which yes deviates from the true ending because you WENT out of your way to select it, sure its not a big deal and oh sure reloading is a thing you can do but why do you want to even watch the accomplice ending on your own unless you're really curious but then i say go youtube that...or you have some morbid fascination in letting Adachi win by making yourself seem like a total idiot, it really isn't worth it in my opinion but different mileage and all, but the point i was trying to make is there's REALLY nothing special for doing the accomplice ending you don't get anything special out of it that you can't by going the true ending path, that's all

but AFTER i talked about Adachi, i DID in fact went over the requirements with what you need for the golden ending and all that and what you had to do to open the bonus dungeon

and that victory cry comment, i did say i won't spoil what you see in that dungeon but i was giving him a personal tip, his call if he wants to follow

terran3999999
1 month ago#6
How about any anime cutscenes you unlock get saved into that data log? So you can easily view the Accomplice Ending cutscene.

You seem very anger over a minor small bad ending that someone can easily just pick and reload for some reason.
(message deleted)

terran3999999
1 month ago#8
Message deleted?

Did anyone catch what was posted?

User Info: BrassBirch

BrassBirch
1 month ago#9
terran3999999 posted...
Message deleted?

Did anyone catch what was posted?

Unfortunately , no . I should have checked durimg lunch...
The Official Akihiko of the Persona boards. More-so than the other one. He sucks.

User Info: XcZeus3469

XcZeus3469
1 month ago#10
Avalon64 posted...

more likely on a first run his VC persona is Isis not Lucifer.
"I read this as a Bannanable Offense. I was like, what ksing with Soraka?"-Kirby 1207
psn: http://psnprofiles.com/ShadyMan8903

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived