Kids Times would be abused so badly.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Sirian_Hawk

Sirian_Hawk
5 years ago#11
They want you to use it. It gives you a taste of the online experience like a demo, so that you will want more than just two hours a day and end up paying the monthly fee.
"To hell with your spoiled baby! Zoidberg needs those shoes!"

User Info: JDuBz_IV

JDuBz_IV
5 years ago#12
Sirian_Hawk posted...
They want you to use it. It gives you a taste of the online experience like a demo, so that you will want more than just two hours a day and end up paying the monthly fee.

This.

Also, id be fairly confident saying the 2 hour window wont be a "set time frame" , meaning your 2 hours would be any 2 hours in a 24 hour period. You boot the game up, play your 2 hours, wait 24 hours, repeat.
3DS FC : 3909 - 7713 - 0964
Gamertag : LiTezOuT IV

User Info: PyjamaHero

PyjamaHero
5 years ago#13
JDuBz_IV posted...
Sirian_Hawk posted...

This.

Also, id be fairly confident saying the 2 hour window wont be a "set time frame" , meaning your 2 hours would be any 2 hours in a 24 hour period. You boot the game up, play your 2 hours, wait 24 hours, repeat.

From

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/22/nintendo-direct-offers-new-dragon-quest-x-details

"There will also be free "Kids Time" play periods, two hours per day, in the afternoons in Japan."

So in Japan, at least, it's a set aside time frame that you can use. Business wise this is a lot smarter because if you miss it you'll bummed out and decide to pay for the time.
A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.

JDuBz_IV
5 years ago#14
PyjamaHero posted...
JDuBz_IV posted...
Sirian_Hawk posted...

This.

From

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/22/nintendo-direct-offers-new-dragon-quest-x-details

"There will also be free "Kids Time" play periods, two hours per day, in the afternoons in Japan."

So in Japan, at least, it's a set aside time frame that you can use. Business wise this is a lot smarter because if you miss it you'll bummed out and decide to pay for the time.

Cool. Thanks for the info, I actually like the time window option better too, especially concerning the ability to convince new players to start paying to play and get the full experience. Wee'd need a different time frame though. I'm 14 hours behind JST, (us cnt) so their window would be 4am-ish local time oO
Consoles owned: NES SNES N64 PS1 Dreamcast PS2 PS3
Xbox360. Handhelds: PSP(3000) 3DS

User Info: PedroMontana

PedroMontana
5 years ago#15
It's not abuse, because even if you seriously manage to avoid the temptation to subscribe to be able to play whenever you want (and i bet a lot of people who buy the game with the intention of only using kids time will):
SquareEnix will certainly prefer at least getting your money from the game purchase to not getting money at all from people who would avoid a subscription based game altogether.
No More Heroes

JDuBz_IV
4 years ago#16
Confirmed : no "free play" time in Dragon Quest Ten Online, at least in Japan.

Think I read it on WiiUdaily, can't remember. Its out there on the web though.
Consoles owned: NES SNES N64 PS1 Dreamcast PS2 PS3
Xbox360. Handhelds: PSP(3000) 3DS

User Info: DarkTwoopah

DarkTwoopah
4 years ago#17
Wait, so I gotta buy a game, then pay a fee to play the game I bought? Blasphemy.
i make sense 66.6 percent of the time.

PedroMontana
4 years ago#18
DarkTwoopah posted...
Wait, so I gotta buy a game, then pay a fee to play the game I bought?

No. When you buy the game, you can play it online for 2 hours every day.
You need to pay a subscription fee to play MORE then 2 hours per day.

There is also a short offline prelude/tutorial part in the beginning that can be played completely offline.
Some sources also say that there is a offline single player campaign that goes beyond the prelude/tutorial.
No More Heroes

User Info: Laytonman

Laytonman
4 years ago#19
its two hours DEAL WIF IT!
"Um... oh, it's Laytonman. Never mind. I was about to logic there for a second."-SpunkySix

PedroMontana
4 years ago#20
Laytonman posted...
its two hours DEAL WIF IT!

2 hours on weekdays, 3 hours on Saturday and Sunday i think.
No More Heroes

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived