Armour skills and decorations

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  3. Armour skills and decorations

User Info: Razorwolf79

Razorwolf79
3 years ago#1
Hey everyone,

This is actually a question about Tri, but since this board has way more use ill ask it here and you will probably know the answer anyway ;).

So I started up a new save file with tri to get through the village quests and pass some time waiting for MF3U to come out (just 3 more weeks, huzzah). But the other day I wanted to gem my gear for attack. The gear already had +9 attack to it so I thought id just add some decorations for a nice bonus. But it didnt give me the skill...
I noticed that the armour gave +1. Is it impossible to then also get +1 from decorations?

I hope you understand what I mean.
Pokemon Black FC: 2021-9244-1290

User Info: Ulyaoth74

Ulyaoth74
3 years ago#2
Your gear doesn't have +9 attack. It actually has nothing. You can get + one attack after reaching 10. So your gear is a bit short to actually giving you the buff. If you want +2 attack, you might need around 15 to unlock the second upgrade. So you'll need a decoration with +6 added to your armor of + 9 in order to unlock the second tier for + 2 attack.

I hope that makes sense.
"Can you draw two M&Ms fighting with katanas?" -Me
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/9606/mmfight.png -aDubiousNotion

Razorwolf79
3 years ago#3
yeah it does but its not what I ment :). I use the rhenoplasta armour (im at barroth and the mud resist helps) wich gives 9 points towards attack. I filled it with 6 attack decorations wich should give me 15 points towards attack, but for some reason I dont get that. Is that because if a piece of armour gives 1 point towards attack adding a attack jewel doesnt work?

User Info: ohitsthatguy1

ohitsthatguy1
3 years ago#4
no
4641 1656 3643; V.Joe/Dante/Vergil
August

User Info: agentpheonix

agentpheonix
3 years ago#5
Make sure none of your armor pieces have a -1 to attack or anything.

Other than that I don't know why you wouldn't be getting the bonus.
GT: Red Undead Now Playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening, Metal Gear Rising
http://m-102.minus.com/ipPaN0GZBXpqY.gif

User Info: lostsoul1312

lostsoul1312
3 years ago#6
Are you sure you're not using some other jewel?
"I'm gonna die anyway. I won't have to be afraid anymore. But I'm not gonna die alone."
Catch me streaming at http://www.twitch.tv/vagabondwolf

User Info: toadieman

toadieman
3 years ago#7
It takes 10 points in a skill to actually have that skill.
PSN: toadieman

Razorwolf79
3 years ago#8
Yes im using attack decorations, it evens says I get +1 from the decoration but the skill just doesnt activate >.>. On the skills screen it just says I got 9 points instead of the 15 I should get

User Info: PDelta

PDelta
3 years ago#9
Remove all the decorations. How many points do you have? My guess is your math is wrong and you're not supposed to be at 15
PSN: PDelta

User Info: Winsage

Winsage
3 years ago#10
The only thing I can think of is that you have a talisman that gives +9 to some skill and that you're confusing that skill with attack.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  3. Armour skills and decorations

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived