Transfer Tool mini FAQ v1.0

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  3. Transfer Tool mini FAQ v1.0

User Info: Element_Pearl

Element_Pearl
4 years ago#1
Table of Contents

1. Introduction
2. How to use the 3DS Transfer Tool to transfer a save from the Wii U to the 3DS.
3. How to use the 3DS Transfer Tool to transfer a save from the 3DS to the Wii U.
4. Multiple Accounts and Saves.

1. Introduction

Hello and welcome to my mini FAQ for the 3DS' Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Transfer Tool. I decided to write this short guide because I'm seeing a lot of questions about the tool and, unfortunately, a lot of misinformation. It will be a short guide with the aim of being easy to understand. To begin, you need 5 things. A Wii U, a copy of MH3U for the Wii U, a 3DS, a copy of MH3U for the 3DS, and the MH3U Transfer Tool for 3DS, available for free on the eShop.

2. How to use the 3DS Transfer Tool to transfer a save from the Wii U to the 3DS.

Boot MH3U on the Wii U and advance to the main menu. Here, choose 'Data Transfer'. A screen will pop up and inform you that it is waiting for the 3DS to connect. Next, boot the Transfer Tool on the 3DS and choose the 'Wii U to 3DS' option. Select the NNID that is signed into the Wii U. A progress bar will begin, and when it is over your save has been transferred to the 3DS. You can do this even if the 3DS cartridge has not been used already.

At this point, the data on the Wii U becomes 'locked' and if you attempt to play that save game on the Wii U without first transferring back from the 3DS, it will inform you that although you can play on the Wii U with that data, any progress you make will be lost when you transfer your saves back.

3. How to use the 3DS Transfer Tool to transfer a save from the 3DS to the Wii U.

Boot MH3U on the Wii U and advance to the main menu. Here, choose 'Data Transfer'. A screen will pop up and inform you that it is waiting for the 3DS to connect. Now, boot the Transfer Tool on the 3DS and choose the '3DS to Wii U' option. Select the NNID that is signed into the Wii U. A progress bar will begin, and when it is over your save has been transferred to the Wii U. Be aware that transferring from the 3DS will DELETE any save data on the 3DS at this point.

4. Multiple Accounts and Saves

"But Element Pearl," you say, "what if I want to share my Wii U with my wife/friend/dog/roomate? How can we avoid overwriting each other's saves?" Well, that's fine. Just be aware that this requires you to know that when you transfer a save, it transfers ALL THREE SLOTS, so you need to set this up before you begin playing. It's possible to share saves with as many people as you want even with only one Wii U and one 3DS, and I will detail how to do so here.

First of all, you'll want to have an NNID (Nintendo Network ID) set up for each person who is going to be playing MH3U on the Wii U. To create a new NNID, from the WaraWara Plaza on Wii U (the area with all the Miis and cool pictures) click or touch the picture of the Mii on the upper left hand corner of the Gamepad. This will prompt you to either sign in with an existing NNID, or create a new one. I won't get into the specifics of that here. Just make sure that you're signed into your own NNID when you boot MH3U, and then follow the steps shown above for transferring to or from the Wii U.

There's only one rule to this, and that is that the 3DS can only hold one set of saves at a time. If you're sharing between multiple people, always make sure to transfer data from the 3DS to the appropriate Wii U NNID account before you transfer from the Wii U to the 3DS, or you will lose the saves on the 3DS.
Official Holy Dragon Nall of the First Generation.

User Info: ResidentEvilWeb

ResidentEvilWeb
4 years ago#2
Unpacked my Wii U just minutes ago, so this info was just what I was looking for. Thank you

Element_Pearl
4 years ago#3
You're welcome. Be sure to request a sticky if you think this information would be helpful to other players.

User Info: ResidentEvilWeb

ResidentEvilWeb
4 years ago#4
Element_Pearl posted...
You're welcome. Be sure to request a sticky if you think this information would be helpful to other players.

I just did. I see a lot of those topics around and I wasn't sure if I only needed to download the app on the 3DS (since I haven't used the Wii U yet, charging the gamepad atm). So that post gave me the answer I was looking for.
(message deleted)

User Info: bigjike

bigjike
4 years ago#6
I can't find the transfer tool on the eshop
USA PSN-bigmikevgw- JPN PSN-newmike187 Xbox live -mike Vgw sr-3ds-3780-9018-6461.

Element_Pearl
4 years ago#7
bigjike posted...
I can't find the transfer tool on the eshop

Are you on the 3DS eshop? Just search for CAPCOM published titles.

User Info: bigjike

bigjike
4 years ago#8
Ok let me try that
USA PSN-bigmikevgw- JPN PSN-newmike187 Xbox live -mike Vgw sr-3ds-3780-9018-6461.

User Info: Heartsnatcher

Heartsnatcher
4 years ago#9
i'm getting the new XL on Sunday, can i use the transfer tool to go from 3DS -> Wii U -> XL?

i want to transfer from 3DS cartridge to the Wii U and then transfer that save to the digital downloaded version on the XL.

User Info: blazerMFT

blazerMFT
4 years ago#10
Tagged. Nall, have a look at PM. Thanks.
Member of CMWABME
Awesomeness Redefined
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  3. Transfer Tool mini FAQ v1.0

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.