How do I play local coop beween a 3ds and a wii u.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  3. How do I play local coop beween a 3ds and a wii u.

User Info: Gallic420

Gallic420
3 years ago#1
I cant figure this out. I have a 3ds and my bro has a wii u, Were do I go in MH3U to play together?
* GT and pokemon FCs in quote

User Info: Banchou-kun

Banchou-kun
3 years ago#2
I'm assuming you have wifi, the wii u player has to go to a multiplayer tavern in Tanzia, then the 3ds user talks to Neko and does a Friend Search. Should find the wii u player, and voila enter the same area.

User Info: Gallic420

Gallic420
3 years ago#3
He doesnt have the option. Yes i have wifi
* GT and pokemon FCs in quote

Banchou-kun
3 years ago#4
Did he set up his Wii U for wifi? If he hasn't make sure he has. Then try going to a multiplayer port in Tanzia, by speaking to Neko.

User Info: hhjghbhghnmh

hhjghbhghnmh
3 years ago#5
Gallic420 posted...
He doesnt have the option. Yes i have wifi

Which option? The multiplayer port? I think you've just gotta make sure the 3DS player's using friend search. But I was a 3DS player last time I was doing it, so I don't know that much about what the Wii U player's supposed to do.
Barrel!

User Info: void03

void03
3 years ago#6
Make sure the Wii U player goes into the multiplayer local play of Tanzia port and not network play.

The 3DS player will need to talk to the cat and do a friend search, or if you're in the port/tavern, go the next area (i.e, in the port and move into tavern) and press X instead of A so you can fast travel and use friend search.
PSN: void03 | 3DS FC: 3265-5174-9996 - Riku03
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/03riku

Banchou-kun
3 years ago#7
hang on, you guys are like, in the same room right? The 3ds can't connect to the internet like the wii U can, so you have to be together if you want to play together. (no real info was given so just in case)

the wii u is basically exactly the same as the 3ds version, the instruction manual for the Wii U version tells you how to connect a wii u and 3ds together, thats how me and my cousin figured out how to play together. i have the 3ds version.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  3. How do I play local coop beween a 3ds and a wii u.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived