Hard or Lunatic?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: LostKnight

LostKnight
4 years ago#1
Right now I'm playing through for the first time on normal classic. I used to play normal on previous Fire Emblems, so I stuck with that this time around. However, I didn't realize how much DLC map abuse I would wind up doing. I sorta miss some of the mini heart attacks or frustration in restarting a map because of a bad move on my part.

The only time I've tried Hard mode was with the first stateside released FE game (with Eliwood, Lyn, and Hector).

My question is, when I finish my playthrough on normal classic (still trying to figure out if I should just plow through the story now and start a new game or not), should I do it on Hard or Lunatic?
Currently Playing: Guild Wars 2, Fire Emblem: Awakening

User Info: BowtotheTWIG

BowtotheTWIG
4 years ago#2
Hard mode will be more like the Normal mode you're used to

Lunatic mode is crazy hard and should not be attempted until you've beaten hard
Top Solo Lulu Guide: http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=28448
20 different Final Fantasy Ratings in Quote.

User Info: Rasb_Burrise

Rasb_Burrise
4 years ago#3
You've never tried Hard Mode even once before? Because FE Normal modes are pretty easy games. I would suggest not even playing Normal mode in this game. It's more akin to Easy Mode, to be honest. Hard Mode is likely Normal Mode.
"I buy sausage" - Haruhi from K-On?: Fumoffu

User Info: VentusXII

VentusXII
4 years ago#4
Hard Mode in this game is the functioning Normal. Normal mode in this game is the functioning Easy. Lunatic is basically...typical FE hard mode x 3. When you beat Lunatic, DO NOT even ATTEMPT Lunatic+.
285/300 BTs! After a year's worth of trying, finally got FAM!
Awaiting Resident Evil 6 and Zelda 3DS.

User Info: LostKnight

LostKnight
4 years ago#5
Rasb_Burrise posted...
You've never tried Hard Mode even once before? Because FE Normal modes are pretty easy games. I would suggest not even playing Normal mode in this game. It's more akin to Easy Mode, to be honest. Hard Mode is likely Normal Mode.

I have, with Rekka no Ken. I got through most of it but then I got bored and moved onto other games.

But thanks for the suggestions, hopefully Hard will be more of what I've been missing.
Currently Playing: Guild Wars 2, Fire Emblem: Awakening

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived