What does the future hold for the Fire Emblem series?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. What does the future hold for the Fire Emblem series?

User Info: HadesPit

HadesPit
4 years ago#1
One thing that's always frustrated me about the Fire Emblem series is that it just isn't very popular- as well as the fact that many of the games haven't been officially released outside of Japan. But with Fire Emblem: Awakening, it seems that Nintendo is actually trying to put a good deal of effort into advertising it and hyping it up. This makes me think that the series has a chance of increasing in popularity by a large amount.

It got me wondering: what does the future hold for the Fire Emblem series? Do you think that it's grown a good deal in popularity since if first came out in the West? Do you think it could become a moderately well-known and recognizable series? Could it eventually become known in the West as one of Nintendo's main flagship series? Do you think the old, Japanese-only games might get remakes that are released in the West? And, of course, how popular and well-known do you think that the Fire Emblem series could potentially become?
One does not simply walk into North Korea.
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5671-3135

User Info: marthsheretoo

marthsheretoo
4 years ago#2
Nothing but despair. Luckily, Nintendo sent Awakening back in time to save us from a future where Fire Emblem stayed Japan only and eventually died out.
Yes, racism is justified. -The_Kid3000

User Info: retroman20

retroman20
4 years ago#3
I hope so...love all the FE games..
One of the Four Horsemen of BRAP

User Info: NeonDragon9000

NeonDragon9000
4 years ago#4
Hasn't every FE game since FE7 with the exception of FE12 seen a localized release now? I see no reason future games won't also be localized.
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe

User Info: Zio_Dyne

Zio_Dyne
4 years ago#5
Nothing but despair. Luckily, Nintendo sent Awakening back in time to save us from a future where Fire Emblem stayed Japan only and eventually died out.

Oh you~

User Info: motsinaction

motsinaction
4 years ago#6
Not within the next two games, that's for sure.

User Info: Pheem

Pheem
4 years ago#7
marthsheretoo posted...

I was hoping for a comment like this one. Did not disappoint, bravo.
GW2: Tannith - Henge of Denravi
3DS FC: 2019-9656-0978

User Info: Huff n puff 20

Huff n puff 20
4 years ago#8
marthsheretoo posted...
Think a NEXT will save you from BETA? Think again.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8572968/1/Project-Ignition
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. What does the future hold for the Fire Emblem series?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived