Rate the Skill, Chapter 23: HP +5 and Zeal

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Rate the Skill, Chapter 23: HP +5 and Zeal

User Info: guedesbrawl

guedesbrawl
4 years ago#1
Glad to see that a good number of people are liking this, even if I make some very dumb errors almost every topic.

Thanks for the support!

-Skill Ranking-

S Rank:
*Aether (Great Lord,Lv5)
*Veteran (Tactician,Lv1)
*Armsthrift (Mercenary,Lv1)
*Galeforce (Dark Flier, Lv15)

A Rank:
*Rightful King (Great Lord,Lv15)
*Ignis (Grandmaster,Lv5)
*Rally Spectrum (Grandmaster,Lv15)
*Sol (Hero,Lv5)
*Astra (Swordmaster,Lv5)
*Aegis (Paladin,Lv15)
*Luna (Great Knight,Lv5)
*Dual Guard+ (Great Knight,Lv15)
*Pavise (General,Lv15)
*Aptitude (Villager,Lv1)

B Rank:
*Dual Strike+ (Lord,Lv1)
*Axebreaker (Hero,Lv15)
*Vantage (Myrmidon,Lv10)
*Swordfaire (Swordmaster,Lv15)
*Locktouch (Thief,Lv1)
*Movement +1 (Thief,Lv10)
*Lethality (Assassin,Lv5)
*Lucky Seven (Trickster,Lv5)
*Special Dance (Dancer,Lv15)
*Rally Speed (Falcon Knight,Lv5)
*Lancefaire (Falcon Knight,Lv15)
*Rally Movement (Dark Flier, Lv5)

C Rank:
*Solidarity (Tactician,Lv10)
*Patience (Mercenary,Lv10)
*Avoid +10 (Myrmidon,Lv1)
*Pass (Assassin,Lv15)
*Acrobat (Trickster,Lv15)
*Discipline (Cavalier,Lv1)
*Defender (Paladin,Lv5)
*Defense +2 (Knight,Lv1)
*Rally Defense (General,Lv5)
*Speed + 2 (Pegasus Knight,Lv1)
*Relief (Pegasus Knight,Lv10)
*Underdog (Villager,Lv1)

D Rank:
*Charm (Lord,Lv10)
*Luck +4 (Dancer,Lv1)
*Outdoor Fighter (Cavalier,Lv10)
*Indoor Fighter (Knight,Lv10)

-Nominations-

Sol: 3/15
Armsthrift: 3/15
Rally Spectrum: 1/15
Vantage: 1/15
Astra: 1/15
Letrality: 1/15

Rally Speed and Lancefaire can be nominated as of today.

(For the rules of nominations and nomination paralogues, see the second post of this topic:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/65638534)

-------------------

Characters that start with HP +5 and can learn Zeal: Vaike

Characters that start with both skills: Basilio, Male Morgan (born from those two).

Characters that can learn either skill: Donnel, Gaius, Gerome, Priam, Male Avatar, Male Morgan.

Characters that can inherit the skills and the class required: Owain, Inigo, Brady, Yarne, Laurent, Male Morgan (Vaike, Basilio, Vaike's Sons).

Characters that can inherit the skills but not the class required: Cynthia (Gaius, Avatar), Kjelle, Severe, Noire, Nah, Female Morgan.

-------------------

We will be stuck with skills of the male-exclusive classes for a while...but today will be very brief. I won't even need the 2 posts.

HP +5 simply adds 5 points to your total HP. Well, it's better than Defense/Resistance +2, but the bonus is still relatively small. Since it doesn't do much but isn't useless, I give it a C.

Zeal gives a gives a +5 increase to your Critical Hit rate. Eh, criticals are very good, but the bonus is very small. It's just the same reasoning as the HP +5, so i give it a C, too.

Nominate Armsthrift.
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6

User Info: fueled-system

fueled-system
4 years ago#2
HP+5: B, no way is it terrible but no way is it great, on lunatic it can be the difference between death but still...

Zeal: D awful and irrelevant, waste of a slot

User Info: Rideps1

Rideps1
4 years ago#3
C and C. Another nomination for Astra.
BEHOLD THE POWER OF SARDINES!
An RNG'd Gangrel on the FE:A boards.

User Info: supershyguy65

supershyguy65
4 years ago#4
D and D.

User Info: RedMageKirby

RedMageKirby
4 years ago#5
HP + 5: D. 5 HP is pretty much nothing, and Fighter is already the class known for it's HP, so it's not really doing much. I'd say it's easily worse than DEF/RES +2, if you're hit 3 times it becomes less useful.

Zeal: C. 5 crit may be minuscule, but crit is crit, and every little bit can count. Is it a good skill? No. But is it the worst of the worst? Not really.
~RMK~
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

User Info: Model_Omega

Model_Omega
4 years ago#6
HP +5: Marginally useful early on, but quickly is overshadowed by better skills, D
Zeal: C, not bad, just.... there.
Flak Jacket: Survive multiple rockets and grenades exploding by your feet, scratch from a knife to your shin insta-kills you, seems pretty legit.

User Info: Smash Master

Smash Master
4 years ago#7
C for both. They're both very basic boosts that, while they're nicer than D, theres CERTAINLY better things to spend skill slots on.
This is a sig, woo.
http://z7.invisionfree.com/If_They_Were/index.php?act=idx

User Info: Lurkerkiller

Lurkerkiller
4 years ago#8
C for HP, D for Zeal.

That early HP is nice and helps those who start with it (Vaike comes to mind) but it's not something you want later on.

Zeal, 5% critical isn't going to make or break you, sure you might land a lucky crit, but its not something you should depend on really. Helps if you are already stacking crit though, as a stand alone its not that good.

Also can we nominate a skill we already did in a previous chapter? If so, I nominate Sol again.
LoL NA: Lurkerkiller
SC2 NA: Lurkerkiller.301

User Info: jazz36

jazz36
4 years ago#9
I say C to both skills; +5 HP is good for higher difficulties and Zeal is good for classes that rely on scoring critical hits like Swordmaster and Beserker; also helps when using killer weapons.

User Info: occupation_bob

occupation_bob
4 years ago#10
HP +5: D
Zeal: C

+5 HP isn't enough for anything. You never usually put your units within 5 HP of dying anyways.

+5 Crit on the other hand is marginally useful. Say you have 0% Crit. That's useless. Even 1% Crit is infinitely better than 0%, but this just gave you 5%. It's not much... but it's better than nothing. If Gamble/Focus didn't exist, I'd probably rate it higher.
It's like my Rattata is in the top percentage of Rattatas.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Rate the Skill, Chapter 23: HP +5 and Zeal

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived