CYOA: Age of the Sun

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. CYOA: Age of the Sun

User Info: Cheesepower5

Cheesepower5
4 years ago#441
(Sorry for the wait. I passed out last night, this morning my writing all got deleted by my s***berry's browser...)

You browse the vast collection of books in the temple. The amount of books is literally too large, like the shelves and boxes were bigger on the inside than on the outside. Loose piles of books clutter the area and stack to the ceiling. You comb the titles, perusing all three aisles. It's a vast collection, ranging from the inconspicuous...

Uncharted Lands: The Island of Aviones

... To the practical...

A Test of Skill: Useful Techniques for the Battlefield

... To the outright bizarre.

Harem How-to: Get Your Good Ending or Seven

Eventually, you pick out three Tomes to use, as well as a few spares and a book to read on your down time. You take your selection, sitting at the patrons' table, now one occupent lonelier. A middle aged man in white robes looks at a book on the basics of Dark Magic serenely, shooting you a casual smile when you approach. "You a Druid from this place?" He asks. He has a round, dark head of hair with olive-coloured skin.

"Nah." You say. "Well, I was a Druid's apprentice in Vredain. Close to being full-fledged, but I got swept into a new life."

"Sounds that way." He says sympathetically. "I had to turn back from Vredain on the day after the attack. Came here to study Dark Magic instead. The name's Tacitus, a Monk. I won't bite." He extends his hand for a shake.

You return the gesture, gripping each other's hands and securing each other's acceptance. "So you're a noble from Remani, huh?" You ask, judging from his name. "How does a noble Southern Monk wind up studying Dark Magic in Ynnes Manodan?"

"I wanted to sell Dark and Light Magic." He explains. "I can make basic Dark Tomes now, but there isn't anybody looking to buy them."

"Your accent is barely perceptable." You comment. "Have you been in the North for long?"

"I consider myself neutral." He says. "I wanted to learn Dark Magic so I'd have something to sell around these parts. There was little demand for Light tomes, even in Bregjar. I've gotten rid of most of my regional habits by now."

"Could you sell us magic?" You ask. "My army and I, I mean. I'm the Tactitian for the force to liberate Vredain."

Tacitus strokes his chin ponderously a moment. "I suppose there's no harm in setting up a shop with you guys, I do need the money..." He remarks. "Very well, I'll join. I can't promise that I'll actually fight, though. I don't care about these petty wars." Ordinarily you'd agree, but it is your homeland.

"That's fine." You say. "I wouldn't ask you to do something you're uncomfortable with."

"By the way..." Tacitus comments. "What book have you been looking at?" You take out the mundane book you found on the shelves. It's...

A. A Test of Skill: Useful Techniques for the Battlefield
B. Harem How-to: Get Your Good Ending or Seven
C. Uncharted Lands: The Island of Aviones

(Note: Each book imparts a special skill when read in the camp. A is an offensive skill, B is a support skill and C is a utility skill.)
Official Naga Raja of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Board
Official King Marth of the Fire Emblem: Awakening Board

User Info: Dragunov_Zero

Dragunov_Zero
4 years ago#442
I'll go B. just for the lulz =P
If life is suffering, then does death bring peace?
Official groom of Tiki - Fire Emblem Awakening =3

User Info: Osranger

Osranger
4 years ago#443
Dragunov_Zero posted...
I'll go B. just for the lulz =P

This
Those are brave men out there. Let's go kill them!
-Tyrion Lannister, Clash of Kings

Cheesepower5
4 years ago#444
Just to let you know, this doesn't guarantee the harem ending either way. The Skill will still be just as useful as any of the others.

Najin: Najin's the last player choice I'll be covering until you meet more. I think I'll move on to Erin or Bernard next... Anyway, Najin's had a tough life. She was raised as a prisoner in a Sominian rebel hideout, something like what an African drug lord nowadays might have. I was going to give her Wo Dao as a weapon, then it slipped my mind.

User Info: Spitz_of_TFF

Spitz_of_TFF
4 years ago#445
Sorry, but I gotta go with A. Prideri's more of a main unit, not a supporter.
I'm Insane! Who wants cookies?!
As far as I'm concerned, Humanity's totally screwed

User Info: Spitz_of_TFF

Spitz_of_TFF
4 years ago#446
Bump. Need more A votes!
I'm Insane! Who wants cookies?!
As far as I'm concerned, Humanity's totally screwed

User Info: Sanjima_Ryuku

Sanjima_Ryuku
4 years ago#447
A. Because it sounds like the most useful book out of the three, and I hate harem...

Cheesepower5
4 years ago#448
What an interesting time for a tie. If anyone wants to choose A or B definitively before tommorow morning, then we'll go with that. Otherwise, "RNG Goddess Anna" makes the descision... Which may have some interesting results.

Bernard: Bernard is named after my favourite author. Aside from Hanna and Lir his main friends are named after main characters in his books, you haven't met or heard of his best friends, but they're around, and combat ready.

User Info: Neosephiroth666

Neosephiroth666
4 years ago#449
Hmm, then I'll vote A as I know how nasty those ties are and I'm having trouble sleeping.
Darkness and light. Chaos and order. I will be the sword that severs the balance. Behold, the glimmering new world.

Cheesepower5
4 years ago#450
You hold up your book, a fairly hefty combat manual with a picture of a Sword, an Axe and a Lance crossing on its cover. You read the title to Tacitus as you whip out the book. "A Test of Skill: Useful Techniques for the Battlefield..."

Tacitus nods approvingly. "You must be very dedicated to the cause of your army, working so hard as their Tactician." You redden at the face a little, but accept the praise.

"I didn't think of it like that, but thanks." You say, unable to take a compliment about your admittedly lacking knack for war. "It seems like a useful book, and if that can help me spare a few of my friends' lives, then I'd gladly bust the bank for it."

"And yet it's free." Tacitus remarks happily. "The Manodani really are nice people, no?"

"Mostly." You tell him, thinking of the Soldier that bullied Ishtar. "Prince Galahan is probably the friendliest guy I've ever met. I honestly thought he was a eu-daemon, not a royal."

"Ah, I've noticed the man recoil in tense situations." Tacitus admits. "But at Huel's funeral, a eu-daemon would probably have killed everyone rather than weep for his uncle."

"True enough." You agree.

Gathering your new tomes, two spare Fluxes, an Aircalibur, a Bolting and a Ruin into your bag, you head out with Tacitus, who politely thanks the librarian you hadn't noticed before and leaves. The librarian kind of reminds you of someone, but you can't figure out who.

You leave Ynnes Manodan to the North-West, having a ferry take you to a coastal village off the former Iwernian coast, where the army will resume march until they reach the nearest fortress. The village is a poor fishing town who've remained largely unaffected by the rebellion, save an initial raising of taxes. They're hesitant to invite war into their humble home, but Mirthin promises their safety and they gladly accept his gold for asylum. You step outside the elder's house to breathe the salty sea air. Finan leaves a nearby fishing shack, taking a stride up to you. "Lord Mirthin would like a favour of you, Prideri." He says.

"I'd gladly help my prince." You tell him. "What does he need?"

"Sir Garth and I are the only ones who have so far been willing to train with him." Finan explains. "But we can only effectively train him by holding back our power. Mirthin wishes to train in a true contest of skill with a swordsman closer to his own skill."

"I'm no swordsman." You confess. "Never was, just a mage with the right training. Surely Mirthin could improve more against sir Garth."

"Prince Mirthin believes he is weak and holding the rest of us back." Finan pleads. "Please, see for yourself what potential he possesses. And if you can, help him to reach it."

You bite your lip in mild frustration. You aren't confident in your swordsmanship yet, but then again, neither is Mirthin.

A. Agree to the duel.
B. Maybe later.

(For those curious, A's skill was Upper Hand which makes you always have WTA. When you normally actually would have WTA, Prideri can use a skill that functions as a more probable critical hit. The WTA applies with magic, but the skill only activates with weapons. B's skill was Harem King, which worked sort of like a gender-swapped Demoiselle mixed with Miracle, where surrounding females have a 50% chance to take no damage. Only applies to girls with at least B Support with you. C's skill was Birdkeeper, which would let you use magic to communicate with a falcon and more effectively scout the battlefield. Only applies if there's a bird nearby or you train a falcon to keep. You can still get one more of these skills, or others, towards the end.)
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. CYOA: Age of the Sun

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived