CYOA: Age of the Sun

  • Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. CYOA: Age of the Sun

User Info: Osranger

Osranger
4 years ago#461
C_D_M posted...
C. Ketil, I choose you!


If we keep on throwing him out there like that, he will eventually hit a death flag. We don't even know what this ambassador guy fights with.
Those are brave men out there. Let's go kill them!
-Tyrion Lannister, Clash of Kings

User Info: Cheesepower5

Cheesepower5
4 years ago#462
Osranger posted...
C_D_M posted...
C. Ketil, I choose you!


If we keep on throwing him out there like that, he will eventually hit a death flag. We don't even know what this ambassador guy fights with.


Joachim is a level 10 Hero with a Brave Sword and a Tomahawk. His skills are Armsthrift, Sol, Aegis, Swordfaire and War Monger (Makes him stronger if he gets a kill, +3 Str in gameplay terms. Like Galeforce or Lifetaker.) He's slightly stronger than Garth or Finan, Ketil's only advantage is the Merovignius.
Official Naga Raja of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Board
Official King Marth of the Fire Emblem: Awakening Board

User Info: C_D_M

C_D_M
4 years ago#463
Osranger posted...
C_D_M posted...
C. Ketil, I choose you!


If we keep on throwing him out there like that, he will eventually hit a death flag. We don't even know what this ambassador guy fights with.


You have to have faith in your troops!

How about Ishtar?

User Info: Sanjima_Ryuku

Sanjima_Ryuku
4 years ago#464
D. I've quoted this before and I'll quote it again: "Know thy enemy and know thyself, find victory in a hundred battles."

User Info: Cheesepower5

Cheesepower5
4 years ago#465
(Joachim could lose to Garth, Finan or Ketil, but I'd base the victor on odds and the odds are always in Joachim's favour.)

You decide to ask Garth, Finan or Norwenna about the fort. They've all been in Iwernia before and would probably be more helpful than Rory was. You first meet Norwenna, brushing Rhiannon's mane lovingly in the stables. "Hello Prideri." She greets warmly, moving focus from her pegasus for just a second. "You haven't come to look at horses, have you?"

"Not terribly interested." You confess. "I wanted to ask you what you know about the forts around here."

Norwenna frowns slightly, scratching her hair in thought. "The Pegasus Knights were always further North-West." She tells you. "I've never been to this part of Iwernia, but I hear they used to use this as a communications fort to send messages between the nations." Norwenna finishes grooming her pegasus, planting a kiss on its forehead and moving to the next stable. It's occupied by Garth's horse, an enigmatic horned beast named Sharolaigh with a beautiful sable coat. She continues, taking a bucket and starting to bath Sharolaigh.

"How did they use it for communications?" You ask.

"Secret passages, I think...?" Norwenna looks apologetic. "I don't know much, I'm sorry. Maybe Garth could help?"

You nod. "Thanks." You say, waving goodbye to Norwenna. Garth is in the fields where the builders have set to making a small palisade hidden behind the hills. He, Erin and a few Soldiers are going over drills with their spears, first throwing them, then running to retrieve them and performing a simple thrust. At a break, Erin says a few words with him and is allowed to leave ahead of everyone else.

"You want to know about Fort Hibernia, huh?" Garth asks, focusing on the training. "There used to be some passages leading into Vredain, Bregjar, Jotlend and Ynnes Manodan. I know the Vredaini tunnel had a cave-in thirty years ago. If we found where that happened, we could probably get a few guys into the fort as long as the entrance isn't sealed."

"So where was the cave-in?" You wonder aloud. "Would it really be possible to get into the tunnel that way?"

"It isn't going to look like a cave-in, not after thirty years." Garth explains. "But, I remember the area well. I'm sure I could find it for you, if you want."

"I'll think about it as an option." You say. "I'm not too sure what we'd do when we get inside, though."

"Yeah, don't go charging in without a plan." Garth warns.

Finan isn't anywhere to be found. None of the areas where anybody else is, anyway. Fort Hibernia looms in the distance, an impressive stone cylinder draped in the Luhnag's Sunspear emblem. It's built like simple hillfort, indicating that the Iwernians built it, but the complex stone work indicates external help. You need a plan, fast.

A. Surround the fort in a conventional siege.
B. Open negotiations with Joachim and propose they surrender.
C. Open negotiations with Joachim and propose a duel (Choose 1.)
D. Sneak in and try to kill Joachim (Choose five, you aren't required.)
E. Sneak in to gather information (Choose two, you aren't required.)
F. Use a different method (Come up with your own.)
Official Naga Raja of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Board
Official King Marth of the Fire Emblem: Awakening Board

User Info: Cheesepower5

Cheesepower5
4 years ago#466
Bumper Cars

Mirthin: Mithin's father Padraig is a minor Dragon Blood who won the throne of Vredain by taking his personal troops and holding off the Luhnag uprising in western Vredain. The borders were redrawn, but it's thought that it's by his efforts that the North didn't succumb to the South 24 years prior. Mirthin has an inferiority complex from always being held to his father's standard.
Official Naga Raja of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Board
Official King Marth of the Fire Emblem: Awakening Board

User Info: FE_AC15

FE_AC15
4 years ago#467
E—Finan and Bernard

They're our sneakiest characters, I think?
Superb Indie Games: Minecraft, MULTIWINIA, Battle for Wesnoth, Project Zomboid [Check them out!]
PSN: PainfulAC (feel free to add me; mention GameFAQs)

User Info: Cheesepower5

Cheesepower5
4 years ago#468
FE_AC15 posted...
E—Finan and Bernard

They're our sneakiest characters, I think?


More or less. Ishtar and Seren together with those two make the top four.
Official Naga Raja of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Board
Official King Marth of the Fire Emblem: Awakening Board

User Info: Cheesepower5

Cheesepower5
4 years ago#469
You sit alone in the war room, pondering the upcoming battle over a glass of rye. "...You were looking for me, commander?" Finan's voice comes behind you gravely.

"Yeah, I was." You confirm. "If it's not too personal, might I ask where you were?"

"I was stationed in this fortress once." Finan confides. "Just twenty years ago."

"Twenty?" You ask. "But that was after..." You don't need to finish your sentence. You know what Finan was getting at and he should know you got his meaning.

"My parents were among the earliest members of the cult of light." Finan tells you truthfully. "They, Joachim and a man called Conchobar were the founders. Joachim is... Was, like a father to me, though he was younger than my real parents. He found a young wife to convert called Gunhild. A Shield Maiden from Jotlend. They live in this fortress with their daughter... You remember Karen?"

"The red haired girl who fought with Rory?" You check.

"Aye, that dame." Finan says. "She's that man's one weakness, I think. If we could get into the castle, then..."

"So you were looking for a way to...?" You jump to attention, finding an idea in Finan's story. He nods. You respond urgently. "Go to Garth. He can show you a way. Go to him with Bernard, he can help you break out if you find trouble."

"So the pieces are falling into place, eh?" Finan smiles devilishly. "I can get the kid now. We will not come back empty handed... We will have a fine ransom on our hands with the children of the most important men in Luhnag!" Fallen into place... Like a puzzle, solved.

"Bernard won't recognize Karen." You realize. "Give him special orders to scout enemy numbers and positions." Finan gives a gesture of approval and walks out of the tent. This will be the first important mission you wait out of, but to send more inside would only cause trouble. You pray that Finan and Bernard return safely.

...

It is late evening. The orange sky is serene and calm, unlike your thoughts. When will Finan and Bernard return? Are they caught, surrendering your location to a torture master as you sit and do nothing? You must give them time. Time is all you have.

"You seem tense, master." Ishtar says suddenly, you hadn't noticed her presence.

"Prideri." You correct her.

"My apologies." Ishtar says. "Master is what I have always called the leader of our pack."

"Don't worry about it." You say dismissively. "I'm just not used to it. If you don't mind using a human title, I have grown accustomed to 'commander'..."

"Yes... Commander." Ishtar stumbles at the word commander, almost calling you master again. "What is... What's on your mind?" Ishtar adapts to your accent quickly.

"I sent someone on a special mission." You confess. "They haven't returned and I fear they have met trouble."

"Shall I look for them, mas-" She says master again. You wonder if either of you will ever get used to it. "...I mean, commander?"

"No." You say, shaking your head. "If they have met trouble, I can't send you in to suffer the same fate."

"...Thank you." She says, bowing and taking her leave. You continue tapping your pen rhythmically against the table. One more hour. You decide. One more hour and if Bernard and Finan don't return, the siege of Fort Hibernia will begin.

(Cont.)
Official Naga Raja of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Board
Official King Marth of the Fire Emblem: Awakening Board

User Info: Cheesepower5

Cheesepower5
4 years ago#470
It has been fourty five minutes now since Ishtar left you alone. Another member of your group approaches. It's Magnes, Galahan's knight.

"Commander, Erin and I have spotted people coming out of the ruin." Magnes stands at attention. This is the first time you've spoken to him, but he comports himself like any soldier would.

"How many?" You ask.

"Four." He says. That doesn't sound right... It should be three. Magnes continues. "There are four, and one of them seems to be held hostage."

"We will ride out to meet them." You order. "Prepare me a horse."

Magnes nods. "Right away."

You are soon saddled to a horse. Emily's horse, in fact, a simple but reliable chestnut coloured beast that has seen as much dedication and training as its former master. You, Garth and Magnes ride out to meet the returning party. As you draw near you find, to your relied, that it's Bernard and Finan. Finan carries the familiar red-head bound and gagged, slung over his shoulder. Bernard carries a fairly sizeable sack of goods. The one you don't recognize is a fairly attractive young woman covered head to toe in white, with white armour that accentuates her hips... Wait, you do recognize her. That's Galahan's assistant. Sarah? Sally? Siren?

"Glad to see you in one piece, Seren!" Magnes yells, casting a friendly smile at the girl who you hope to remember is... Merin? Severa? This might be difficult.

"We've got booty!" Bernard yells, prompting Karen to kick him with her bound legs. "Ow! I meant the treasure, you cow!" She kicks him again. Finan doesn't seem to be trying to stop her.

"Why did you go with them?" You ask... The lady in white.

"Lord Galahan ordered me to keep an eye on Finan." She smirks. "He was perfect, but Lord Galahan didn't trust his slight Southern accent."

"We probably wouldn't have made it without you." Bernard says. "...Seren!" It seems like Bernard has trouble remembering her name too.

"I'm good at not being noticed." Seren says, smiling wryly.

Finan sets Karen onto the ground gently. She struggles a little bit once let go, but decides to save her energy. Finan takes the cloth from her mouth, letting her speak.

"Unhand me, you craven bastards!" She yells furiously without a moment's hesitation. "Do you know who I am!?"

"No, we just kidnapped a random girl in a highly dangerous espionage mission." Bernard says erroneously. "It's just something we do for fun, y'know?"

"Well I'm the daughter of sir Joachim, head of the Remani knights and ambassador to the Luhnag!" She yells with an air of self importance. "I will have you killed for this, mark my words!"

You kneel next to Karen. "Remember me?" You ask cheekily.

"You!" She roars. "Now this makes sense. First you kidnap commander Rory, then you use me as bait for my father! You truly are the lowest of the low."

"Whatever works." You smile genuinely, standing up and embracing Bernard and Finan. "I was worried you two wouldn't make it. You'll have to tell me everything."

"There's a lot to tell!" Bernard says excitedly, showing off his sack of goods.

---

Upon entering the abandoned tunnel, Bernard and Finan found it still operational. Making their way to the fort, they crept like shadows around the place, marking every nook and cranny in their minds. Eventually they found a treasure room, where they pilfered various seals and crests. They barely made it out with Karen, but Seren found them and caused a distraction, somehow getting out herself. You have some time to prepare.
---
Official Naga Raja of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Board
Official King Marth of the Fire Emblem: Awakening Board
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. CYOA: Age of the Sun

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

  • Topic Archived