Lissa vs Maribelle and Kjelle father asset question

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Lissa vs Maribelle and Kjelle father asset question

User Info: SlashReturns

SlashReturns
3 years ago#1
So I'm torn on which to marry in my Magic run(I normally don't play Magic Asset characters), Asset Magic, Flaw Strength.

And for Kjelle, I plan to marry Sully on my Lunatic physical run(I love Kjelle and Sully is pretty cool too) but I don't know what the best Asset for her would be, Defense or Strength?

Also as a Side note I plan to use +Spd/-Mag for my Lunatic Cordelia run :3
I am Inigo. Ladies, smile you are all beautiful!/Official Husbando of Nah<3
http://botc.forumotion.com/forum

User Info: Devil_Killer_JC

Devil_Killer_JC
3 years ago#2
Kjelle is actually a SKL/SPD based character, believe it or not (it's Sully's stat mods kicking in there). +STR, +SPD are both good assets for MUxSully. +STR is probably better, since Kjelle is getting a decent SPD mod from Sully anyways, and she could use the extra STR.

As for Lissa vs Maribelle, neither. +MAG MaMU is best with Tharja for a better Noire. Lissa and Maribelle both have good options to pass down to their kids (Tomeflare, Galeforce, renewal, to name a few skills), where Tharja doesn't have much in the way of good skills for Norie (basically, just Luna, DG+, Vengance, Lifetaker, Pavise and tomebreaker).

If it MUST be Lissa or Maribelle, then Lissa is better. She offers the same MAG mod (+7 with MAG asset), but doesn't totally kill your DEF stat either.
PSN: Devil_Killer_JCS
biohazardmercenaries.com

User Info: IlluminaZer0

IlluminaZer0
3 years ago#3
Devil_Killer_JC posted...
Kjelle is actually a SKL/SPD based character, believe it or not (it's Sully's stat mods kicking in there). +STR, +SPD are both good assets for MUxSully. +STR is probably better, since Kjelle is getting a decent SPD mod from Sully anyways, and she could use the extra STR.

As for Lissa vs Maribelle, neither. +MAG MaMU is best with Tharja for a better Noire. Lissa and Maribelle both have good options to pass down to their kids (Tomeflare, Galeforce, renewal, to name a few skills), where Tharja doesn't have much in the way of good skills for Norie (basically, just Luna, DG+, Vengance, Lifetaker, Pavise and tomebreaker).

If it MUST be Lissa or Maribelle, then Lissa is better. She offers the same MAG mod (+7 with MAG asset), but doesn't totally kill your DEF stat either.

+1 magic isn't going to make or break MU's kids. Maribelle's defense modifier is pretty extreme (-3!) but they are neutral in the real killer stat: That being speed.

Min-Maxing isn't needed anyways, even in Lunatic.

Characters with high defense are pretty common in FE13. If you want to try something complimentary to Lissa/Maribelle and unique to your team, +RES should be interesting. It makes your MU's RES grow at a strong rate (meaning all of your stats will grow pretty well), and it will give you a unit (and child) that can essentially plow through magic users with impunity even without grinding.

+RES is my favorite asset to pick, the +SPD bonus helps things as well.
Official claimant of Mem Aleph for the theoretic cause of promoting Shin Megami Tensei IV of the 3DS.

User Info: Devil_Killer_JC

Devil_Killer_JC
3 years ago#4
IlluminaZer0 posted...

+1 magic isn't going to make or break MU's kids. Maribelle's defense modifier is pretty extreme (-3!) but they are neutral in the real killer stat: That being speed.

I wasn't going by the +1 MAG that MaMUxTharja has over Lissa/Maribelle (like you said, +1 MAG is meh), I was going by skills. Lissa and Maribelle pass some good options down to their kids, where Tharja doesn't have as many options.
PSN: Devil_Killer_JCS
biohazardmercenaries.com

User Info: IlluminaZer0

IlluminaZer0
3 years ago#5
Devil_Killer_JC posted...
I wasn't going by the +1 MAG that MaMUxTharja has over Lissa/Maribelle (like you said, +1 MAG is meh), I was going by skills. Lissa and Maribelle pass some good options down to their kids, where Tharja doesn't have as many options.

Ah, I'm tired and didn't notice two things:

1) OP has emphasis on "Magic run" and not "marry Lissa/Maribelle" run.
2) That you put far larger emphasis on skills and not caps.

If OP wants to just min-max children then your suggestion is indeed good. If OP is insistent on min-maxing with Maribelle/Lissa as his MU's waifu however, he can give Noire a more optimal skillset through marriage with Donnel/Gaius.
Official claimant of Mem Aleph for the theoretic cause of promoting Shin Megami Tensei IV of the 3DS.

User Info: SlashReturns

SlashReturns
3 years ago#6
Yea I would marry Tharja but I hate the way she is with Noire, so that's a big no no. And yes I am insistent on Lissa or Maribelle :P

And Strength for Kjelle it is! I just could never marry second gen, too weird. Plus I like breaking 2 kids instead of a god-like single kid.
I am Inigo. Ladies, smile you are all beautiful!/Official Husbando of Nah<3
http://botc.forumotion.com/forum
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Lissa vs Maribelle and Kjelle father asset question

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived