CYOA: Out of Darkness IV

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. CYOA: Out of Darkness IV

User Info: Osranger

Osranger
4 years ago#191
You fly over to some nearby Altnoirian wyvern riders. "There are spies located inside the city, I have strong evidence suggesting that the Highlord is in danger. I need you four to warn those defending the walls to be ready for anything. This isn't over yet."

"Yes sir." They all say in unison, before the most senior of the four delegates responsibilities to them all.

You fly back over to where Matthew stands, color has fully returned to his cheeks and the wound from the dagger seems to have closed. He walks to the edge of the roof, and begins to hail you. Without slowing down, you lift him up off of the roof in a claw and begin to fly north.

As you fly, a thought suddenly occurs to you and you begin to question Matthew about what happened inside the shop. He relates what happens and the pieces begin to fall into place. The guards were Anna's of course, which meant that she was involved with it in some way. Matthew also clarifies that Zenia is not the woman which you met at the gate. Suddenly it occurs to you that the numbers don't add up. You clearly remember ten guards, yet Matthew said that he fought only five. What happened to the other guards?

"Those who couldn't pose as guards had to hide in the caravans. There are many more spies than we thought. With at least seven spies, they can't all be targeting the Highlord, it would be unnecessary and more likely to fail."

Another target occurs to you. Drake, the second most powerful man in Elina, he who actually runs the city, is a perfect target. Why not take out both of them in one move? It would temporarily leave Elina in chaos! You are nearing High Elina now, with two options set before you. Both men have skeleton crews of guards, the best of the best, you are sure, but against armed assassins when they aren't even aware of the threat, neither of them stand a chance without you.

You fly over upper Elina and hover there. You do not have much time, but a decision must be made. You can probably only protect one of them, who should you save?

A. The Highlord
B. Drake

------
If you want clarification on what this decision entails, ask.
The surest way not to lose is to not play, but where's the fun in that?

User Info: C_D_M

C_D_M
4 years ago#192
The king eats the feast, the hand has a dragon come save him.

B.

User Info: tman1400

tman1400
4 years ago#193
B for believing in hope.
gc ign-T.sage
fantasica ID:78080895

Osranger
4 years ago#194
Bump for climactic decisions!

User Info: Neosephiroth666

Neosephiroth666
4 years ago#195
Drake is Eleanor's father right? If the Highlord kicks the bucket, Drake can assume the Throne and we can keep Eleanor. But if Drake dies... I vote B.

Also, I assume we're sacrificing the Highlord, a no name NPC we haven't met to my knowledge. This is okay with me, as long as we don't lose any valuable PCs for doing so.(See last post for MVP PCs)
Every man alive wants to be Adol Christian. Why? He has more women than Bond, can go wherever he damn well pleases, and gods **** their pants when he speaks.

Osranger
4 years ago#196
Hm... It seems you don't know who the Highlord is. Also, the reason you only know him as the Highlord is because he is an icon. He simply is the Highlord. He has no actual name. EVERYONE calls him that. He makes sure that the wyverns in the mountain are happy and he helps those who are injured. He is also an icon to the people. He also protects the Horn of Elina with his life.

Drake is The Lord of Elina. He is in charge of running Elina. He also oversees the training of wyvern troops and indirectly over the Sniper guild via Morse RIP. He is also in charge of trade and commerce. He was a good strategist in his day, but he is far past his prime, stubborn, and set in his ways so he has lost his talent.

There you have it.

User Info: Neosephiroth666

Neosephiroth666
4 years ago#197
Osranger posted...
Hm... It seems you don't know who the Highlord is. Also, the reason you only know him as the Highlord is because he is an icon. He simply is the Highlord. He has no actual name. EVERYONE calls him that. He makes sure that the wyverns in the mountain are happy and he helps those who are injured. He is also an icon to the people. He also protects the Horn of Elina with his life.

Drake is The Lord of Elina. He is in charge of running Elina. He also oversees the training of wyvern troops and indirectly over the Sniper guild via Morse RIP. He is also in charge of trade and commerce. He was a good strategist in his day, but he is far past his prime, stubborn, and set in his ways so he has lost his talent.

There you have it.

So if we don't save the Highlord, the Horn gets destroyed, and we lose?

........ So in other words, your forcing us to abandon the notion of keeping Eleanor, basically. Why not just tell us keeping Eleanor is impossible and leave it at that? Instead you get our hopes up with a choice that makes us believe we still have a chance at keeping Eleanor. I don't believe your 15 for a second. Your well too versed in the art of emotional cruelty.

Or if Drake dies... Couldn't the Highlord just assume the extra responsibility so Eleanor can come with us? I mean, he is the ruler after all. If this scenario is possible, or choosing B makes us lose, then change my vote to A.
Every man alive wants to be Adol Christian. Why? He has more women than Bond, can go wherever he damn well pleases, and gods **** their pants when he speaks.

Osranger
4 years ago#198
Neosephiroth666 posted...
Osranger posted...

There you have it.

So if we don't save the Highlord, the Horn gets destroyed, and we lose?

........ So in other words, your forcing us to abandon the notion of keeping Eleanor, basically. Why not just tell us keeping Eleanor is impossible and leave it at that? Instead you get our hopes up with a choice that makes us believe we still have a chance at keeping Eleanor. I don't believe your 15 for a second. Your well too versed in the art of emotional cruelty.

Or if Drake dies... Couldn't the Highlord just assume the extra responsibility so Eleanor can come with us? I mean, he is the ruler after all. If this scenario is possible, or choosing B makes us lose, then change my vote to A.

If Elina does fall, you don't lose. The story keeps going. Same rules for Qurain falling apply to Elina. You get no reinforcement troops from Elina and all troops in lower Elina and Elinian air space that are not Elinian must roll to live.

User Info: LanceGT0

LanceGT0
4 years ago#199
I pick A, perharps one day we may restore what we had failed to save.
GMT: +7

Osranger
4 years ago#200
LanceGT0 posted...
I pick A, perharps one day we may restore what we had failed to save.

What? I don't understand what you are saying.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. CYOA: Out of Darkness IV

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived