It seriously bothers me that Chrom's official art looks nothing like him.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. It seriously bothers me that Chrom's official art looks nothing like him.

User Info: NEW-WAYS-2-DIE

NEW-WAYS-2-DIE
3 years ago#1
The picture where he's holding the sword? That's not Chrom! It's just some dude wearing his clothes.

A few other official arts have this problem.
Every dweeb has his day!
http://i.imgur.com/k7l9C6t.jpg

User Info: Ownagepuffs

Ownagepuffs
3 years ago#2
The actual art is better than the in game art. Especially Priam. Priam looks like a badass in his official art but looks like a homeless man in his in game art.
".....It's fine, Mr. Wright... Even a bluff would suit me just fine... As long as you can... ..clear up this doubt inside me!"
-Apollo Justice

NEW-WAYS-2-DIE
3 years ago#3
I disagree in the case of Chrom, at least. I think in-game he looks much better.

I do agree that Priam looks cooler in his official art... despite that ridiculous thing on his arm. He also seems a lot more friendly. O_o
Every dweeb has his day!

User Info: YayorNay

YayorNay
3 years ago#4
I think a lot of official art look different then the in-game character. Look at Tharja, in her official art she's striking a suggestive pose (and actually doesn't look half-bad to be honest). However, in-game she doesn't look so nice or hot.
Official Husband of Lucina

User Info: Ownagepuffs

Ownagepuffs
3 years ago#5
NEW-WAYS-2-DIE posted...
I disagree in the case of Chrom, at least. I think in-game he looks much better.

I do agree that Priam looks cooler in his official art... despite that ridiculous thing on his arm. He also seems a lot more friendly. O_o

Yep, official art Priam seems like an entirely different character.
".....It's fine, Mr. Wright... Even a bluff would suit me just fine... As long as you can... ..clear up this doubt inside me!"
-Apollo Justice

NEW-WAYS-2-DIE
3 years ago#6
YayorNay posted...
I think a lot of official art look different then the in-game character. Look at Tharja, in her official art she's striking a suggestive pose (and actually doesn't look half-bad to be honest). However, in-game she doesn't look so nice or hot.

To be fair, in-game she's holding a book over her chest :P

But yeah, that official art pose does seem weird for her personality
Every dweeb has his day!

User Info: A_friendly_boot

A_friendly_boot
3 years ago#7
Emmeryns in-game art is a step up from her official art. Her nose, it's just...*shudders*

I agree about Priam and Chrom, they look nothing like that. Except Chrom's still easy on the eyes in-game but Priam is..uh, not. To be honest though, Priam has ALOT going on with his outfit and I wish they'd gone with a simpler design.
To me it just looks like the designer's couldn't decide what to make him wear, so they were just like: "Screw it, let's just put everything.”

User Info: almostexactly

almostexactly
3 years ago#8
Olivia's official art doesn't reflect her character either.
... At least, the one we see in supports.

User Info: YayorNay

YayorNay
3 years ago#9
NEW-WAYS-2-DIE posted...
YayorNay posted...

To be fair, in-game she's holding a book over her chest :P

But yeah, that official art pose does seem weird for her personality

Nah, that's not what I mean. I just don't like how she looks in-game, her face just looks terrible. In her confession scene, and her official art she actually looks quite good though.
Official Husband of Lucina

User Info: SpellcraftQuill

SpellcraftQuill
3 years ago#10
Yarne looks younger in his official art to me.
Burroughs: Scanning...Excuses, unjustified resentment, self-justification, a rash desire to negate oneself...I don't see any good reason to join their cause.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. It seriously bothers me that Chrom's official art looks nothing like him.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived