CYOA: Endgame's Magical Awakening Adventure! 18 (Possible spoilers for all FEs!)

• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. CYOA: Endgame's Magical Awakening Adventure! 18 (Possible spoilers for all FEs!)

User Info: Code-Name_X

Code-Name_X
3 months ago#241
C and D, axe beats lance.

User Info: Toupswarrior

Toupswarrior
3 months ago#242
Code-Name_X posted...
C and D, axe beats lance.
I'm waiting for a sequel to FF8 where Squall can ditch Rinoa.

User Info: emagdnE

emagdnE
3 months ago#243
Endgame put away Valflame and pulled out his Iron Axe. "I can't rule out the possibility that he is more vulnerable to weapons than magic without trying it, now can I?"

Endgame slipped beneath Kormath and slashed at his legs. But he could not tell if he was breaking Kormath's skin.

"Grr..."

Kormath tried to stomp Endgame as Fala attacked with Valflame.

Kormath shifted focus to Fala and tried to attack her.

Endgame got behind Kormath and looked at his tail. Just as their lower bodies suggest, Kashnarn have the tails of a bovine.

"Alright you bastard. Your legs might be muscular enough that they're practically armor plated, but let's find out how strong your tail is!"

Endgame leapt and grabbed onto Kormath's tail and started hacking away. Kormath's tail was cut off.

"Ha!"

Kormath continued to attack Fala.

"Grr..." Endgame jumped and struck Kormath's side. Endgame's axe broke.

"Gods damn it! And Owain assured me Nohrian axes don't break. Quality craftsmanship... ha. Well, there's another plan we can go with..."

Endgame quickly rummaged through his belongings and pulled out the Sleep staff. "I hope you know what you're doing Fala."

Endgame rushed towards Fala.

Fala took notice and flew towards Endgame. "It's about time!"

Endgame tossed the staff to Fala.

Fala grabbed it and twirled the staff around. She held it up and it transformed into a new staff. It had a heart shaped gem at the top.

"What in the world?!"

Fala used the staff. A pink heart shaped light enveloped a nearby Kashnarn. After the light subsided, the Kashnarn charged and struck Kormath from behind with his axe.

Kormath roared and turned around. "What is the meaning of this?!"

"Fala? Can do this with any staff?" Asked Endgame.

"Just Silence, Sleep, and Berserk." Replied Fala.

"But isn't this basically the same thing as a Berserk staff?"

"No dummy! Berserk staves make their victim attack anyone! The Charm staff turns enemies into allies!"

"So you brainwashed him..."

"'Brainwash' is such an ugly word... no. I purified his wicked heart!"

"Yeah, sure. So why didn't you use it on Kormath instead?"

"It wouldn't work on him. It never works on the leaders."

"Oh..."

"Enough questions! We must assist our new ally before he gets killed!"

"A Kashnarn would be a nice thing to have on our side..."

Endgame looked at the wound the other Kashnarn inflicted upon Kormath.

"So, wait. Is Kormath more vulnerable to weapons than magic? Or was my axe too small and feeble compared to that of a Kashnarn? Did that hurt him more than Valflame?! Argh!"

If nothing else, Endgame felt more proficient at wielding an axe.

What does Endgame do?

A. Let Kormath divert his attention to the charmed Kashnarn and use this opportunity to blast the hell out of him.
B. If the Kashnarn survives the fight he'll be our friend! Or... Fala's slave. Whatever. Make sure he gets healed.
C. Endgame's weapon rank went up you say? Get him a Steel Axe and go to town on that fresh wound.
D. Is everyone else okay?! Check on Severa, Inigo, and Owain!
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus

User Info: Code-Name_X

Code-Name_X
3 months ago#244
D and C, we need to make sure everyone is fine, and attack the wound.

User Info: DoctorKrieger

DoctorKrieger
3 months ago#245
Code-Name_X posted...
"Is it murder if they were my own clones? Because I'm seriously asking."
http://tinyurl.com/zh3ruhb

User Info: Vinny_Valens

Vinny_Valens
3 months ago#246
DoctorKrieger posted...
Code-Name_X posted...
"Hello there. Listen...who are you again? I apologize for my poor memory. But it's just so hard to remember things I don't care about."_Byakuya Togami

User Info: Toupswarrior

Toupswarrior
3 months ago#247
Vinny_Valens posted...
DoctorKrieger posted...
Code-Name_X posted...
I'm waiting for a sequel to FF8 where Squall can ditch Rinoa.

User Info: Da-Big-Boss

Da-Big-Boss
3 months ago#248
Toupswarrior posted...
Vinny_Valens posted...
DoctorKrieger posted...
Code-Name_X posted...

emagdnE
3 months ago#249
Good news everyone! (Or bad news. Maybe.) I've started a second CYOA!

Faye's Magical Valentia Adventure!

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/204443-fire-emblem-echoes-shadows-of-valentia/75695601

Oh but don't worry. This one takes priority.

"I haven't seen the others in a while." Endgame thought to himself. "I've left them without a healer... oh no! Severa!"

Endgame rushed off to look for Severa.

"Wait, no. I can't be like this. Inigo and Owain could be in trouble too! Oh, and those Macedon guys."

Endgame looked around the battlefield. There was a decent number of Kashnarn corpses and broken slayer droids. Most fatal wounds were found in the head. Some of the corpses were missing heads.

"It doesn't look like we're losing."

Endgame found Owain facing down two Kashnarn. One with an axe and another with a sword.

"TWILIGHT SLASH!" Shouted Owain as he spun and slashed front legs of both Kashnarn clean off, leaving a trail of green energy. Both Kashnarn were struggling to adjust to missing a front leg. Owain stabbed into one and climbed up onto its back and started draining it. The other Kashnarn awkwardly turned to face Owain and prepared to attack him. Endgame cast Valflame on the Kashnarn. Killing it.

"Endgame! Has Kormath been slain by your hand?" Asked Owain as the Kashnarn he was standing on slumped over.

"No. Not yet. I just realized there's no one healing you guys. And... I'm worried about Severa. She doesn't have a divine weapon like the rest of us."

"What? Daelkesh instantly causes its prey to explode in argent flames! Surely Severa is the greatest threat to these saber-toothed fiends!"

"Daelkesh is a great sword for finishing off those already bleeding, but it's nothing compared to Mystletainn and Balmung."

"Well... you're right. We better find her."

A Kashnarn with a lance charged towards Endgame. A missile struck its head from behind and exploded.

"BOOM! HEADSHOT!" Yelled Kriliax.

"Does he really have to do that every time?" Asked Owain.

"Announcing oneself to the enemy like that isn't wise... but he'll be fine, I'm sure." Replied Endgame.

Endgame moved through the battlefield.

"Wait. While we're looking for Severa, who is watching Fala?"

"It's fine. She used a Charm staff to brainwash a Kashnarn into attacking Kormath."

"She did what now?"

"I gave her a Sleep staff and it transformed into this heart staff. You've never seen her do it before?"

"No."

"Huh..."

"I see Severa!"

"Where?!"

Owain pointed to Severa. She was grasping her arm and bleeding.

"Oh no! She's hurt! I'M COMING SWEETIE!"

A Kashnarn charged at Severa. But Severa ran between its legs and then jumped and grabbed onto its tail, climbed onto its back, then stabbed it in the back of its upper body. After pushing for a bit, she drove Daelkesh deep enough into the Kashnarn to ignite enough of its bloodstream and caused the Kashnarn to spew flames from its mouth and fall over.

Endgame ran over. "SEVERA! ARE YOU ALRIGHT?!"

"Oh this? It's just a flesh wound." Replied Severa. "It'll take a lot more than this to take me down."

Endgame hastily healed Severa.

"You should be more worried about Owain. He could let his new powers go to his head and-"

"I think not!" Shouted Owain.

"Never mind."

"So, did you know that Fala can turn Sleep staves into Charm staves?"
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus

emagdnE
3 months ago#250
"Yes. They never worked on Risen so they were useless though."

"I guess I can see that. So now we just need to check on Inigo. I mean, he probably hasn't gotten hit. But one can never be too sure out here!"

Endgame watched as Kormath pierced the charmed Kashnarn with his lance. Killing him.

"Damn! Kormath is going to be after Fala next! Hurry!"

Endgame searched the battlefield for Inigo.

A slayer droid continuously fired at the face of a Kashnarn before getting sliced in half.

"Where is he?!"

"I don't see him anywhere. I'm sure he's fine though."

Endgame watched a wyvern lord fly overhead.

"Hmm... HEY! SON OF MACEDON!"

The wyvern lord turned around and descended. "Me?"

"Have you seen Inigo, and do you have a Steel Axe?"

"Uhh, yeah. Sure." The wyvern lord tossed a Steel Axe to Endgame. "He's on the other side."

"Thank you."

"Why do you need a Steel Axe? You have Valflame!" Said Owain.

"I'm not sure if it's doing anything to Kormath."

"Surely it is. No force in this world can withstand Valflame's sacred fires!"

"Well, I want to make absolutely sure."

"You don't really think these guys have a high tolerance for magic, do you?"

"They probably just have a high tolerance for everything. I have to push Daelkesh in pretty deep before they start dying..." Said Severa.

"Let's just make sure Inigo is still alive." Replied Endgame.

The three fought their way through Kashnarn to try to reach Inigo.

Another missile blew off the head of a Kashnarn.

Kormath came charging through, chasing after Fala.

"Gods damn it!"

"She can just fly higher. She'll be fine."

The three reached the other side. Inigo was nowhere to be found.

"Uhh..."

"Well, we don't see him as a corpse. That's a good sign. Right?"

"Mayhap his Balmung enhanced speed is so great he moved across the battlefield and arrived at a completely new position in the time it took us to get here." Said Owain.

"Yeah, probably. Well if he's still alive..."

"Looking for someone?"

Endgame turned around. There was Inigo. Covered in blood.

"OH GODS!"

"Ha ha ha! Fear not, it's just Kashnarn blood! Killing these things is a lot messier than our usual foes."

"No kidding..."

"You were worried about me? Was this concern brought about by sweet Severa?"

"No. It was me."

"Oh..."

"As if! But hey, you know who might appreciate some help right now? Fala. Last we saw her Kormath was charging after her." Said Severa.

"Right! I'm going after him!"

"I think we've killed enough of the other Kashnarn that we can help you with Kormath now."

"Very well."

Endgame looked around and found Kormath.

"There!"

Endgame ran towards Kormath. He was intercepted by three Kashnarn. He cast Valflame and the other three took advantage of the cover of the explosion to strike at them.

Inigo seemed to wobble.

"What?"

The four resumed their course to Kormath.

"What's wrong Kormath? Haven't you ever fought a flying opponent before? Ha ha!" Taunted Fala.

"You cannot fly forever little pinkskin. Eventually your strength will fade and you will fall to the ground." Replied Kormath.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. CYOA: Endgame's Magical Awakening Adventure! 18 (Possible spoilers for all FEs!)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Closed