CYOA: Endgame's Magical Awakening Adventure! 18 (Possible spoilers for all FEs!)

• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. CYOA: Endgame's Magical Awakening Adventure! 18 (Possible spoilers for all FEs!)

User Info: EnzoTron

EnzoTron
3 weeks ago#481
Anonymously posted...
I forgot about the slap nylon option. Can we pleassseeeeee check up on our little buddy and Nylon?

No, we can't let Robin know we're alive and not marry Chrom, if that happens we can't bring back Endgame X Nylon

User Info: Anonymously

Anonymously
3 weeks ago#482
EnzoTron posted...
Anonymously posted...
I forgot about the slap nylon option. Can we pleassseeeeee check up on our little buddy and Nylon?

No, we can't let Robin know we're alive and not marry Chrom, if that happens we can't bring back Endgame X Nylon

I don't mean endgame goes back. I mean a side series like he did before.
Official Latias of the Ultra Sun board.

User Info: EnzoTron

EnzoTron
3 weeks ago#483
Anonymously posted...

Oh, yea we should do that, and make it so Nylon and Xylon try to ruin Endgame x Robin so Endgame x Nylon can be canon

User Info: Mozilla

Mozilla
3 weeks ago#484
Code-Name_X posted...
EnzoTron posted...
C
B if it fails

But MAKE SURE Owain, several and Indigo stay with Fala AT ALL TIMES. If the stay with Endy, or even go alone, author!Endgame will be sure to get them killed/injured to make Fala look better.
Stop telling me to upgrade to chrome. It's not funny.
Lookin' at you, Cherry.

User Info: Phoenices

Phoenices
2 weeks ago#485
marthsheretoo posted...
A. Let's be boring for once.

User Info: TalynFlaym

TalynFlaym
2 weeks ago#486
thEnzoTron posted...
Anonymously posted...

Oh, yea we should do that, and make it so Nylon and Xylon try to ruin Endgame x Robin so Endgame x Nylon can be canon

this would be wonderful
"Passive mediator is your role in this relationship. My role is dick punching arsonist."

User Info: Endgame

Endgame
2 weeks ago#487
"Go on without us. We'll take care of the walruses here." Endgame said.

"Understood." The mechanodragon flew away.

"Seriously?!" Shouted Severa.

"Shh. Let them think we've fled. Then we're going to kill them quietly. And when that rescue ship comes, we'll destroy it too." Replied Endgame.

"Quietly? You mean no Valflame even though it's the most effective way of killing them?" Asked Fala.

"Well gee Fala, how many walruses do you think we can handle at once in a ship full of narrow hallways and places where we can easily be trapped? If we want to kill the walruses here and this 'rescue team', we have to be careful."

"No! You made us use the dark arts for a shortcut to getting stronger. It's more efficient for us to just destroy them with Valflame!"

"I don't know if we can survive a direct hit from those cannons of theirs, but let's never find out. Okay?"

"This is a mistake..." Lamented Severa. "You know Fala doesn't understand subtlety. And if not her, Owain will shout one of his 'special attack' names for all the walruses to hear."

"I could just whisper them you know." Said Owain.

"Or if one of us doesn't stab properly, a walrus could scream... gawds! Let's just get out of here!"

"I understand there are risks involved, but let me put forth the question: what else are we supposed to do for the next few hours?" Asked Endgame.

"Make sure the children you've dragged out to this battlefield are okay, maybe?" Replied Fala.

"It's fine. Betty is with them."

"Snuggle with Bradley?"

"Oh yeah. I can't believe I forgot you dragged him here..."

"Snuggle with otters?" Asked Severa. "I-I mean, if you're into that kind of thing. I'm not..."

"That sounds nice... but maybe later."

"Oh stop it Severa. You're not fooling anyone." Said Fala. "Besides, otters are just sea weasels. Who wants to cuddle a weasel?!"

"Ferrets are a type of weasel and... oh hell, can we stop arguing and just kill walruses already?"

"If we must."

"Alright. Fala, you're with me."

Fala sighed. "What am I being punished for this time?"

"Punished? Well if you want to be like that... you've done a lot of bad things. Pick one."

Endgame walked out into the hallway and walked up against the wall. He looked around the corner. He saw two walruses.

Endgame turned around. Fala was standing there. Not even bothering to try to hide.

"Okay, I'll grab one, use him to knock down the other, and then you drain the one I'm holding onto."

"Again with the quintessence..."

"Are you good enough with a sword to stab them right in the eye and into their brain?"

"No."

"Well then, this is the cleanest method available to you and I. And it makes us stronger. What's not to love?"

"The part where it's evil?"

"I'm going."

Endgame ran up to one of the walruses, grabbed it, and swung it at the other walrus. Knocking it down.

Fala sighed and walked over. She drained the quintessence from the walrus Endgame pinned down on top of the other. Endgame grabbed on to and drained the other walrus.

"Fala, no magic is inherently evil. Only the people who use them for evil goals."

"Yeah, sure."

"I mean, you have those mind control staves-"

"Ah ah! Heart purification staves."

"Well... they're similar to what Sumia did to our friends, yes?"
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert

Endgame
2 weeks ago#488
Endgame peered around the next corner. The hallway was empty.

"That's different. I'm turning bad guys into good guys!"

"And draining the bad guys' quintessence makes us stronger whereas killing them with traditional means just extinguishes their life force forever."

"Valkyrie Staff."

"Well... we're not using that to bring them back, now are we?"

Endgame moved through the next hallway. Around the corner were three walruses.

"You just don't get it..."

"Okay, three of them this time... same plan as last time, but after you drain your target I need you to grab the third walrus so he can't do anything."

"Sure."

Once again, Endgame ran up to a walrus, swung it around, then pinned it on top of another walrus to restrain it. Fala drained the walrus Endgame held on to then quickly grabbed onto the third walrus. Endgame drained the two walruses.

"What is it that I don't get?"

"It's like this... boys have all kinds of heroes to look up to. Marth, Alm, Roy, Ike... but girls don't have any real role models!"

"What the hell are you talking about?! There's Caeda and Tiki who are still alive, Minerva and her elite guards. The... White Knights? And there's Celica... and, uhh..."

"Caeda? Only known for being Marth's wife. Oh, and she got captured and turned into her pegasus. Tiki? She's a dragon. Girls can't relate to that! Minerva needed Marth's help because her own kingdom turned on her. And did you pay attention to Celica's story at all?!"

"Well... she has one of the most deadly tomes named after her."

"She got captured and Alm had to save her! Gods, it's like you only ever cared about Archanea, Jugdral, and Elibe."

"I don't get what you're trying to say. Besides, our army is full of good role models. Like, oh, your mother."

"Ha ha ha... no. Oh no. No no no. The women in our army are not good role models at all. Lucina tries too hard to be just like her father. Cynthia was an evil cultist. Flavia and Marianne act too masculine. Mary and Mother are too stupidly perfect for anyone to ever relate to!"

"Uhh... what? Isn't that exactly the kind of person that makes an ideal role model?"

"Girls need a heroine that they can connect with! One that teaches them that no matter their upbringing, be it from a worthless father or a glory hogging mother whogavemetaintedblood, that anyone can rise up and be a true hero! And I am that heroine!"

Endgame tried his best to hold in his laughter.

"And when you force me to steal quintessence, you take that away from me! What message does that send? 'You can be a hero too, just do what the bad guys do'? You think anyone can just learn how to steal the souls of others? And having me lift walruses? That makes me look too masculine!"

"Yes Fala. If Vaike can learn it, literally anyone can. I mean... seriously? Draining quintessence is the only thing you can do that anyone can! Not anyone can get dragon blood. Not anyone can get a divine tome."

"You did it, didn't you?"

"Well... I did it first so no one else could. And not anyone can get a magic brooch that lets them fly. Oh Fala. Fala, Fala, Fala. You truly are a privileged child. You keep calling us terrible parents, but don't you see how well off we set you up?"

"Grr..." Fala's face turned red.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert

Endgame
2 weeks ago#489
"Not only did we get you the dragon blood and magical artifacts, but surely our future selves taught you most of what you know as well. So what kind of message would your story send to the girls out there? That anyone can rise above... being born into wealth? I don't know Flavia's story, but I do think it would-"

"Are we here to kill walruses or what?!"

"Right."

Endgame kept moving through the hallways, with Fala following behind him.

Endgame and Fala continued to kill the walruses they came across. The groups never got bigger than 4.

Endgame turned to Fala and saw that she was still furious.

"Fala... since you've shared your view on the matter, will you listen to mine?"

"You want to be the emperor blah blah blah. I know."

"Have I told you about Reginald, Larry, and Philip?"

"No."

"Well, when I was in the other timeline, after I presented the Book of Loptyr to Abiram... then provoked Walhart into invading Grannvale... I hid in Miletos."

"You did what now?"

"There I met three men. Men who have been wronged by Grannvale. Oh, and one of them was actually Vaike's father. Hell of a coincidence, huh?"

"Is this a made up story?"

"So it was just Xylon, Nylon, Vaike, the Vaike from that timeline, Lon'qu, Reginald, Larry, Philip, and myself. Trying to take advantage of the Valmese invasion to strike at Grannvale with the hopes of getting to Abiram. Walhart had the bigger army, but... he wasn't all that bright and Grannvale has the most well trained military even if not exactly the largest."

"Yeah, I know. Ylisse and Ferox beat Valm but it took longer than it did in this time. Does this story have a point?"

"I'm getting there! Okay. So at Velthomer, I kind of... talked Walhart out of conquest."

"Now I know you're making crap up."

"If I told you about the Walrus King if I discovered him first, would you have believed me?"

"Uhh..."

"But Abiram had to be stopped. So in a last desperate bid... we snuck into Belhalla and tried to assassinate him."

"Okay, now the story is beginning to sound more believable."

"Abiram had guards watching over him as he slept. He kept the Book of Naga cradled in his arms... Larry was killed by one of the guards. Abiram killed Reginald and Philip..."

Fala said nothing.

"I tried to avenge their deaths. Attacking Abiram with the Book of Loptyr... I was barely alive when Xylon and Nylon flew the rest of us out of there. I let them get killed... I could do nothing to avenge them... I was too weak to stand up to Abiram then... I've been haunted by my failure ever since. I've tried to make sure that failure never repeated. That I never let anyone die under my command again. And... we had the encounter with Virion, Garboden, and Mavis... and I'm sure you've heard about the time we discovered Virion was a Cthulhu worshipper. And the battle at Thracia. And you were there when Loptyr killed Gerome..."

Fala stared at Endgame.

"You may call it 'evil', but if I can use it to become stronger, to make sure that I will never lose anyone to Abiram and his ilk ever again... then yes. I'm going to do it. I'm going to make everyone else do it. Especially you. You keep on running off on me. And... nothing scares me more."

"Father... I... I'm sorry."

Endgame froze in shock. "C-come again?!"

"I had no idea... I thought you were just a jerk who wanted an army of super powerful pawns..."

"Ha... if I wanted to go down that route, I would have just created more morphs!"

"But you're just trying to protect everyone... just like me."

Endgame
2 weeks ago#490
"Come on sweetie. We have a walrus empire to dismantle."

"Okay!"

Endgame and Fala proceeded through the halls. Clearing out the few walruses they came across.

...Suddenly, they encountered a group of eight walruses.

"Okay, this might be a bit too much for us to handle..."

"How big do you think the rescue ship is going to be? It probably can't hold all of us..." Said one of the walruses.

"We have to make sure we're the ones that get on that ship. And before they find out Lee is dead and abandon everyone else! Should we kill the others?" Suggested another walrus.

"Now now gentlemen. We can let the humans take care of them for us. We just have to keep others from getting into this ship. Now, I happen to know Lee's access codes and that he didn't deploy ALL of the AM-129s!"

Endgame's face went pale. "W-what?"

"So you're going to cut off our comrades from being able to get into the ship in time? How cruel." Replied another walrus.

"Not only that, but we can trap those humans in here! Their teleportation is magic based!" Suggested the walrus with Lee's access codes.

"Ha ha! I love it!" Shouted one of the other walruses. Endgame lost track of whether or not that one already spoke.

"Okay Dad. We have no choice now. We have to kill these guys NOW and there's only one way to deal with such a group..." Said Fala.

"Err..." Uttered Endgame.

What does Endgame do?

A. Daddy Daughter Valflame Time! Drawing the attention of all the other walruses is a smaller risk than letting that walrus carry out his evil scheme!
B. Oh it's fine. They can just destroy enough AM-129s to teleport again. Keep going as they were.
C. Mind meld with that one walrus. Get Lee's access codes so HE can use them!
D. Find everyone else and retreat. Try to catch the rescue ship from outside.

Can we pleassseeeeee check up on our little buddy and Nylon?

There's an actual narrative reason why I don't want to do that.

That, and I'm trying to get back into updating Faye's Magical Valentia Adventure! more often.

Although I SUPPOSE I might be able to fit a side story within the constraints of what I have planned.....
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. CYOA: Endgame's Magical Awakening Adventure! 18 (Possible spoilers for all FEs!)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Closed