Ugh! I can't beat chapter 14

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Ugh! I can't beat chapter 14

User Info: grape89

grape89
2 months ago#1
I've tried chapter 14 atleast 10 times, and i dont understand why i havent won any of them. Here are the characters i use:

Chrom, LVL 18, Falchion
Robin, LVL 20, Elfthunder
Lissa, LVL 13, Mend
Frederick, LVL 9, Steel sword
Lon'qu, LVL 16, Iron Sword
Panne, LVL 18, Beaststone
Lucina, Parallel Falchion + Rapier, LVL 10
Virion, LVL 12, Steel Bow
Pr. Marth, LVL 15, Iron Sword
Nowi, LVL 12, Dragonstone
Gregor, LVL 14, Iron Sword
Libra, LVL 6, Killer Axe + Ward
Henry, LVL 15, Ruin + Elfire

I'm on the easiest mode with no deaths, so that also makes no sense. I also have Roy, but I'd need to train him, as he's level 5.

Thanks!
I mainly play minecraft, ACNL, and overwatch!
2079-8441-7606 Mayor Henry from N00blet, Grape89 on Xbox Live, and Luminant on Minecraft!

User Info: zhellybelly

zhellybelly
2 months ago#2
Robin. Level 20. Has clearly not been promoted. Get it together, son.
Dragon Age: Inquisition - Take a moment to appreciate the fact that BioWare created a game where gay men can roleplay as either top or bottom.

User Info: Adinseed

Adinseed
2 months ago#3
Chapter 14 is the ship stage right? On this stage, it ends once you get to and beat the boss. You have 3 planks in which enemies can charge. You also have Pegasus reinforcements. The planks on the left and right sides are two tiles wide and the third bottom plank I think was one tile if I remember right. From the looks of it, you have maybe 4 to 5 characters that can take some hits.

You want to block the two tile planks with characters that can take a hit on both planks. Frederick can block one side and Nowi the other. Get another 2 characters you have with the highest defenses and have them be adjacent to Frederick which is one plank and Nowi on the other plank. The bottom plank you may need another character. If you are confident about getting to the boss, just block the left plank. Have a hammer, arrmorslayer, or strong mage for the boss.

Since you have Henry, have him get Tharja's Nosferatu tome which can heal Henry. You can also buy one from the chapter 13 shop. You also want a pair up partner that can give him speed(Sumia/Cordelia/Panne/Lon'qu/etc) along with a speed tonic for Henry. This may or may not push him to attack twice against enemies as you need 4 or more spd then the enemy to double attack them. Check with detailed battle prediction before attacking, but if it is, you can use Henry to block the south plank or one of the other planks alongside Frederick and Nowi.

Once you block the planks, and maybe attacked some of the enemies on those planks, end turn. You want to push against the left plank and move as you block attacks. As there are ranged enemies, you want to have some range yourself. Hand axe/Javelin for Frederick. If you can get to the boss, attack him with magic/armorslayer/hammer.

Give Frederick an axe for those armor enemies and get Chrom and Lon'qu updated steel weapons. Same for Marth and Gregor. If you have silver weapons, have them use those. If you have money, use the forge. If you have bullions, sell them.

Nowi is at a somewhat low level. If there are Risen encounters on the map, fight them with her by getting her on a fort/mountain/tree tile with a pair-up partner and end turn to have her tank attacks while fighting back. Virion and Gregor can also use some extra levels. You can level up Lissa by getting some rescue staffs from the chapter 12 shop and spamming them in a Risen encounter to sharply raise her exp.

Also, use the master seal on Robin.
Through Fire, Justice is Served! - Lunar (Mischief Makers)

User Info: grape89

grape89
2 months ago#4
zhellybelly posted...
Robin. Level 20. Has clearly not been promoted. Get it together, son.

Adinseed posted...
Chapter 14 is the ship stage right? On this stage, it ends once you get to and beat the boss. You have 3 planks in which enemies can charge. You also have Pegasus reinforcements. The planks on the left and right sides are two tiles wide and the third bottom plank I think was one tile if I remember right. From the looks of it, you have maybe 4 to 5 characters that can take some hits.

You want to block the two tile planks with characters that can take a hit on both planks. Frederick can block one side and Nowi the other. Get another 2 characters you have with the highest defenses and have them be adjacent to Frederick which is one plank and Nowi on the other plank. The bottom plank you may need another character. If you are confident about getting to the boss, just block the left plank. Have a hammer, arrmorslayer, or strong mage for the boss.

Since you have Henry, have him get Tharja's Nosferatu tome which can heal Henry. You can also buy one from the chapter 13 shop. You also want a pair up partner that can give him speed(Sumia/Cordelia/Panne/Lon'qu/etc) along with a speed tonic for Henry. This may or may not push him to attack twice against enemies as you need 4 or more spd then the enemy to double attack them. Check with detailed battle prediction before attacking, but if it is, you can use Henry to block the south plank or one of the other planks alongside Frederick and Nowi.

Once you block the planks, and maybe attacked some of the enemies on those planks, end turn. You want to push against the left plank and move as you block attacks. As there are ranged enemies, you want to have some range yourself. Hand axe/Javelin for Frederick. If you can get to the boss, attack him with magic/armorslayer/hammer.

Give Frederick an axe for those armor enemies and get Chrom and Lon'qu updated steel weapons. Same for Marth and Gregor. If you have silver weapons, have them use those. If you have money, use the forge. If you have bullions, sell them.

Nowi is at a somewhat low level. If there are Risen encounters on the map, fight them with her by getting her on a fort/mountain/tree tile with a pair-up partner and end turn to have her tank attacks while fighting back. Virion and Gregor can also use some extra levels. You can level up Lissa by getting some rescue staffs from the chapter 12 shop and spamming them in a Risen encounter to sharply raise her exp.

Also, use the master seal on Robin.

Thank you both! I used master seals on all characters i could, and easily sweeped thru the level.

Thanks again
I mainly play minecraft, ACNL, and overwatch!
2079-8441-7606 Mayor Henry from N00blet, Grape89 on Xbox Live, and Luminant on Minecraft!

User Info: emagdnE

emagdnE
2 months ago#5
Step one: reclass Robin to Dark Mage.

Step two: Equip Nosferatu.

Step three: deploy only Robin and Chrom from now on.

.....And you've won Awakening.
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Ugh! I can't beat chapter 14

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived