Cross-post: Echoes' Examine feature in Awakening's Barracks

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Cross-post: Echoes' Examine feature in Awakening's Barracks

User Info: falchion1984

falchion1984
1 month ago#1
Though fairly simple, the ability to pan the camera and hear Alm/Celica opine on whatever you're examining does cause some interesting notions to pop into my head. Suppose that feature was around during Awakening and, while in the barracks, you could Examine the various bric-a-brac that decorates the place. Maybe the various trinkets that pop up as you recruit new characters have little stories behind them. Obviously, the writers didn't include them but, if you're interested, we can come up with our own. First, here's a list of what pops up as each character joins.

Lon'qu - Killing Edges
Ricken - Small shelf with some books
Maribelle - Heal Staff near the window
Panne - Purple rabbit-themed banner
Gaius - Candy tree
Cordelia - Empty large shelf
Gregor - Two wooden crates
Nowi - Yellow Dragonstone
Olivia - Carpet
Cherche - Two wyvern-themed sacks
Henry - Extra books
Lucina - Red Exalt-themed banner
Say'ri - Sumi-e hanging scroll
Owain - Tree Branch
Inigo - Vase with flowers
Brady - Heal Staff
Kjelle - Suit of armor and protector
Cynthia - Lance
Severa - Vulnerary
Gerome - Axe
Morgan - Extra books
Yarne - Shield
Laurent - Triangular hat
Noire - Feather
Nah - White Dragonstone

If you're willing, try to think up some things that, for instance, Robin might say when Examining these objects. To get things rolling, here are some samples:

Cordelia - Large empty shelf: Cordelia donated these shelves from her home when she learned that Sumia's fondness for reading was catching on with the Shepherds. But, the only books Cordelia brought with her were guides on courtship and how to...please your husband at night. Frederick insisted she send those home. "We can't risk anyone getting pregnant, because there's no magical portal we can hide the babies in until the war's over," he said. Seriously, we're not that irresponsible!

Lucina - Red Exalt-themed banner: In Ylisse, it's customary for a banner like this to be hung in the room of the heir to the throne. When Lucina - Big Lucina, that is - joined us, Chrom has a copy made and hung here to help her feel more at home. He was tempted to get the original, but Big Lucina insisted it be left with Lucina - Little Lucina, that is - since she's the recognized heir. Big Lucina, Little Lucina...is really the best I can do when I have to differentiate them?

If ideas spring to mind, add them in. Maybe Lon'qu's killing edges hint at there being a Chon'sinese branch to his family. Maybe Nah's white dragonstone is one she uses exclusively for her cathartic rampages. Try to think of some other little backstories and submit them. For those who do, thanks in advance.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." --George S. Patton

User Info: SteelWingKnight

SteelWingKnight
1 month ago#2
That's kinda cool, I was wondering what causes the items to appear in the barracks.

Cordelia gets you... an empty shelf. That's kind of funny.
#1 Flora Fan: http://the-secret-shop.tumblr.com/image/144376869209
http://steelwingknight.tumblr.com /FEH Team: Eirika Sharena Nino Hector /Palla best girl SoV

User Info: Eiyu

Eiyu
1 month ago#3
I was wondering why it looks so empty when you start a new game. Getting all the characters makes the barracks look like a junk room.
(3DS) Friend Code: 3110-6583-2212, PSN: FiveLinxer
"You can't have a rainbow without Reyn, baby!"

falchion1984
1 month ago#4
SteelWingKnight posted...
That's kinda cool, I was wondering what causes the items to appear in the barracks.

Cordelia gets you... an empty shelf. That's kind of funny.

Well, you've heard my explanation for why it's empty (and my jab at how Fates handled children mechanics), so what's yours? Plenty of room for more posts, and I'd appreciate them.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." --George S. Patton

falchion1984
1 month ago#5
Eiyu posted...
I was wondering why it looks so empty when you start a new game. Getting all the characters makes the barracks look like a junk room.

Come to think of it, the place looks more like a living room that a Barracks. Still, any thoughts as to the story behind the junk?

User Info: Eiyu

Eiyu
1 month ago#6
Well, if you look at most of the stuff, they're mostly related to their characters that leave the stuff there. Maybe each character has a little extra in their own tent and then decide to put something there. Also, most of the kids don't need to be recruited to clear the game, so the room won't have as much junk in the room. And it seems paralogue characters don't have junk in the room when recruited, except the future kids.
(3DS) Friend Code: 3110-6583-2212, PSN: FiveLinxer
"You can't have a rainbow without Reyn, baby!"

falchion1984
1 month ago#7
Eiyu posted...
Well, if you look at most of the stuff, they're mostly related to their characters that leave the stuff there. Maybe each character has a little extra in their own tent and then decide to put something there. Also, most of the kids don't need to be recruited to clear the game, so the room won't have as much junk in the room. And it seems paralogue characters don't have junk in the room when recruited, except the future kids.

True, but there's the potential for some of the junk to have an interesting, or at least noteworthy, story behind it. If you're willing, please throw one or two in there.

User Info: goodJT

goodJT
1 month ago#8
Hmm....
AKA Tykronos/Ryltex,The Glass Wraith of Gamefaqs.
S.S SatoSere/Amour, Engines and Core being repaired. Funny how one detail can change many things.

falchion1984
1 month ago#9
goodJT posted...
Hmm....

Several fanfic writers believe Lon'qu to be of Chon'sinese stock, which might means there's a story behind the killing edges. Or, maybe the extra books Morgan adds in are of some significance. Lot of possibilities.

User Info: goodJT

goodJT
1 month ago#10
falchion1984 posted...
goodJT posted...
Hmm....

Several fanfic writers believe Lon'qu to be of Chon'sinese stock, which might means there's a story behind the killing edges. Or, maybe the extra books Morgan adds in are of some significance. Lot of possibilities.

And I've seen plenty of them.
AKA Tykronos/Ryltex,The Glass Wraith of Gamefaqs.
S.S SatoSere/Amour, Engines and Core being repaired. Funny how one detail can change many things.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Cross-post: Echoes' Examine feature in Awakening's Barracks

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived