What'd happen if Yen'fay agreed to the deal AND Validar succeeded in his C6...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. What'd happen if Yen'fay agreed to the deal AND Validar succeeded in his C6...

User Info: Airship_Canon

Airship_Canon
3 months ago#1
mission?

In main game timeline, Validar fails thanks to Lucina, meaning the Plegian war is cut short. But also, Yen'fay agrees to the deal with Excellus, which turns the Chon'sin to Walhart's side. The Valmese invasion happens fairly soon after the Plegian war.

However, in Lucina's timeline Validar succeeds but Yen'fay also doesn't agree to the deal. This means while Chrom et al are dealing with Plegia, Walhart is slowed by the defiant Chon'sin. This is a net zero loss in terms of timeline-- same events as in game, just delayed outwards.

Now what'd happen if the other combinations of those two events-- since they're rather sensitive timewise were to occur:

If Lucina saves Chrom and Emm, but Yen'fay doesn't take the deal- the time line becomes stretched significantly, weakening Ylisse's army as a possibility. There's a wide gap of peace involved here.

If Lucina isn't involved or fails and Emm dies in C6 with Chrom injured, the Plegian war becomes long-- but if Yen'fay agrees well that could cause a World War with Valm arriving to kick ass in the middle of the Ylisse/Plegia war. Walhart victory?
http://i.imgur.com/0GZFPf1.gif

User Info: Cozy

Cozy
3 months ago#2
Adding another question in here:

Is the Yen'fay from the spotpass paralogue the one from Lucina's timeline? Or a different timeline? I've been wondering that.
"Poop"

User Info: Nehpets700

Nehpets700
2 months ago#3
Yeah, I'd place my bet on a Walhart victory. Valm would be stronger than anything else at that point.

Cozy posted...
Is the Yen'fay from the spotpass paralogue the one from Lucina's timeline? Or a different timeline? I've been wondering that.

If I recall correctly, it was kept ambiguous.
Do you like Ike and have a Discord? Join others like you here: https://discord.gg/a8K62X3
I had the very first post on the FEE: SoV board.

User Info: GJPrincess

GJPrincess
2 months ago#4
Cozy posted...

i can't recall where i read this but it's been implied he isn't from Lucina's timeline. can't remember where on Earth i seen that from.
Fan Base = people under deep obsession, unaware of their insanity.

User Info: Airship_Canon

Airship_Canon
2 months ago#5
GJPrincess posted...
Cozy posted...

i can't recall where i read this but it's been implied he isn't from Lucina's timeline. can't remember where on Earth i seen that from.

You can't recall it, because it doesn't exist.
http://i.imgur.com/0GZFPf1.gif

User Info: goodJT

goodJT
2 months ago#6
GJPrincess posted...
Cozy posted...

He didn't take the deal, and Say'ri paid the price if I remember correctly.
AKA Tykronos/Ryltex,The Glass Wraith of Gamefaqs.
S.S SatoSere/Amour, Engines and Core being repaired. Funny how one detail can change many things.

User Info: Cozy

Cozy
2 months ago#7
Yen'fay's roster entry says "like Lucina, he hails from the future."

Here's his conversation post-chapter completion:
Say'ri: Explain yourself, Brother! You died, yet here you stand. How can you be a different Yen'fay than my brother?
Avatar: Perhaps he's from a different world. Or a different time? We've certainly had our fair share of that lately.
Yen'fay: ...It is as you say.
Say'ri: But if you're from the future, how...
Yen'fay: A different future, with a different past. A past most terribly cruel. When I failed to protect that which I held most dear, life lost all meaning. I did not desire to come to this world. But fate, it seems, has a taste for irony.
Say'ri: ...That which you held most dear?
Avatar: You lost your sister. You lost Say'ri.
Yen'fay: Just so.
Say'ri: You lived in place of me?
Yen'fay: I was a weak fool and could not make the sacrifice required to see you safe. I'm pleased this world's Yen'fay was made of sterner mettle.

And in his support with male MU:
Yen'fay: Avatar, you are perceptive indeed. Yes, I defended villagers and farmers from the Risen—or at least, I tried. Dead though my soul was, the corporeal flesh still demanded daily sustenance. I was no hero, but a sellsword taking bread from any who couldn't fight themselves.

You're right, it's never explicitly said that he is or isn't from Lucina's timeline, just that he's from the future. I guess it's just something else left up to the fans to ponder and think about. The final piece, where he says he's fighting Risen, leads me to believe he may be from Lucina's timeline, but it's nothing concrete.
"Poop"

User Info: goodJT

goodJT
2 months ago#8
Cozy posted...
Yen'fay's roster entry says "like Lucina, he hails from the future."

Here's his conversation post-chapter completion:
Say'ri: Explain yourself, Brother! You died, yet here you stand. How can you be a different Yen'fay than my brother?
Avatar: Perhaps he's from a different world. Or a different time? We've certainly had our fair share of that lately.
Yen'fay: ...It is as you say.
Say'ri: But if you're from the future, how...
Yen'fay: A different future, with a different past. A past most terribly cruel. When I failed to protect that which I held most dear, life lost all meaning. I did not desire to come to this world. But fate, it seems, has a taste for irony.
Say'ri: ...That which you held most dear?
Avatar: You lost your sister. You lost Say'ri.
Yen'fay: Just so.
Say'ri: You lived in place of me?
Yen'fay: I was a weak fool and could not make the sacrifice required to see you safe. I'm pleased this world's Yen'fay was made of sterner mettle.

And in his support with male MU:
Yen'fay: Avatar, you are perceptive indeed. Yes, I defended villagers and farmers from the Risenor at least, I tried. Dead though my soul was, the corporeal flesh still demanded daily sustenance. I was no hero, but a sellsword taking bread from any who couldn't fight themselves.

You're right, it's never explicitly said that he is or isn't from Lucina's timeline, just that he's from the future. I guess it's just something else left up to the fans to ponder and think about. The final piece, where he says he's fighting Risen, leads me to believe he may be from Lucina's timeline, but it's nothing concrete.

Its the best we've got.
AKA Tykronos/Ryltex,The Glass Wraith of Gamefaqs.
S.S SatoSere/Amour, Engines and Core being repaired. Funny how one detail can change many things.

User Info: yen_fay

yen_fay
2 months ago#9
Crazy Stuff
You ever just think about your past a cringe from embarrassment?
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. What'd happen if Yen'fay agreed to the deal AND Validar succeeded in his C6...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived