For building for Apoth, what are the optimal marriages with a male MU?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. For building for Apoth, what are the optimal marriages with a male MU?

User Info: LagoonTheCursed

LagoonTheCursed
3 weeks ago#1
I would imagine +Def/-Lu MU + Kellam!Nah is optimal for an insane Morgan.

What are other optimal marriages?

Preferably Lunatic if possible.

EDIT: My b, meant marriages aside from Robin. Thought I'd mention I'm using male MU in case that changes anything drastically.
Mistranslation, plot hole, or bad writing?

User Info: Icewolff92

Icewolff92
3 weeks ago#2
+Spd - def +Sumia!Lucina
http://the-movie-maister.blogspot.se/2015/12/southpaw.html

User Info: zhellybelly

zhellybelly
3 weeks ago#3
If you're going into Apotheosis thinking a tank is going to be of any use, you're gonna have a bad time.
Dragon Age: Inquisition - Take a moment to appreciate the fact that BioWare created a game where gay men can roleplay as either top or bottom.

LagoonTheCursed
3 weeks ago#4
zhellybelly posted...
If you're going into Apotheosis thinking a tank is going to be of any use, you're gonna have a bad time.

Not useful? Damn. So everything should be hyper-offensive, I take it?

User Info: Airship_Canon

Airship_Canon
3 weeks ago#5
First off: Lunatic and Apoth don't mix. Apoth only scales 3 enemies [and it's probably unintended] on difficulty. Playing on Lunatic(+) only serves as a timegate against facing Apoth. The 3 enemies are the Bow-equipped Warriors on the first SR Wave. This messes with their behavior in a fashion that makes them EASIER on Lunatic than on Hard or Normal.

Second off: Depends on your tier of power.

If you're going at full potential, Limit Breaker, Rallies, the whole nine yards, Who the f*** cares... at this level of power, you roll over everything without trying. Note: This is also the level of power that team that Endgame likes posting operates at. He has a few good units mixed in, but several parts of the team and what he advocates doesn't have the firepower to reasonably go weaker.

A No DLC run requires being a bit more care, but not quite full balls to the wall set ups, since you still have Rallies to bat with.

Take away the Rallies, and the map gets a lot more intense.

As a general rule: Firepower is King, Speed is Queen. Orthodox tanks are s***.

Enemy firepower in Apoth is very high, but it's not enough to kill outright in most cases. Expect to get hit for 40+ on a regular basis. Hell, don't be surprised when you get blasted for 70s. There's a lot of burst damage skills [Luna+, Vengeance, Astra, Aether].

The only amounts of Defense [and RES] you need are: 30 (General Survival-- this means you can take a hit from any (unnoted) trash, and all physical bosses outside of 2 cases), 48 (Anna Survival. If you have 48 DEF, Anna cannot kill you without doubling or using the Brave Lance), 56 [RES, Magic Tank Survival- This is a key threshold for one of your units: there are 4 Sages equipped with Celica's Gale and armed with Luna+. If you take attacks from them, you need 56 RES to not get gibbed], 58 (Ikeadin Survival. Ike on a Horse happens. You need 58 DEF to not get nuked by Aether from his Ragnell.)... and there is one more... but it is impossible to have enough Defense to survive him anyway.

Enemies are tanky as f*** as well- everything has Dragonskin and most everything has a Shield+ or 2, and defenses range from the 40s to 70.

LagoonTheCursed posted...
I would imagine +Def/-Lu MU + Kellam!Nah is optimal for an insane Morgan.

Hell f***ing no.

That thing gets obliterated. Max DEF KNM vs NM Sniper for instance:

KNM caps at 107 Def if the stars align and you're in the perfect state for doing this. [Too bad you don't have 65 SPD (you don't have 60) to not be doubled]
This guy rolls in with his 96 Attack, Brave, Luna+
NM Sniper Attacks:
Luna+: 43.
Brave:
Luna+: 43. [FATAL]
http://i.imgur.com/0GZFPf1.gif

LagoonTheCursed
3 weeks ago#6
Airship_Canon posted...
First off: Lunatic and Apoth don't mix. Apoth only scales 3 enemies [and it's probably unintended] on difficulty. Playing on Lunatic(+) only serves as a timegate against facing Apoth. The 3 enemies are the Bow-equipped Warriors on the first SR Wave. This messes with their behavior in a fashion that makes them EASIER on Lunatic than on Hard or Normal.

funny to hear this lmaooo, good to know. i'll probably do it on hard then.

Airship_Canon posted...
If you're going at full potential, Limit Breaker, Rallies, the whole nine yards, Who the f*** cares... at this level of power, you roll over everything without trying. Note: This is also the level of power that team that Endgame likes posting operates at.

hell yeah, this is what i'm interested in

also damn, it's a shame i misheard. i was reading up on a very outdated guide then.

User Info: zhellybelly

zhellybelly
3 weeks ago#7
LagoonTheCursed posted...
also damn, it's a shame i misheard. i was reading up on a very outdated guide then.

A very short guide would be: Maximize Galeforce and Luna, create two Rally bots (there are 10 rallies, and they'll have 5 each), create a long-range Rescue/Healer bot or two, then steamroll through Apotheosis with your S-rank pairs.

Use all children as offensive units, except Nah. She can be a rally or heal bot.

Here's an example S-rank layout I've used (I've used several):

- Henry!Cynthia has access to Luna and Galeforce no matter the father. I like Henry as father because I like Valkyries, but Dark Fliers and Sages are great, too.
- Gaius!Noire has access to Luna (and Vengeance), and Gaius gives access to Galeforce. Speed is decent, so she's another great Dark Flier. You may also prefer Donnel or MU.
- Lon'qu!Severa has access to Vengeance and Galeforce. Lon'qu increases her already amazing speed even further and grants access to Lancebreaker. She can reach something very near 0% hit against the final boss.
- Chrom!Inigo is just all around a very good unit. Chrom grants Luna, which is all he was missing.
- Olivia!Lucina is the same as Chrom!Inigo but with one more class and skill (Aether). Stacking Aether and Luna is fun.
- Vaike!Gerome and Stahl!Yarne are exceptional support units along with Gregor!Laurent. These three will never have Galeforce, meaning there's no reason for them to have active skills such as Luna and Vengeance - meaning they're better off with support skills such as Hit Rate +20, and All Stats +2 (and the Dark Mage skills).
- Ricken!Owain is an amazing magic user who only lacked Luna, which Ricken gives access to. Not much else to say here.
- Then there's Maribelle and the remaining males are Frederick, Libra, Virion. Brady does not care, for he already has all he needs (his mother's Valkyrie class becomes Great Knight on him for some reason).
- Remaining are Sully and Nowi. You want Galeforce on Kjelle, and she'll be good to go. Take one of your remaining Galeforce Dads (TM): Donnel, Gaius, maMU.
- This leaves Nah, but honestly? She's slow, she lacks Galeforce, she lacks Luna. Every father is better off somewhere else. If MU is marrying 1st gen, Nah should be left single.
- In this example, I paired Chrom with Olivia. She's a terrible offensive unit, but so is Chrom so personally I'd keep her as Dancer and put Chrom in Bow Knight or Great Knight (which both grant +1 Movement in pair-up). Chrom won't see much action no matter his wife anyway, because all children are better than he.
Dragon Age: Inquisition - Take a moment to appreciate the fact that BioWare created a game where gay men can roleplay as either top or bottom.

User Info: Cozy

Cozy
3 weeks ago#8
Gaius!Noire also makes a great Sniper. I enjoy this class for Apo because their access to Longbows lets you safely hit enemies without putting yourself in danger.

And yeah, forget the outdated guides and I would take Endgames pairs with a grain of salt. He's got some solid ones there (Lon'qu!Severa is awesome), but some (particularly Kellam!Nah) are very questionable. He assumes that all your units will have Limit Break and go balls out, but the reality is:
a) these skills cost real money to get, as you need to buy those maps
b) they're not gifts, they're rewards for clearing those maps (the last Xenologue gets you LB, and that map is difficult)

He's just looking at final numbers. The better way to think about your pairs is to think how they will perform without DLC skills. Start from there and your team will be much better equipped while training to get those skills.

EDIT: even though Nah's growths and stats suggest she should be bulky, she's worthless going this way because she'll end up way too slow. Instead, I prefer to make Nah a support unit, where she'll be much better. Some examples:
1) Gregor!Nah can run Hero with -breakers and Axefaire to provide some speed support. Not as great as Berserker support, but beggars can't be choosers
2) Henry!Nah can run Sage or Valkyrie with Tomefaire and HexAthema auras to provide magical support. She would've loved to get Dark Flier, but again... it's what she's got.

These are just examples for what I've used Nah for.

And to answer your question: I think Sumia!Lucina and Maribelle!Lucina are both great wives for male MU. He can run Sage to support. Or run Berserker to support Great Lord.
"Poop"

LagoonTheCursed
3 weeks ago#9
i have the limit breaker DLC anyways and i enjoy min-maxing

User Info: Airship_Canon

Airship_Canon
3 weeks ago#10
Cozy posted...
He's got some solid ones there (Lon'qu!Severa is awesome)

He's not even the one who came up with it.
I was.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/66880670
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/67281096

Ironically, despite having crafted the Lancekiller build, I abandoned it on Severa later, because of a weirdbuild.

And... respecing for better Damage Output potential after realizing some quirks about the build that made it far more effective than the simple purpose of deleting Lance users.

The end fate of Lancekiller, is Lancekiller Morgan-- same build concept, but I dropped Speed+2 in the build because +SPD/-DEF!Sumia!Lucina!Morgan beats the speed threshold targeted. She can/does run Aether/Luna so she gets first strike burst potential that good ole Lancekiller Severa didn't have, and removes a very small death chance that Severa had.

This was in part due to an effort to increase the number of units that breached a very important threshold in Apoth: 60 Speed.
http://i.imgur.com/0GZFPf1.gif
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. For building for Apoth, what are the optimal marriages with a male MU?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived