For building for Apoth, what are the optimal marriages with a male MU?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. For building for Apoth, what are the optimal marriages with a male MU?

User Info: Vascela

Vascela
2 months ago#11
Airship_Canon posted...
I abandoned it on Severa later, because of a weirdbuild.

What would it take to convert you to vantageless vengeance Sage Ricken!Severa?
SRPG: The S stands for Strategy--not for Stats.

User Info: Airship_Canon

Airship_Canon
2 months ago#12
Vascela posted...
Airship_Canon posted...
I abandoned it on Severa later, because of a weirdbuild.

What would it take to convert you to vantageless vengeance Sage Ricken!Severa?

A practical purpose and enough speed teamwise to justify it. Unfortunately, it's found lacking.

It's got power, but I've got plenty of magic, and the weird build is Bowfaire Assassin Vengeance Counter attacker[it was primary vs. Invincisorcs, but also can do its s*** to Thronies as well], which ultimately meant I went for the arch-nemesis from the GDL days, but threw that out the window and did something outside the norm-- since who the f*** ever builds Stahl!Severa like that? I used exactly 0 of the things people note Stahl!Severa for [instead, it was ONLY for Bowfaire and Assassin access]

Whereas a Sage Ricken!Severa, be it a Vengeance build or a Luna build is just another magic nuke, not like there aren't a bunch as-is.
http://i.imgur.com/0GZFPf1.gif

Vascela
2 months ago#13
For no dlc/no rally opening move, she doesn't double or get doubled by the General Boss. This, plus her mods, lets her and Morgan both get setups on turn 1. I don't think any other child unit that has access to that scenario.

User Info: Endgame

Endgame
2 months ago#14
There are none because the optimal setup involves using Robin in the Dark Flier/Sage combo and male Robin can't get Galeforce which makes it all come together.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert

User Info: LagoonTheCursed

LagoonTheCursed
2 months ago#15
Endgame posted...
There are none because the optimal setup involves using Robin in the Dark Flier/Sage combo and male Robin can't get Galeforce which makes it all come together.

i don't think it works like that???

if i'm looking for an optimized setup with maleMU then i'm looking for the best setup that he can use

but fine, what's the optimal setup with feMC then?
Mistranslation, plot hole, or bad writing?

User Info: Airship_Canon

Airship_Canon
2 months ago#16
Endgame posted...

You are still in the dark ages, Endgame. Your team is outdone easily by more combat oriented MaMu teams that can do better at all tiers of power. Your setup fails once you take away LBs and Rallies.

But if you give those to teams built for without, they'll still do better.
http://i.imgur.com/0GZFPf1.gif

LagoonTheCursed
2 months ago#17
what about teams that are built for LB and rallies?

i'm interested in the min-maxing aspect of it. i want to make the team as strong as possible; if LB is needed, LB is needed.

User Info: Huff n puff 20

Huff n puff 20
2 months ago#18
LagoonTheCursed posted...
what about teams that are built for LB and rallies?

i'm interested in the min-maxing aspect of it. i want to make the team as strong as possible; if LB is needed, LB is needed.

LB, Agg, and Rallies are linear gains.

That having been said, if you're using those you can literally do anything and win.
Imperial Force, Defied! Facing 500 Samurai! Surrounded and outnumbered, 60 to 1 the sword face the gun! Bushido dignified! It's the last stand of the samurai!

LagoonTheCursed
2 months ago#19
Yes, but see, I'm interested in maxing out *everything.*

Vascela
2 months ago#20
The number one issue with "maxing everything" is that FE is a benchmark game. For example, it doesn't really matter if a unit in particular hits 85 Spd. He isn't doubling any more enemies than someone with 75. Hitting that minimum sweet spot is what makes the difference.

When you slap all stats +20 (+30 Atk for males) across all units, you pretty much slaughter all of those minimum requirements by a landslide. That's what Airship means by removing these flat bonuses. There's also only a few ways to measure differences for Apo (I usually measure reliability). For example, one of my teams has no requirements, zero elements of choice, and has 100% consistency. Does that make my team better than everyone else's? I also have a team that is also 100% consistent and doesn't use rallies, but it requires some pairings. Is that team better than the previous one? Is it better than someone else's?

I think there's more to planning a team than saying "maxing everything." Because you're capable of achieving much more. If you want to use everything in your arsenal, go for it. While one of my teams has no element of choice, your team's choices seemingly don't matter.

Although, I'd probably recommend playing the map at least once to learn it before jumping into a challenge run. The challenges usually require some extra thinking. There's also some really niche builds that thrive in those conditions, for example: Ricken!Severa and Libra!Brady!Morgan are some of my pairings you will never see in recommendations.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. For building for Apoth, what are the optimal marriages with a male MU?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived