Avatar Creation for the Upcoming Switch Title

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Avatar Creation for the Upcoming Switch Title

User Info: Teddybearsolid

Teddybearsolid
2 months ago#1
I know a lot of people absolutely despise the idea of using an avatar in the these games. Or maybe less the idea of an avatar, and more the execution. Having an avatar seems like a good idea to me, not JUST so I can get married to incredibly beautiful Fire Emblem waifus, but because it helps me to get even more attached to all the characters.

*cough* CHROM! *cough*

*cough* MY SIBLINGS IN HOSHIDO *cough*

It helps me become immersed in the game world to have a 'me', rather than just some guy I'm controlling. Now, that said, that doesn't mean I don't have any complaints about how it's worked thus far.

Take the avatars of Awakening and Fates. I love the visual customization, but I absolutely despise the lack of character building! Why not take a page out of Bioware's book? I read that there was a silent option in japan! Why not use that? I'd rather have a quiet avatar than watch them run amok! It doesn't always bother me, but there are times when it makes me want to pull my hair out.

What could they add in a new Switch avatar system (assuming there even is one) that would make you happy with your avatar?
3DS Friend Code: 1908 - 1584 - 4791
"I won't scatter your ashes to the heartless sea..."

User Info: Greek_Goddess_

Greek_Goddess_
1 month ago#2
Just give me a unit who I can change their looks and boons/banes, so I can make them OP

Teddybearsolid
1 month ago#3
Greek_Goddess_ posted...
Just give me a unit who I can change their looks and boons/banes, so I can make them OP

OP?
"Corrin wins the gauntlet. Quote me you punks." - CeruleanGamer

User Info: Luminozero

Luminozero
1 month ago#4
I was fine with Robin, because they were their own character. You decided their appearance and that was about it. Everything else about them was defined by the game, much like any other character.

I will give credit, I liked what Fates tried to do where Corin was locked to 1 or 2 class lines. I appreciate the attempt to get away from "Robin does everything better than anybody else."
Democracy is a theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it, good and hard.
-H.L. Mencken

User Info: Firewing270

Firewing270
1 month ago#5
Luminozero posted...
I was fine with Robin, because they were their own character. You decided their appearance and that was about it. Everything else about them was defined by the game, much like any other character.

I will give credit, I liked what Fates tried to do where Corin was locked to 1 or 2 class lines. I appreciate the attempt to get away from "Robin does everything better than anybody else."

This is false. Morgan does everything better than everyone else.
(message deleted)

User Info: FelurFalas

FelurFalas
1 month ago#7
I went into this topic thinking there as an FE announced for the switch (not Warriors).

Needless to say, I was severely disappointed,
Yorokobi No Ito Wa Canon Tsumugidasu
The Thread of Happiness is Weaved by a Canon

User Info: Vascela

Vascela
1 month ago#8
Firewing270 posted...
Luminozero posted...

This is false. Morgan does everything better than everyone else.

FeMU x Chrom dominates the main game and Apo as the powerhouse couple. Marrying Chrom is one of those issues that sets FeMU as the best unit in the game.
SRPG: The S stands for Strategy--not for Stats.

Teddybearsolid
1 month ago#9
FelurFalas posted...
I went into this topic thinking there as an FE announced for the switch (not Warriors).

Sorry about that. If it's any consolation, I feel the same way.

Teddybearsolid
1 month ago#10
FelurFalas posted...

Oh! But there actually IS supposed to be an FE proper for the Switch, maybe as early as 2018. Seriously, look it up!
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Avatar Creation for the Upcoming Switch Title

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived