Do the bonus map Paralogues affect the Ending? Or are they not canon? (Spoilers)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Do the bonus map Paralogues affect the Ending? Or are they not canon? (Spoilers)

User Info: LePhenom

LePhenom
3 weeks ago#1
I finally got to the Endgame, I'm wondering if I should just go beat it right away or complete all the Paralogues before. If they're canon, at the very least having recruited Emmeryn would change the ending of the game. Does it, or are all the bonus paralogue characters not mentioned at all during the ending?

(If they're not canon, I'll still play them, but after beating the game, since I don't want to level up too much; I want Endgame to be a challenge.)

User Info: Eiyu

Eiyu
3 weeks ago#2
Up to you. You're extending the credits longer if you recruit all the characters. I would beat the game and beat it again later.
3DS Friend Code: 3110-6583-2212, Switch Friend Code: SW-4750-8338-8600, PSN: FiveLinxer
"You can't have a rainbow without Reyn, baby!"

LePhenom
3 weeks ago#3
I see... so these recruitable characters do have an ending or something. Then I'll think about it all day and decide this evening once it's time to play. If I want the challenge then I guess then yeah, I should do as you suggest and beat it twice.. once right now and again after recruiting everyone.

Thanks.

User Info: FoxyAreku

FoxyAreku
3 weeks ago#4
All paralogues are canon.

DLC/spotpass stuff, probably isn't.
"How do you forget about windrun as windrunner?!"

LePhenom
3 weeks ago#5
^but some paralogues (6 of them) are spotpass acquired, so your 2 sentences contradict each other.

User Info: Huff n puff 20

Huff n puff 20
3 weeks ago#6
FoxyAreku posted...
All paralogues are canon.

DLC/spotpass stuff, probably isn't.

Odin and Laslow (Aka: Owain and Inigo) 's A support in Fates directly mentions the DLC.

The Spotpass 6 do affect the ending as they do have ending lines, support lines in Endgame and endings proper.

They are absolutely canon.
Imperial Force, Defied! Facing 500 Samurai! Surrounded and outnumbered, 60 to 1 the sword face the gun! Bushido dignified! It's the last stand of the samurai!

User Info: Luminozero

Luminozero
3 weeks ago#7
Huff n puff 20 posted...
They are absolutely canon.

Oh please...

"I'm a Risen, but by force of SPEAKING IN ALL CAPS I am not a slave!"

Somehow, the villain that invoked mad blood lust into the hero and was killed by said hero, wasn't actually dead. As if Chrom wouldn't have finished the damn job on Gangrel.

Aversa and Emmeryn I can accept, though I feel like Emmeryn cheapens her place in the narrative.

Aversa technically 'died' in the game, but it's feasible that she could have survived. She was not their target, she was just in the way. Easy to believe Chrom would just put her down and then push on to handle Grima, instead of worrying about finishing the job.

Gangrel doesn't get that option. He was the entire focus of that fight. No way Chrom would let him get away alive.
Democracy is a theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it, good and hard.
-H.L. Mencken

User Info: Endgame

Endgame
3 weeks ago#8
The spotpass characters themselves show up in the beginning of the final chapter and during the ending when all the characters show up.

There is nothing to suggest the spotpass paralogues are not canon although some people like to claim that narrative. (Namely IkexSoren shippers trying to deny Priam's existence~.)
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Do the bonus map Paralogues affect the Ending? Or are they not canon? (Spoilers)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived