Annual reminder that Chrom is an a******.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Annual reminder that Chrom is an a******.

User Info: Endgame

Endgame
1 month ago#1
Henry
What's wrong? CAW-strophobic? Nya ha ha! Oh, I slay me!

Chrom
Not if these Risen do it first! This is no time for japes! Hide yourself, boy!

Henry
You know, I thought you were all right... Turns out you're all FRIGHT! Nya ha ha! I'd wish you good luck killing these monsters, buuuuuut... They're ALREADY DEAD!

Chrom
We are well aware!

Henry
The ravens wanted me to give you a message. "Caaw... C-caw-caw." Roughly translated, it means... Hmm, now what was the human word for that again? ...Traipse? ...Tripe? Oh, TRAPPED! Right! ...They say you're trapped.

Chrom
We know, damn it! Gods... Where did they all come from?

Henry
Well, see, when a mommy zombie and a daddy zombie love each other very much... Nya ha ha!

Chrom
Perhaps I should save the Risen the trouble and silence you myself.

He wants to kill Happy Henry over a few jokes?! What the f*** man?!

Donnel
This here's where they've taken up camp, Your Lordshipness.

Chrom
Er...right. Thanks, Donny. Stay close, now.

Donnel
Beg pardon, milord? You don't mean...? I...I can't fight, sir! I ain't never even stuck a pig before!

Chrom
Oh, sorry. I just assumed... I mean... Look, just stay here. You'll be fine.

Donnel
I wish I was strong as you sirs and madams! Kick that scum out single handed, I would!

Chrom
Then you should fight and grow stronger.

Donnel
But I ain't—

Chrom
No man is born a warrior, Donny. And farm work makes for fine training—a sickle's not far from a sword, after all. Bandits may be tougher than wheat, but the principle's the same.

Donnel
Ngh... *sniff* A-all right, milord. As you say, I'm no warrior. But these're my people. I gots to do what I can!

"Hey you. Child that just ran away from the bandits. To the frontlines." Man, what a benevolent leader!

And let's not forget how he's willing to run the risk of Grima returning so future generations (As well as Tiki, Nowi, and Nah who will still be around.) suffer the wrath of the evil sky plesiosaur. Just so he can keep his super best friend around. (Yet, s/he comes back anyway even if s/he does the whole self-sacrifice thing. Oops.)

And this is the guy people wanted in Smash~.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert

User Info: Big-Wicket

Big-Wicket
1 month ago#2
His daughter is hot tho so it's cool.
"No! You're going to sit here and talk with me, and you're going to enjoy it!" - Inigo, flirting
"BOOOOORING" - Female Morgan, rejecting

User Info: awesomest2011

awesomest2011
1 month ago#3
The Donnel one doesn't really work, since he even says he wants to fight, but he's not strong enough. Chrom just gives him the nudge he needs to start.
PSN - UltimaVanguard
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate: Ultima - HR Over 125 NNID: UltimaVanguard

Endgame
1 month ago#4
If a kid says he wants to eat a bowl full of M&Ms for breakfast, would you let him?

Just because a kid wants to do something doesn't mean you should let him. Chrom, as a legal adult and future king should have acted more responsibly. Instead, he followed in Daddy's footsteps and conscripted a farmer to wage war on Plegia. Y'know. The thing Chrom told Robin Daddy did and treated it like a bad thing.....
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert

User Info: NeoRyujinZ

NeoRyujinZ
1 month ago#5
Endgame posted...
And let's not forget how he's willing to run the risk of Grima returning so future generations (As well as Tiki, Nowi, and Nah who will still be around.) suffer the wrath of the evil sky plesiosaur.

I'm more worried about Chrom leaving the safety of the world to three potential dragon-girl psychopaths.
Ah, Fire Emblem Warriors. Great game. I especially love owning mobs with a magical girl loli on a horse.

User Info: FoxyAreku

FoxyAreku
1 month ago#6
I feel like you're over-analyzing this.
"How do you forget about windrun as windrunner?!"

User Info: Mjolnirboi

Mjolnirboi
1 month ago#7
FoxyAreku posted...
I feel like you're over-analyzing this.
He's right. Accept it.
Palla is best waifu. Nohrian scum is scum.
Get Zeke'd. https://i.imgur.com/QMacACU.jpg

Endgame
1 month ago#8
Also, it's even worse if you recruit Donnel after Chapter 11.

Chrom is now a father at this point. You'd think he'd understand that Donnel is someone's boy. But nope. To the frontlines Donny!

Oh, and he doesn't even support with Donnel. But Gaius, the thief who broke into his house one day with a group of people trying to kill his sister? He'll hang out with him.....

User Info: FoxyAreku

FoxyAreku
1 month ago#9
Definitely over-analyzing.

I don't care about this bad game but it's pretty obvious that's just writers excuse to recruit him.
"How do you forget about windrun as windrunner?!"

User Info: Crazyalien18

Crazyalien18
4 weeks ago#10
On Henry, it was a life-or-death situation that Henry was making light of, people snap. I don't like it, but it's not unusual.

On Donnel, Chrom backed up and was willing to let Donnel stay in their midst as someone to protect, not someone who was fighting, but only really coerced him into something that Donnel actually wanted, given what he had just said.

Against Grima? Yeah, no defense in the world's gonna help there, but I'd think that's more just being shortsighted than deliberately an a******, especially since he went directly against Robin's wishes to do so, the last person I'd expect an a****** in his position to deliberately go against.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Annual reminder that Chrom is an a******.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.