Just starting

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Smothermunchie

Smothermunchie
1 month ago#1
So I went with Strength and a flaw in Luck as the initial two choices hoping that eventually he will become a tank.

However, my character casted spells in the beginning, and when he leveled, no bonus to strength and +1 to magic.

I would like him to eventually be overpowered in the game, so should I start over again and play the main character as a magician?

User Info: PrinceOfArabia

PrinceOfArabia
1 month ago#2
Look at that long conversation: https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/65194943

Personally, I've gone +Mag/-Str. I never planned on using weapons, because in my opinion dark magic tomes literally break the game. There's literally no reason to increase strength to be "versatile" because magic can attack in all ranges and extremely much further with a certain dark magic tome. In short, magic is all you need.

In my second playthrough, I've chosen +Str/-Luck to breed a "perfect" Lucina. Why no -Mag? Because that will decrease my speed, and that's always bad for your character.

User Info: Smothermunchie

Smothermunchie
1 month ago#3
Okay.

I'll start over again.

Thanks for posting all that I needed to know. :)

User Info: Mjolnirboi

Mjolnirboi
1 month ago#4
I'll say, though, going +Str and getting Magic but no Strength has the same odds of happening as going +Mag and getting Strength but no Magic upon leveling.
Palla is best waifu. Nohrian scum is scum.
Get Zeke'd. https://i.imgur.com/QMacACU.jpg

User Info: zhellybelly

zhellybelly
1 month ago#5
Smothermunchie posted...
So I went with Strength and a flaw in Luck as the initial two choices hoping that eventually he will become a tank.

However, my character casted spells in the beginning, and when he leveled, no bonus to strength and +1 to magic.

I would like him to eventually be overpowered in the game, so should I start over again and play the main character as a magician?

Okay, so you leveled up once without getting Strength. Boo hoo, but it happens.
The reason you "casted spells" is because you were using your equipped tome. Robin (you) starts as a Tactician, which can use both tomes and swords. If you want to use the sword... Just attack with that?

Why on earth you think that one level-up without Strength going up means you have to restart and play as a magic user, I have no idea.
Almost no character has a 100% growth rate in any stat.
Dragon Age: Inquisition - Take a moment to appreciate the fact that BioWare created a game where gay men can roleplay as either top or bottom.

User Info: Oddmutt_Eman

Oddmutt_Eman
1 month ago#6
Smothermunchie posted...

The game is fairly easy, so I wouldn't worry about it. If you are trying to get better stats without grinding, you're just going to have to deal with resetting everytime you get a bad level-up.

Personally, I think that's a boring way to play, (where's the fun without any risk or challenge?) plus you will have plenty of level-up chances in the future and your offspring(s) will have better stats than you anyways.

If you are going competitive, I want to warn you the activeness of the FE Awakening community has been waning since the game is over 5 years old now.
http://steamsignature.com/card/0/76561198066696396.png

User Info: PrinceOfArabia

PrinceOfArabia
1 month ago#7
Oddmutt_Eman posted...
Smothermunchie posted...

The game is fairly easy, so I wouldn't worry about it. If you are trying to get better stats without grinding, you're just going to have to deal with resetting everytime you get a bad level-up.

Personally, I think that's a boring way to play, (where's the fun without any risk or challenge?) plus you will have plenty of level-up chances in the future and your offspring(s) will have better stats than you anyways.

If you are going competitive, I want to warn you the activeness of the FE Awakening community has been waning since the game is over 5 years old now.

There's infinite experience in this game, and the main character starts with Veteran, so maxing him/her out is a piece of cake. A single reeking box can net you 2-3 levels when going solo even if you out level them by, like, 40 levels.

If we were talking about an older fire emblem game, then yeah, sure, but this one? I maxed Robin, Chrom, Morgan, and Lucina in a single day and got all the skills I wanted.

Since max stats are determined by what you choose at the start of the game and you can't change that later, and since your children will inherit a portion of your stats, then it's pretty much the ONLY thing that you actually need to worry about beside choosing brides ofc.

I have to agree with the game being super easy though as you can power level at any point you want to abuse the game mechanics, but that's only if you want to. Playing legit on Lunatic is still very hard because of RNG. The game difficulty and whether TC wants to challenge himself or not are both irrelevant, TC wants to make a "perfect" build, and there's no need for him to justify his purpose as to why he wants to do that. A lot of us enjoy the thought of making overpowered characters.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived