Anything to know before playing?

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Anything to know before playing?

User Info: Maetch

Maetch
4 weeks ago#11
Endgame posted...
Step one: Use Nosferatu.

Step two: Win.

You forgot adding Galeforce to that list.

User Info: Luminozero

Luminozero
4 weeks ago#12
I will give the best advice in this topic.

Leave.

The game does a good enough job explaining itself. Don't worry about optimizing and just have a fun time using whatever units you want.

You only get one first time through a game.
Democracy is a theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it, good and hard.
-H.L. Mencken
jothki posted...
I'd strongly recommend playing on Casual unless you know in advance exactly what you're getting into. If you play on Classic, you'll either be constantly resetting whenever someone dies, or locking yourself out of content (including entire levels and recruitable characters) whenever someone dies.

lmfao no

awakening is b**** easy even to newcomers
Mistranslation, plot hole, or bad writing?
When characters get to S-Rank support, they get married (and each character can only get married once). Some people don't realize this and find it to be a surprise.

Definitely play Classic mode, permanent death and having to play in a careful manner so that no characters die is a staple of the series. Even Hard/Classic wouldn't be too bad for a first timer, though it probably will be challenging.

Sometimes you will have non-boss enemies with unique portraits and names that will talk before the battle starts, you can talk to them in battle with someone in your army to recruit them.

Awakening isn't too punishing in terms of missable things as far as Fire Emblem goes.
#1 Flora Fan: http://the-secret-shop.tumblr.com/image/144376869209
FEH Team: Wendy Hector BK Ayra /// FGO: Tamamo/Tamamo Cat/Medusa/Okita/Scathach/Gil

User Info: kirbserker

kirbserker
4 weeks ago#15
Luminozero posted...

Leave.

The game does a good enough job explaining itself. Don't worry about optimizing and just have a fun time using whatever units you want.

Have the tactician land the final blow. That's all I'm gonna say as pretty much everything else has been said. Actually one more thing make sure a Unit's best skill is in the last slot at all times. Especially when starting a paralogue.
You ever wondered, you know really wondered?

User Info: MonadoGuy25

MonadoGuy25
2 weeks ago#17
LagoonTheCursed posted...
jothki posted...
I'd strongly recommend playing on Casual unless you know in advance exactly what you're getting into. If you play on Classic, you'll either be constantly resetting whenever someone dies, or locking yourself out of content (including entire levels and recruitable characters) whenever someone dies.

lmfao no

awakening is b**** easy even to newcomers

User Info: Teddybearsolid

Teddybearsolid
2 weeks ago#18
GraphG posted...
Ignore Endgame. They do not know how to have fun

Yeah, this.
3DS Friend Code: 1908 - 1584 - 4791
#GohanWillBeatJiren

User Info: Teddybearsolid

Teddybearsolid
2 weeks ago#19
kirbserker posted...
Luminozero posted...

Leave.

This is the best advice I think I've seen on this site. Not just on this topic, but like, ever.
3DS Friend Code: 1908 - 1584 - 4791
#GohanWillBeatJiren
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Anything to know before playing?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.