Hint of Western Release

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 4
  3. Hint of Western Release

User Info: ShinigamigodX

ShinigamigodX
4 years ago#1
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/10/31/capcom-2-million-sales-for-monster-hunter-4-re6-drops-to-6-million/

A few paragraphs in they talk about sales in japan alone, which may lead to them saying there will be a localization of MH4. Makes you think after reading it.
3DS FC: 3136 - 7465 - 9458
The official name is Jinouga. Screw what Capcom says, its Jinouga.

User Info: pingomalik

pingomalik
4 years ago#2
"Second, we have Capcom’s sales forecast for Monster Hunter 4, scheduled to release on the Nintendo 3DS in March 2013. By the end of March, Capcom expect to sell 2 million copies of Monster Hunter 4 in Japan alone."

Yeah. My hopes are up a bit because of that.
(V) (;,,;) (V)
---

User Info: Zendaik

Zendaik
4 years ago#3
"Japan alone" is just the writer's words. He was just trying to put emphasis on the fact that they expect a lot of sales in one territory. Doesn't really mean anything.

But I'm not worried about MH4's localization.
Monster Hunter Tri, Kid Icarus: Uprising IDs: Kirolos

User Info: ShinigamigodX

ShinigamigodX
4 years ago#4
Zendaik posted...
"Japan alone" is just the writer's words. He was just trying to put emphasis on the fact that they expect a lot of sales in one territory. Doesn't really mean anything.

Still, it does give us a little more hope. BUT, I want to say this. Knowing Capcom, it will probably be a year from the time its released. So people have been warned (kinda) and if theres any complaining... then...ugh..

But back to the topic, I don't think MH4 will have a problem being released in the west, its just a matter of when and if we actually get MH4 or a MH4F or Unite version instead.
3DS FC: 3136 - 7465 - 9458
The official name is Jinouga. Screw what Capcom says, its Jinouga.

User Info: CrmsnFatalis96

CrmsnFatalis96
4 years ago#5
ShinigamigodX posted...
Still, it does give us a little more hope. BUT, I want to say this. Knowing Capcom, it will probably be a year from the time its released. So people have been warned (kinda) and if theres any complaining... then...ugh..

But back to the topic, I don't think MH4 will have a problem being released in the west, its just a matter of when and if we actually get MH4 or a MH4F or Unite version instead.

If they make us wait a year, I hope they pull a MH3U and release an HD version on the Wii U with cross-platform play.

User Info: Haderia

Haderia
4 years ago#6
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd is THE best selling PSP game of all time with sales of over 4 million in the only country it came out with, and we still didn't get it. But I'm sure we'll get it anyway since it's a new generation.

User Info: ZXpenguinlord

ZXpenguinlord
4 years ago#7
ShinigamigodX posted...
Zendaik posted...

I just want to say that I agree with your sig.
Meep.

User Info: tallgeeseIV

tallgeeseIV
4 years ago#8
Haderia posted...
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd is THE best selling PSP game of all time with sales of over 4 million in the only country it came out with, and we still didn't get it. But I'm sure we'll get it anyway since it's a new generation.

Haven't they been over this? they wanted to do a PSP & PS3 HD release but Sony was being difficult about it, so they just decided to go with 3DS & WiiU HD instead.
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/9742/fodderkg8.png
-_-'

User Info: Haderia

Haderia
4 years ago#9
Haderia posted...

Haven't they been over this? they wanted to do a PSP & PS3 HD release but Sony was being difficult about it, so they just decided to go with 3DS & WiiU HD instead.

I thought that was only the HD version because of something adhoc related.

User Info: pingomalik

pingomalik
4 years ago#10
Haderia posted...
Haderia posted...

I thought that was only the HD version because of something adhoc related.

It was about adhoc. Sony refused to update stuff.

Really wish it was localized.
(V) (;,,;) (V)
---
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 4
  3. Hint of Western Release

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived