Game says "There Is No Save Data" when there clearly is one.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sonic Generations
  3. Game says "There Is No Save Data" when there clearly is one.

User Info: BurningSticks

BurningSticks
4 years ago#1
So I played this game for a bit (Windows & 64 bit) and everything was working fine, until I turned on my computer and for some reason I had to make a new save file. Not a big deal I'll just replay a few levels, but as soon as I get back to where I was, I turn on my computer the next day to find that...
THE SAME DAMN THING HAD HAPPENED.
I don't know why this happens, I can see the sonic.sav clear as day, but the game seems to disagree with me. I've scoured the internet for solutions, but it seems like the cure-all is to simply run in administrator mode (which I was already doing).

Does anyone know why the game can't read my save file and if there's anything I can do to fix/prevent it?

User Info: sonicteam2k1

sonicteam2k1
4 years ago#2
try deleting the save file from the root folder (sonic generations folder) and then start a new game. I had to delete the config file just to get the game to play.
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
  1. Boards
  2. Sonic Generations
  3. Game says "There Is No Save Data" when there clearly is one.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived