Sad to see this board dead

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. South Park: The Stick of Truth
  3. Sad to see this board dead

User Info: FooFightersFan

FooFightersFan
1 year ago#31
I splurged and bought a PS4 2 weeks ago. I was at the store getting stuff for my girlfriend for Valentine's Day, and bought myself a PS4. I thought I'd get myself a nice V-day gift.

There are only 2 games that have been announced for PS4 that I really want to play. The new South Park game and the FFVII remake. I'm actually much more excited for South Park, but I feel obligated to see what they've done to the game.

I'd also be interested in a new Elder Scrolls game, and a sequel to any number of older series' of games (Breath of Fire, Suikoden)

User Info: Swordy_McStab

Swordy_McStab
1 year ago#32
Hopefully it won't disappoint you.
Friend's Mito Awareness Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=V8kLaoNUxI0

FooFightersFan
1 year ago#33
The PS4? Or the South Park game? I am having some fun with Black Ops 3 and you have to get PS+ so they throw free games at you once a month or something. You can download them and play them for as long as you are subscribed.

If South Park is done by Matt and Trey then I don't think it will disappoint. There are some tv episodes that miss the mark and/or fall flat, but there are still a handful of good jokes and they are entertaining to watch. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen an episode of SP that I disliked.

User Info: Taishi Ci CCR

Taishi Ci CCR
1 year ago#34
Just started playing this. Love all the references in this game. I think I might go for the Platinum. It will probably take multiple playthroughs. I picked Thief (I always go Rogue/Archer/Thief in RPGs), but I hear Mage is best followed by Jew. I honestly almost picked Jew... Lol.

Anyway, I'm at the "Sneak into Taco Bell" part but keep getting caught by the guards even when they look away... You say it's a short game. I don't know. I think it's pretty big. I'm trying to do all the Side Quests (That Super Boss Al Gore... WTF?! Thank you broken bottle + Fire attachment!) and trying to go back for treasure after getting certain abilities Teleporting. Given my progression of the story so far, how much of the game would you say I've completed? 50%? 60%? Just curious because you keep saying it's short. :/
Victims, aren't we all?
You guys on this board can be a little biased...

FooFightersFan
1 year ago#35
Just started playing this. Love all the references in this game. I think I might go for the Platinum. It will probably take multiple playthroughs. I picked Thief (I always go Rogue/Archer/Thief in RPGs), but I hear Mage is best followed by Jew. I honestly almost picked Jew... Lol.

I recommend going for platinum - there are only a couple tedious ones, but the accomplishments usually feel good (collecting all the friends, chinpokomon etc.). The only one I didn't care for was all the gear, but it wasn't too bad. I used Thief my first time through as well and really enjoyed it.

part but keep getting caught by the guards even when they look away...

Is this where you have to use the Sneaky Squeaker to move them? That one can be annoying. You have to get the position of the fart explosion just right. Keep at it.

You say it's a short game. I don't know. I think it's pretty big. I'm trying to do all the Side Quests

The game really isn't short for your first time through if you aren't using a guide and you're exploring everywhere, and you're returning to each place each time you get a new ability. The "its short" point really only applies on subsequent playthroughs because you know what to look for and what abilities you need to access certain areas, etc. Plus, you'll probably skip some of the dialogue and won't spend as much time farting on NPCs and such, which allows you to breeze through the game pretty quickly.

I'd say you're a little less than halfway through the game. Keep having fun and let us know how it goes!

FooFightersFan
1 year ago#36
Bump. This topic is going strong, don't want to let it die yet.

I check on The Fractured But Whole every month or two, and I'm not surprised that I don't see any updates. I'm looking forward to the game I'm not dying to play it. I'm hoping this game is in the same vein as The Stick of Truth, a turn-based RPG, but I'm sure whatever they do will be fun. I just hope they don't make it real-time actiony. There are so many of those games, a turn based RPG set in South Park is so refreshing. The other thing that people forget is that the ATB can actually be a lot more versatile than it seems.

User Info: BudgemsBeard

BudgemsBeard
1 year ago#37
Going to start a Jew for the first time!
PSN:ItsBudgemYall

FooFightersFan
1 year ago#38
Nice. Gonna go for any stuff you missed the first time around?

BudgemsBeard
1 year ago#39
Yes, obviously, the "Are We Cool" trophy and some other things I missed.

BudgemsBeard
1 year ago#40
I absolutely hate that the level ca is 15.!!
  1. Boards
  2. South Park: The Stick of Truth
  3. Sad to see this board dead

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived