How exactly do you use the bow and arrow?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Last of Us
  3. How exactly do you use the bow and arrow?

User Info: Moonbathing

Moonbathing
4 years ago#1
Why is it that whenever I try to use the bow and arrow, it aims at the ground and not at an enemy? Is that the way it's supposed to work or am I doing something wrong?

User Info: XIIIFinal

XIIIFinal
4 years ago#2
Hold L1
XBL ; Bakunetsu Break.
PSN ; OdinExEterna

User Info: notamonkey

notamonkey
4 years ago#3
doing something wrong.. tho i dont even know what you are doing.

equip bow, hold L1 to draw it back. R1 to fire.
Site: mugenmonkey.com
PSN: thedarkgear

User Info: Phoenix6248

Phoenix6248
4 years ago#4
Moonbathing posted...
Why is it that whenever I try to use the bow and arrow, it aims at the ground and not at an enemy? Is that the way it's supposed to work or am I doing something wrong?

Aim it up until you see a bright white dot on the enemy. Also, let Joel finish pulling it back before letting go. If you hit any unarmored enemy when they aren't actively hunting you, its a one hit kill.
You don't get it, son. This isn't a mud hole. It's an operating table. And I'm the surgeon.

User Info: pvmjr

pvmjr
4 years ago#5
Phoenix6248 posted...
Moonbathing posted...

Aim it up until you see a bright white dot on the enemy. Also, let Joel finish pulling it back before letting go. If you hit any unarmored enemy when they aren't actively hunting you, its a one hit kill.

This must have something to do with range and/or where you hit them. I was playing earlier today and from a distance was needing to use 2 arrows to take down a single runner. They were less than what I would consider to be critical hits though, like s shoulder shot followed by a hit to the midsection. I'm also only playing on normal difficulty.

Seems as though that when I've been a bit closer is when it will result in a one shot kill.

User Info: Limecat

Limecat
4 years ago#6
that's the arc

aim higher lol

User Info: Razor2602

Razor2602
4 years ago#7
Bow on MP is so ridiculously different
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA
  1. Boards
  2. The Last of Us
  3. How exactly do you use the bow and arrow?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived