How do you do jinpachi's mid-air grab?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tekken Tag Tournament 2
  3. How do you do jinpachi's mid-air grab?

User Info: -TigerJackson-

-TigerJackson-
4 years ago#1
when you do his flying stance, where his body flickers, and press 1+2+2 (or something like that), it would do a mid-air grab sometimes, where he flies high into the air and powerbombs the opponent. I checked the movelist, it says to do it while the opponent is in mid-air. I've done it before, but have been trying to redo it but can't do it at all. What am i doing wrong?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/652997-tekken-tag-tournament-2/63435382
"Knocc em down"- Taizuku

User Info: JFazYankees

JFazYankees
4 years ago#2
It's a just frame, requires literally perfect timing

User Info: LilRoss2k3

LilRoss2k3
4 years ago#3
i've just picked up jinpachi. it's not that hard...it just requires the opponent to be in a next to impossible to achieve air-bound state. it's a VERY situational move...seeing as how jinpachi has literally NO good launchers.
PSN ID-SouthShallRise-Check my YouTube for Tekken/SF vids
youtube.com/user/lilross2k6

User Info: ZafinaFan

ZafinaFan
4 years ago#4
JFazYankees posted...
It's a just frame, requires literally perfect timing
Wouldn't say it requires perfect timing. If you can do Demo Man with Paul you can do Jinpachi's FLY 1,2,2:2 (I think that's the notation).

EDIT:

LilRoss2k3 posted...
i've just picked up jinpachi. it's not that hard...it just requires the opponent to be in a next to impossible to achieve air-bound state. it's a VERY situational move...seeing as how jinpachi has literally NO good launchers.

wat

Jinpachi has a i14 df2 that leads into roughly half life or possibly more depending on the partner or distance from a wall. Yeah it's -12 on block, but if they start to punish it, just finish it out.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

User Info: -TigerJackson-

-TigerJackson-
4 years ago#5
the times where i happened to pull it off is when i do his rising+1 launcher, then fly 1+2+2+2,( if that's the correct notation), then it would happen. still, only a couple times i managed to get it
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/652997-tekken-tag-tournament-2/63435382
"Knocc em down"- Taizuku

User Info: tekkenaddict23

tekkenaddict23
4 years ago#6
Correct notation is FLY 1, 1, 2, 2.

Yeah it is a just frame command but it's not that hard to do. Just press the second 2 when he's about to connect his first 2. Input is a bit stricter than Paul's demo man.

User Info: LilRoss2k3

LilRoss2k3
4 years ago#7
i wouldn't doubt if i was wrong...but it seems his only standard launcher requires you to duck...rising 2. it's pretty slow. DF 2 is great but it launches in a non-conventional way.
PSN ID-SouthShallRise-Check my YouTube for Tekken/SF vids
youtube.com/user/lilross2k6

User Info: ZafinaFan

ZafinaFan
4 years ago#8
LilRoss2k3 posted...
i wouldn't doubt if i was wrong...but it seems his only standard launcher requires you to duck...rising 2. it's pretty slow. DF 2 is great but it launches in a non-conventional way.

Non-conventional? df2, u4, b1+2 into your combo (the first three hits do like 55 dmg by themselves)
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

User Info: lol_what

lol_what
4 years ago#9
you can also do df2 -> df 1,1 -> df 3,1

and if they start trying to duck the df2 you can just do the 1 followup into df 3,1 or what have you

User Info: BARONATRON

BARONATRON
4 years ago#10
Juggle into FLY 1,1,2 and then press 2 when the last move hits them.
PSN: Baronatron
  1. Boards
  2. Tekken Tag Tournament 2
  3. How do you do jinpachi's mid-air grab?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Lee combo helprhinoman1147/5 2:36PM