Is it worth even trying to play this online as a casual?

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tekken Tag Tournament 2
  3. Is it worth even trying to play this online as a casual?

User Info: ToastyAnakin

ToastyAnakin
4 weeks ago#1
I had a lot of fun back in 2012 to 2013 when I played this. But now I am trying to get rid of some of my old PS3 games to reduce clutter.

I managed to get this for free on xbox one/360. I know obviously that probably nobody plays on xbox but If I go back to play this classic it would probably be for offline play not online.

Still. do you think I should stick with the ps3 version with more players? Or at this point it doesn't matter?
"if gears can be done on the 360, than any game can be done on the 360" (Wisdom_Cube) "I am the content doesn't inst rest me yet"(theroc500)

User Info: BattleAxeRX

BattleAxeRX
4 weeks ago#2
Recently played on xblive. It's alive! I was able to win a match.
And i am not a casual, but a newbie. I came from soul calibur to this and now it's hard to go back. Managed to learn alisa (over the course of a couple months) and get somewhat decent against local players.

Cool game. Tag mode is a little overwhelming and/or deep, but it's a cool looking feature.

Bottom line : play with your preferred controller. Ps3 might have more activity online.
Resonance of Fate is the best JRPG you never played! MERRY CHRISTMAS!
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: spankybread

spankybread
3 weeks ago#3
The X1 is backwards compatible, or so I hear, so I expect there would be some people on due to that. Wish the PS4 had that instead of PSNow or whatever it's called. On the PS3 there're people still playing in my region (EU) on a daily basis. I prefer the PS3... free online is nice.
hanky-panky
spanky-spanky

ToastyAnakin
3 weeks ago#4
spankybread posted...
The X1 is backwards compatible, or so I hear, so I expect there would be some people on due to that. Wish the PS4 had that instead of PSNow or whatever it's called. On the PS3 there're people still playing in my region (EU) on a daily basis. I prefer the PS3... free online is nice.

It works. I got it for free on my xbox one. But I still don't expect the population to match the PS3 version
"if gears can be done on the 360, than any game can be done on the 360" (Wisdom_Cube) "I am the content doesn't inst rest me yet"(theroc500)

User Info: Vamp_Wraith

Vamp_Wraith
2 weeks ago#5
Tag 2 is such a complex game. But not always in a good way. Still, revisiting it with fresh eyes, it's truly a great game which hopefully will still maintain some kind of an active community for the years to come. Atleast until Tag 3 comes, that's for sure!
"The way I see it, you can either run from the past, or learn from it!" -- Rafiki, Lion King =D

User Info: ThePWBPoster

ThePWBPoster
5 days ago#6
Vamp_Wraith posted...
Tag 2 is such a complex game. But not always in a good way. Still, revisiting it with fresh eyes, it's truly a great game which hopefully will still maintain some kind of an active community for the years to come. At least until Tag 3 comes, that's for sure!

Tag 3 should at least hold off for another 6 years, the gap between Tag 1 and Tag 2 was rightfully done
What you looking at?

ToastyAnakin
5 days ago#7
ThePWBPoster posted...
Vamp_Wraith posted...
Tag 2 is such a complex game. But not always in a good way. Still, revisiting it with fresh eyes, it's truly a great game which hopefully will still maintain some kind of an active community for the years to come. At least until Tag 3 comes, that's for sure!

Tag 3 should at least hold off for another 6 years, the gap between Tag 1 and Tag 2 was rightfully done

Tag 3 will be be a longer wait than even the 10/11 years between tag 1 and 2 because they took so long to port T7 to consoles

User Info: ThePWBPoster

ThePWBPoster
4 days ago#8
ToastyAnakin posted...
ThePWBPoster posted...
Vamp_Wraith posted...

Tag 3 will be be a longer wait than even the 10/11 years between tag 1 and 2 because they took so long to port T7 to consoles

Well worth it.
What you looking at?
  1. Boards
  2. Tekken Tag Tournament 2
  3. Is it worth even trying to play this online as a casual?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

More topics from this board...
Getting back into thisLord_Wombat1010/16 12:46AM