How long can you ignore missions before they go away?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. XCOM: Enemy Unknown
  3. How long can you ignore missions before they go away?

User Info: amagucherin

amagucherin
4 years ago#1
I always immediately go to abductions and UFO landings right away, but if possible I'd like to be able to take a day or so sometimes so that my men can heal up before I accept the mission. I've been to afraid to try it out myself so I'd appreciate any feedback.

On a related note, does anything bad happen from ignoring UFO's, either with interceptions or landings?

User Info: MooseUpNorth

MooseUpNorth
4 years ago#2
Until the moment you press the ignore button, I'm afraid.

User Info: Angry_Scientist

Angry_Scientist
4 years ago#3
You can, at the very least, back out. As long as you don't progress much, you can go back in. How long that lasts, I don't know. But I have backed out of requests, crashes, and briefings to save before going, as well as ensure my equipment was good.
Simple solutions to complex problems.
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn100/Mad_Scientist08/Sigs/shantaefull8gz.gif

User Info: Poppadop

Poppadop
4 years ago#4
This batch of abduction missions stays up for about 11 hours, so you have a little time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FUDvEoamWM#t=21m28s
"Today, science fiction - tomorrow, science fact." ~ Isaac Asimov
"What's the point of living if you don't believe in anything?" ~ Me

User Info: socksforyou

socksforyou
4 years ago#5
On a related note, does anything bad happen from ignoring UFO's, either with interceptions or landings?

I did this a couple times and noticed that it affects your monthly rating (letter grade), and also the level of panic will rise a little in the nation where the UFOs appeared.

User Info: Yuccadude87

Yuccadude87
4 years ago#6
Ignored UFO's can also come back to shoot down your satellite, which hasn't happened to me, but I assume is the worst.
H-He's like a bear! He's like a big shaved bear that hates people! - The Scout
  1. Boards
  2. XCOM: Enemy Unknown
  3. How long can you ignore missions before they go away?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived