Heavy: Supression, Danger Zone, Mayhem

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. XCOM: Enemy Unknown
  3. Heavy: Supression, Danger Zone, Mayhem

User Info: Lunatic_Faker

Lunatic_Faker
4 years ago#1
Do these stack? Like if I suppress multiple aliens with Danger Zone does Mayhem let be do damage to all of them?

User Info: Edalborez

Edalborez
4 years ago#2
I haven't used Danger Zone, does it actually target multiple enemies or just one? Does it hit enemies nearby a Suppressed target when it moves? I wouldn't think that it would allow Mayhem to hit multiple enemies.

Edit: And proven wrong, I am. Will have to do this with a Heavy on my next playthrough. Mayhem rocks.

User Info: User232365

User232365
4 years ago#3
It does, and it is awesome. With Plasma tech, that is a guaranteed 3 damage and suppression effect to the target regardless of cover, and targets in 2 tiles in every direction from it. On Normal mode, that is enough to one-shot Drones that accompany Sectopods and Disks if they are right next to it [which they often are].
All Green.
All systems go.

User Info: igor140

igor140
4 years ago#4
i don't find mayhem very useful. it increases damage to rockets, but you only get one (or maybe a shredder, but not if you have suppression). and while i seldom used suppression at all, i can count the number of times a suppressed unit actually moved on two fingers: one was a cryssalid and the other was a berserker who had just been shot by a different unit.

conversely, an additional rocket is always useful...
without God, death is the only absolute

Edalborez
4 years ago#5
The little extra benefit to Mayhem'd Suppression: the little damaging shot always seems to hit. Helpful if facing low hit odds, or force a Berserker to move and be shot by the Suppression shot.

User Info: Lunatic_Faker

Lunatic_Faker
4 years ago#6
igor140 posted...
i don't find mayhem very useful. it increases damage to rockets, but you only get one (or maybe a shredder, but not if you have suppression). and while i seldom used suppression at all, i can count the number of times a suppressed unit actually moved on two fingers: one was a cryssalid and the other was a berserker who had just been shot by a different unit.

conversely, an additional rocket is always useful...

Also I tried out Mayhem. I got a Fusion Ball Launcher I think it's called (Basically Upgraded Rocket Launcher) It does a crap ton of damage with Mayhem.

User Info: Element_Pearl

Element_Pearl
4 years ago#7
You can force a suppressed target out of cover with Flush from an Assault. I've done this a few times and it works great.
Official Censored Element of the Fraternal Order of Monster Hunter Gentlemen.

User Info: Mitosis89

Mitosis89
4 years ago#8
i can count the number of times a suppressed unit actually moved on two fingers

I almost never use Suppression with the intent of getting a reaction shot off it. You're pinning him in place (I never see an enemy make a calculated choice on whether to move; they just never move) so he can't flank anyone in an unfortunate position, and reducing his aim so when he takes a shot somewhat safer. It's entirely a defensive skill, not offensive. Works great on enemies you're trying to capture too.

User Info: Zorlond

Zorlond
4 years ago#9
It stacks, and it is awesome. Supression ignores hit %, reduces their accuracy, makes it unlikely that they'll move (because of opportunity fire if they do), and it also bypasses one of the more annoying alien abilities in very late-game. Even if Mayhem doesn't do much damage, it still adds up to a very nice ability to have.

Edalborez
4 years ago#10
Zorlond posted...
it also bypasses one of the more annoying alien abilities in very late-game.

Which ability is that? Is it the stupid bullet reflection that Ethereals do?
  1. Boards
  2. XCOM: Enemy Unknown
  3. Heavy: Supression, Danger Zone, Mayhem

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived