So it's pretty much guaranteed that we're not gonna be able to go to Hoenn?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. So it's pretty much guaranteed that we're not gonna be able to go to Hoenn?

User Info: SenorGauntlet

SenorGauntlet
5 years ago#1
Haven't been keeping up with this lately ;-;
Hail, hail Freedonia.

User Info: Sephirotht

Sephirotht
5 years ago#2
Pretty much from the start.
R - Burning Executive http://alturl.com/r2nxe
Official Palmer of the B2W2 Boards and claimed Ninetales

User Info: solarisjedi

solarisjedi
5 years ago#3
Kind of delusional to expect it in the first place.
Official Nidoking of the Pokemon Boards

User Info: pqlamz000

pqlamz000
5 years ago#4
It also means we're probably gonna get an independent RSE remake, and possibly+hopefully a FRLG remake
Give me something for my inventory :D
Current Inventory: @(^_^)@ ====O T-T <(^_^<) (::) monkey, spoon, miracle tears, Kirby, cookie

User Info: MegaMettaur

MegaMettaur
5 years ago#5
pqlamz000 posted...
It also means we're probably gonna get an independent RSE remake, and possibly+hopefully a FRLG remake

And why would we need a remake of a remake?
Official Video Game Character of certain boards of their respective games.
3DS FC: 2492 4510 6341, Pokemon Black FC: coming soon lol.

pqlamz000
5 years ago#6
MegaMettaur posted...
pqlamz000 posted...

Why would Gamefreak need to milk a cash cow franchise like Pokemon even more? Because they can.

"But we've already played through that game TWICE! A re-remake would be boring and it wouldn't sell," I hear people whine.

Yes, YOU have played it twice. When (and if) Blazing Fire Red and Verdant Leaf Green comes out, it will have been about a decade since FRLG's release, and about 18 years since Red and Green's release. That means it'll feel like the first remake for people under 20-ish years old, and kids under 10-ish years old will never have played any of those games. Given Pokemon's target demographic, that's a very large chunk of the fanbase. Plus, dedicated pokemaniacs, nostalgia-chasers, and people who never had a chance to play RBY and/or FRLG would be interested as well.
Current Inventory: @(^_^)@ ====O T-T <(^_^<) (::) monkey, spoon, miracle tears, Kirby, cookie

User Info: Adam_Ace

Adam_Ace
5 years ago#7
pqlamz000 posted...
MegaMettaur posted...
pqlamz000 posted...

Why would Gamefreak need to milk a cash cow franchise like Pokemon even more? Because they can.

"But we've already played through that game TWICE! A re-remake would be boring and it wouldn't sell," I hear people whine.

Yes, YOU have played it twice. When (and if) Blazing Fire Red and Verdant Leaf Green comes out, it will have been about a decade since FRLG's release, and about 18 years since Red and Green's release. That means it'll feel like the first remake for people under 20-ish years old, and kids under 10-ish years old will never have played any of those games. Given Pokemon's target demographic, that's a very large chunk of the fanbase. Plus, dedicated pokemaniacs, nostalgia-chasers, and people who never had a chance to play RBY and/or FRLG would be interested as well.

By independant remake I think he's referring to an attempt like Pokemon Shiny Gold which admittedly was amazing fun.

User Info: bd43

bd43
5 years ago#8
pqlamz000 posted...
MegaMettaur posted...
pqlamz000 posted...

IT won't happen, and certainly isn't likely on your timeline. Six games in 2 years? Ha, yeah, okay.
Thinking is overrated. Like Pants.

pqlamz000
5 years ago#9
bd43 posted...
IT won't happen, and certainly isn't likely on your timeline. Six games in 2 years? Ha, yeah, okay.

You underestimate the speed at which the franchise can be milked; Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen were released within a two year period.

User Info: MegaMettaur

MegaMettaur
5 years ago#10
pqlamz000 posted...
MegaMettaur posted...
pqlamz000 posted...

I didn't ask you why Game Freak needs to do anything. I'm asking you why WE, as in the pokemon community, need a remake of a remake.
Official Video Game Character of certain boards of their respective games.
3DS FC: 2492 4510 6341, Pokemon Black FC: coming soon lol.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. So it's pretty much guaranteed that we're not gonna be able to go to Hoenn?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
EVs explained! PLEASE READ!jayman71299/19 7:43AM