ITT: Dumb things you did the first time you played Pokemon

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. ITT: Dumb things you did the first time you played Pokemon

User Info: oznomad80

oznomad80
4 years ago#171
I caught every wild pokemon i found

User Info: Oblivon

Oblivon
4 years ago#172
JediNaruto posted...
In Silver version when the Police officer asked me what the Rival's name was, I put ??? cause I thought I would get arrested for lying to the police.

Oh Jesus, how hard I laughed at this. Thank you for that.
(^=' w '=^) meow

User Info: Zeromus_3

Zeromus_3
4 years ago#173
Pokemon Fire Red
- Gave crappy move sets.
- Only chose pokemon which look cool.

User Info: kowolf

kowolf
4 years ago#174
i went through the entire dark cave without flash cause i didnt know i was supposed to flash. maybe for like the first three playthroughs. i memorized it by the third time.

User Info: ssdanku

ssdanku
4 years ago#175
first Pokemon game i played was Blue

- After you get your first few poke balls i went back to the first route to catch a pidgey but i didnt go north to meet that old guy who teaches you how to catch a pokemon so i fainted the pidgey then was uncertain what to do next so i went into bags selected a poke ball and it gave the option "Toss" which i of course thought was toss a poke ball to catch so i threw one away and waited and waited then started walking around the area pressing A thinking i had to pick it up , walking around made me trigger another wild encounter where i realized you had to throw the poke ball during the encounter,

-Second dumbest thing i did was waste my master ball on a tentacruel cuz 1 i didnt have any more pokeballs and i hadn't seen a tentacruel up untill then so i thought they were rare and didnt want to risk having to search forever to find another one >.< lol i got chewed out by my friend who later was taking me to get mewtwo (thank god he saved b4 the fight) and during the encounter realizes i dont have the master ball i told him what i did with it and he was like What?!?! tentacool are everywhere! and i was like but it was a tentacruel! and he goes so are they! he then proceeds to pull out his game shark to get me another master ball lol

User Info: PentiumMMX

PentiumMMX
4 years ago#176
One I just remembered:

When playing Yellow for the first time, I remember catching yet another Pidgey, but my party was full, so it went into Bill's PC. However, as a kid, I honestly thought that when the game said "PIDGEY was sent to someone's PC!", that I'd come home and find a Pidgey inside the computer we had at the time
When I see dandelions, I think to myself...that stuff would itch if it got in your nose
-Gardenia (.hack//Infection)

User Info: NecrosexuaI

NecrosexuaI
4 years ago#177
I spammed Bubblebeam, Ice Beam, and Psybeam because I always loved how the beams looked and how Bubblebeam sounded. Surprisingly, wasn't a fan of Hyper Beam.
oh fffff, i still love how bubblebeam in rby sounds. like. it's my SOUND. love it. love.

alright, i had... a LOT of things when i was a kid. i got blue [and my brother got yellow] when i was six... i couldn't read at all until i was seven. you can see just where that took me. >> i couldn't read anything. pokemon actually helped me learn. anyway.

oak's parcel. didn't know it existed, never went to the mart, just thought it was another house. so i started with a squirtle. by the time my brother told me about oak's parcel, i had a blastoise from training in route 1. good times.
after that, i had no clue about pokeballs. brother told me that after brock. proceeded the rest of the game with 5 metapods and a blastoise. ha. i thought metapod was the **** because he was an evolved pokemon. lorelei absolutely walled me.

it wasn't until i got emerald right before, or right after, diamond/pearl came out that i asked on the emerald board here if my walrein's moveset was good. they took it really well and told me that i needed type coverage because all the moves were water or ice. no one flamed me, just told me to get type coverage. that was the day i never had a mon with four moves for stab, ever again. thanks, dead emerald board.

i still don't use status moves except in competitive settings.

in silver, i had a chikorita, because bulbasaur was my favourite starter in rby. he was my highest level mon. proceed butt**** by the e4. i was so upset i couldn't win, too. my second highest was a furret [who is still one of my favourite comMon and novelty mon]
likewise, in ruby, i HATED the starters. hated the **** out of them. i had a level 40 skitty before i got the moon stone off the floor in meteor falls. restarted my game to have a more balanced team. this year, i solo-ran skitty in ruby as an homage, tho.

i didn't pay ANY attention to stats until... emerald? i think? but i didn't pay that close attention until i got into diamond competitive scene. now i can't help but pay attention, and it kinda ruined it for me...

mt moon was such a nightmare for me, i spent three WEEKS in there on my second playthrough. i'd come home from school and spend aaall afternoon trying to get out. >> surprisingly, i never got tired of zubat...

i did button combos for capture, but i didn't hear they'd work from anywhere. my combo was rotating the dpad and pressing a/b [alternating] RIGHT when the ball was supposed to wiggle. i had a new combo on each game, tho. some games i press a/b rapidly and press left/right on the d-pad at the shakes. most original button combo ever.
ANGRY**** BY NATURE, CHILL BY CIGARETTES
ONE PART THE FUHRER, ONE PART THE POPE - vspominai menja - RAID ON THE CITY, KNOCK OUT, EVIL TUSKS

User Info: darknova700

darknova700
4 years ago#178
JediNaruto posted...
In Silver version when the Police officer asked me what the Rival's name was, I put ??? cause I thought I would get arrested for lying to the police.

User Info: muttal

muttal
4 years ago#179
I used MAsterball on a Ditto. Damn you, anime :<
GameFaqs....a place where people are friendly and nice to each other? You must live in a fantasy world.

User Info: COLL1N

COLL1N
4 years ago#180
me and my older bro each got red and blue version. He took my starter and my hitmonlee and left me with 2 pidgys. I eventually had 3 beefy pidgiots and I didn't even realize it until I grew up lol. I got payback on accident by using his masterball on a useless pokemon and I was still to young to even realize that...
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. ITT: Dumb things you did the first time you played Pokemon

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived