What was your first Pokemon game/generation?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. What was your first Pokemon game/generation?

User Info: Umuru

Umuru
4 years ago#11
I started with Blue and Squirtle, and stuck with Pokemon ever since... although my preference for versions was the "2nd" and "3rd" ones, I always went for Grass types.

User Info: smallpoxx

smallpoxx
4 years ago#12
Gen 1 red. I skipped the third gen because I was being lame
Don't quote me, you'll get ToS'd

User Info: RetroFanGirl

RetroFanGirl
4 years ago#13
Blue
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj34PPN6RHY

User Info: WilhuffTarkin

WilhuffTarkin
4 years ago#14
Umuru posted...
I started with Blue and Squirtle, and stuck with Pokemon ever since... although my preference for versions was the "2nd" and "3rd" ones, I always went for Grass types.

That's interesting. I ended up picking White 1 instead of Black 1 because it seemed to me that White 1 was the spiritual successor of Blue--it's the "second version," the Caterpie family is exclusive to White according to Bulbapedia, and in Blue version it was much more common to encounter Caterpie/Metapod in Viridian Forest than Weedle/Kakuna, who were more common in Red version, and are Black exclusives.

Also, because I thought Zekrom looked a bit cooler than Reshiram.
Evacuate? In our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances.

User Info: Umuru

Umuru
4 years ago#15
WilhuffTarkin posted...
Umuru posted...

That's interesting. I ended up picking White 1 instead of Black 1 because it seemed to me that White 1 was the spiritual successor of Blue--it's the "second version," the Caterpie family is exclusive to White according to Bulbapedia, and in Blue version it was much more common to encounter Caterpie/Metapod in Viridian Forest than Weedle/Kakuna, who were more common in Red version, and are Black exclusives.

Also, because I thought Zekrom looked a bit cooler than Reshiram.

That's more or less my reasoning, I suppose. I liked Pinsir over Scyther (and hated that Scyther was the one that got the evolution in second gen) and Magmar over Electabuzz so I chose Silver over Gold and stuck with it.

Of course White 2 and Black 2 decided to change up Magmar and Electabuzz on me....

So I got both.

User Info: Phantom_Nook

Phantom_Nook
4 years ago#16
Been a loyal fan since Gen 1.
GT: Tommy XD001
3DS FC: 4682-8954-0442

User Info: Jack_Jacus

Jack_Jacus
4 years ago#17
Yellow, and i am proud to say that i defeated every single gym leader only with Pikachu.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief!!! At least for now...
- Whoever wrote that book

User Info: Tayo2345

Tayo2345
4 years ago#18
Crystal, and I could never get past Morty IIRC.

Looking back, I hated that game.

Next one I got was LeafGreen and I loved it.
I don't care what you say, Generation II sucks.
That's just my opinion, no matter how true it may be.

User Info: dingo_of_jawaii

dingo_of_jawaii
4 years ago#19
Pokemon Gold/Generation 2.
PSN ID: HakubiXFire
Pokemon Black 2: 1077-8515-2944

User Info: Roy43219

Roy43219
4 years ago#20
Gold was my first, but I shortly got Blue after. Played through each gen up to date happily.
~Whoosh~
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. What was your first Pokemon game/generation?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived