is riolu only available during daytime?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. is riolu only available during daytime?

User Info: GRTooCool

GRTooCool
5 years ago#11
deathbycookies posted...
i always thought 5% = 5/100t or 1/20

so you get it once every 20 encounters...

Am i wrong?

5% means, 5%.

It means every time you get a wild battle... it's just that. 5% chance.

Now if you're talking about 20 slices of pizza, then yeah. 5% means you'll get to eat 1 slice. (There's probably a better way to explain it but I can't think of one right now.)
iRO Loki: 98/6x Sniper, 9x/50 Battle Priest, 8x/50 Priest, 8x/4x Blacksmith, 7x/4x Wizard, 7x/4x Gunslinger

User Info: banjo kazooie

banjo kazooie
5 years ago#12
GRTooCool posted...
Now if you're talking about 20 slices of pizza, then yeah. 5% means you'll get to eat 1 slice. (There's probably a better way to explain it but I can't think of one right now.)

That's 5% as a fraction of something, as opposed to 5% chance of something. If there are 20 slices of Pizza, and you have a 5% independent chance of getting each, you could end up with all or none of them.
*(int *)nullptr = 0;
http://me.veekun.com/blog/2012/04/09/php-a-fractal-of-bad-design/

User Info: GRTooCool

GRTooCool
5 years ago#13
banjo kazooie posted...
GRTooCool posted...

That's 5% as a fraction of something, as opposed to 5% chance of something. If there are 20 slices of Pizza, and you have a 5% independent chance of getting each, you could end up with all or none of them.

Thanks. That's a much better way of explaining it. =D Fraction of something as opposed to chance of something.

A 5% chance to grab a slice of pizza... yikes. I don't like those odds.
iRO Loki: 98/6x Sniper, 9x/50 Battle Priest, 8x/50 Priest, 8x/4x Blacksmith, 7x/4x Wizard, 7x/4x Gunslinger

User Info: Baseball4Lyfe85

Baseball4Lyfe85
5 years ago#14
First encounter in the ranch was a Riolu for me. Caught it just so I can train it later.
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9

User Info: ozy808

ozy808
5 years ago#15
It's rare? I kept finding the little buggers in the ranch when I was there. I took care of three in a row and then a little later caught one then stopped caring and just took them out.

I do love Lucario though (probably like 5th favorite) and so I was insanely excited when I caught one.
GT: ozy8080. Blame the OCD and autocorrect.
If your not playing a GAME for FUN your doing it wrong.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. is riolu only available during daytime?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived