Oh my, Round 6 Suspect Voting is up. (About Garchomp)
- Topic Archived
- Page 1 of 2
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
What should Smogon do? - Results (128 votes)
24.22% (31 votes)
35.16% (45 votes)
Ban Sand Veil
4.69% (6 votes)
Ban Sand Veil + Sandstream
12.5% (16 votes)
Ban Sand Veil and ban Garchomp
0.78% (1 votes)
Ban all evasion abilities under Evasion Clause
22.66% (29 votes)
This poll is now closed.
What do you think Smogon should do? If you don't like them that's fine, we could do without your "lol who cares about Smoron" crap.
Here are the options:
1. Unban Garchomp
* All forms of Garchomp, regardless of ability, are legal in OU. Sand Veil will remain unbanned.
2. Ban Garchomp
* All forms of Garchomp, regardless of ability, are banned from OU. Sand Veil will remain unbanned.
3. Ban Sand Veil
* The ability Sand Veil is banned from OU. Pokemon with the ability Sand Veil are still legal, but must use their alternate ability. Garchomp will be unbanned.
4. Ban Sand Veil + Sandstream
* A Pokemon with the ability Sand Veil and a Pokemon with the ability Sandstream may not be used on the same team. Garchomp will be unbanned.
5. Ban Sand Veil and ban Garchomp
* All forms of Garchomp, regardless of ability, are banned from OU. The ability Sand Veil is also banned from OU. Pokemon with the ability Sand Veil are still legal, but must use their alternate ability.
6. Ban all evasion abilities under Evasion Clause
* The abilities Sand Veil and Snow Cloak are banned from OU. Pokemon with the abilities Sand Veil or Snow Cloak are still legal, but must use their alternate ability. Garchomp will be unbanned.
:D Brawlin' Mains: R.O.B., Lucario, Pikachu, Wolf
Ban all evasion abilities - Sand Veil and Snow Cloak. They are just lame.
As far as I know, the only complications that arise from this is that Beartic, whose only alternate choice is Swift Swim, would be illegal with Politoed teams entirely. Of course, nobody really uses Beartic in OU, especially on rain teams, so that doesn't really matter.
I'm not sure about how well Garchomp does in Gen 5 OU, so I can't say anything about that.
And how come there is no Ban Both Evasion Abilities + Ban Chomp option?
Brightpowder and Lax Incense were banned. Sand Veil and Snow Cloak increase evasion even more than them. So, yes, ban evasion abilities.
Saix: "Kingdom Hearts... where is my heart?"
Kingdom Hearts: "...do I look like a Lost and Found to you? Try a heart transplant center!"
Don't argue with idiots as you will stoop to their level and they will beat you because of experience.
while Chomp is still a threat, tahnks to Random i've learned to deal with em, assuming there's no sand in play(and made me always carry a Yache on my own Chomp for good measure).
in sand, well, sand veil really does screw me over.... >_> but it'd be stupid to ban abilities because that'd make even stuff like Sand Veil Cacturne be in uber. which is stupid.
Proud Quitting Returner.
Volt White Shiny Hunt! Latest Caught: Lunatone Latest Bred: Beldum On The Way: Ralts
"Sand Veil Cacturne" will not be Uber. That's like saying "Moody Bidoof" is uber.
Both Cacturne and Bidoof are still usable. Also Garchomp has no counters, it's too good.
Sand Veil isn't broken, just Garchomp.
White Friend Code:- 0690 7918 2154
They should go with #6, proceed to ban dragon types and give up on tiers by developing a list of 6 acceptable Pokemon with set ivs/evs/natures/items. These Pokemon should be choosen to minimize hax and when everyone has the same team, it's all about their battle strategy!
Garchomp should be banned
There's already tons of good reasons discussed since the start of gen 5
Bladeon - the steel type Eeveelution
2 - Ban Garchomp
4 - Ban Sand Veil + Sandstream
5 - Ban Sand Veil and Garchomp
1 - Unban Garchomp
3 - Ban Sand Veil
6 - Ban all weather dodge abilities
Weather dodge abilities are annoying to fight, but they're not gamebreaking in any way except for the fact that Garchomp has one. Garchomp is ridicubroken even without Sand Veil and is the only reason Sand Veil is being tested in the first place.
Therefore, my preference is to keep Garchomp out of OU and let the other Sand Veil users keep doing their thing.
I claim to be the official Porygon2 of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
Scientist MileRun: WaRy associate
Add user to Ignore List after reporting