Pokemon Special Abilities

  • Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. Pokemon Special Abilities

User Info: sirnavy

sirnavy
4 years ago#1
When you breed a Pokemon with its special ability, does the subsequent hatched Pokemon from this breeding get that special ability?

User Info: NessEggman

NessEggman
4 years ago#2
Not always.

If the mother has the hidden ability, there is a 60% chance the baby will have it.
And if you breed with a Ditto, it will NOT have the special ability.
Just wake me up when Tokimeki Memorial 4 is announced.
g Rod "hing RodCopper Fishin For fishing.

User Info: NessEggman

NessEggman
4 years ago#3
And if the mother doesn't have the hidden ability, the baby never will, even if the father has it. If the mother has a regular ability, the baby has an 80% chance of having that ability and 20% of having the other ability (if there are two). If there's only one normal ability, of course it will always have that.

If you breed with Ditto and the Pokemon normally has two normal abilities, the chance will be 50% of either, no matter the mom's ability.
Just wake me up when Tokimeki Memorial 4 is announced.
g Rod "hing RodCopper Fishin For fishing.

User Info: NessEggman

NessEggman
4 years ago#4
And this pertains to BW2 only. BW1 had random abilities for babies, and only a 40% chance to get the hidden ability on a baby from a mother who had it, and a non-Ditto father iirc.
Just wake me up when Tokimeki Memorial 4 is announced.
g Rod "hing RodCopper Fishin For fishing.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. Pokemon Special Abilities

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
EVs explained! PLEASE READ!jayman71286/7 11:42AM