Moveset for a Growlithe/Arcanine?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. Moveset for a Growlithe/Arcanine?

User Info: digiblaster

digiblaster
4 years ago#1
I've got a level 44 Growlithe at the moment, and I'm debating what moves I should give it. At the moment it knows Flamethrower, Crunch, Heat Wave and Outrage. I'm also planning on Thunder Fang when I evolve it. However, I'm torn as to whether I should get Flare Blitz or not; I didn't realise the recoil was quite as bad as it is.

What would you recommend? (I'll probably only be using it in-game).

User Info: ChaChaCharizard

ChaChaCharizard
4 years ago#2
When you evolve it, take to the Move Relearner and give it ExtremeSpeed. Having priority is nice.

User Info: psicat1976

psicat1976
4 years ago#3
Yes. Personally I've found Flamethrower, Outrage, Thunder Fang, and ExtremeSpeed to be a great moveset for Arcanine.

User Info: Dark_Einherjar

Dark_Einherjar
4 years ago#4
Wild Charge > Thunder Fang
Saix: "Kingdom Hearts... where is my heart?"
Kingdom Hearts: "...do I look like a Lost and Found to you? Try a heart transplant center!"

digiblaster
4 years ago#5
psicat1976 posted...
Yes. Personally I've found Flamethrower, Outrage, Thunder Fang, and ExtremeSpeed to be a great moveset for Arcanine.

I hadn't even considered ExtremeSpeed. Is Flamethrower enough then? I wasn't sure whether it would have been worth taking the hit on recoil for a little more damage.

User Info: hors_doeuvres

hors_doeuvres
4 years ago#6
Get Flare Blitz. Just switch out or use potions when low on health.
3DS: 3179-7514-8675

User Info: gmartinez4016

gmartinez4016
4 years ago#7
my arcanine knows flareblitz, wild charge, extremespeed and outrage. im very satisfied with it. you should give it a try.

User Info: psicat1976

psicat1976
4 years ago#8
digiblaster posted...
psicat1976 posted...

I hadn't even considered ExtremeSpeed. Is Flamethrower enough then? I wasn't sure whether it would have been worth taking the hit on recoil for a little more damage.

Mostly it's just personal preference. Most people prefer Flare Blitz, but I find Flamethrower to be more than good enough, and I rather hate having two attacks with negative effects and prefer Outrage. Same reason I tend to stick with Thunder Fang instead of Wild Charge.

digiblaster
4 years ago#9
Ok, I'll be taking Flamethrower and Outrage - just need to decide the other two moves; I've got a choice of Thunder Fang, Crunch and Extremespeed. I know Extremespeed would be good, but I'm a bit concerned about the low PP. Is it really that good that it's worth sacrificing Thunder Fang or Crunch?

User Info: Brandon042487

Brandon042487
4 years ago#10
I like to use extremespeed as a finish move, thunder fang will give you coverage against water types
Ven a mi novato
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. Moveset for a Growlithe/Arcanine?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived