Who here has never encountered a wild shiny?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. Who here has never encountered a wild shiny?

User Info: GastroFan

GastroFan
4 years ago#31
I encountered a shiny Wurmple in Heart Gold during the bug catching contest and a second in White 1 on Route 15, a shiny Tyranitar. Before that I didn't run into any unless someone gave me one in trade; haven't bumped into a shiny in White 2 either.

Official Cresselia of the B/W2 Boards; when will there be an official Cresselia event?
Official Darkrai of the PMD: Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth Board

User Info: ShadowEspionage

ShadowEspionage
4 years ago#32
I have never encountered a shiny (besides Gyarados) and I started with Pokemon Red.
I'm fairly confident that the CoD series can't get any worse than Black Ops. Unless, of course... Treyarch makes Black Ops 2... zombie95

User Info: Kitsune_Shinra

Kitsune_Shinra
4 years ago#33
Only shiny I ever found in the wild instead of being given was a shiny swinub back in crystal. I caught it cuz I thought it was a mess up in my game. Then I learned what a shiny was and the chances to get one, and was thrilled.
White FC: 2064 8774 3275 name : Janelle
White 2 FC : 4342 0616 9985 name: Janelle

User Info: xyzman

xyzman
4 years ago#34
No shinies besides the obvious event ones in GSC. Game gods must hate me much for promotion of cheating back in R/S days. Or maybe because I am color-blind and miss obvious color differences that other people notice. Or because as soon as I get access to Super Repels, I use them as much as I can.
In vodka veritas

User Info: Missingno_Mastr

Missingno_Mastr
4 years ago#35
MogMoogle1 posted...
Missingno_Mastr posted...
I wish you all luck, as it's truly a great feeling to find a Shiny in the wild. I know this from experience, but for the sake of not inciting jealousy, I'm not going to say much more than that.

Maybe... unless this happens to you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRt-SMFnKZI&hd=1

Ah. Make no mistake, I'm no stranger to when Shiny encounters go bad. My very first Shiny encounter? I couldn't catch it. It was a Zigzagoon, but not at the beginning of the game- no, this one appeared immediately after I wasted all my Poke Balls on a Manectric. Then there was the Ditto in Gold I had to watch Struggle itself to death after I ran out of Poke Balls in the attempt to catch it... And the Crawdaunt in the Battle Tower... Ugh, and the Ekans in the Safari Zone, I don't think I need to go into detail on that one.
I can help a dull day go by so much faster,
For I'm the rhyming fiend known as Missingno. Master.

User Info: kwando1313

kwando1313
4 years ago#36
I have never seen a wild shiny. However, I have somehow contracted Pokérus. Weird, huh.
"[Soccer] is like chess, only without the dice." -Lukas Podolski

User Info: NeoNaviZero

NeoNaviZero
4 years ago#37
Only ones I've gotten without the aid of the Poké Radar are a Carvanha (accidentally deleted the Emerald file with it. :( ) and a Ledian in the Dreamyard in White.

Had to actually use the Master Ball on Ledian when it got to low health since it knew Double-Edge.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

User Info: Brandon042487

Brandon042487
4 years ago#38
The only shiny I've encountered that wasn't scripted was a Numel in Sapphire and I caught it where I squeed about it in the lunch room

I nerd in public, I'm actually at a McDonald's playing Pokemon on my 3DS.
I live in Alabama.
Roll Tide/War Eagle

User Info: yzman

yzman
4 years ago#39
I was able to sign this until Platinum. In the safari zone of that game I found a shiny jigglypuff. Luckily I caught it and it didn't run as those pokes always do in that horrible zone...
"As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away."

User Info: Magmasta

Magmasta
4 years ago#40
I've never encountered a shiny on gen five apart from the ones that are given or can be interacted with.

Although I'm only 40hrs in so it's understandable I suppose, and I haven't really grinded much, but I didn't use one repel the whole game aside from the ones in dustcloud missions.

I should have encountered one dang it!

But yea I've seen several in earlier instalments
Bowser is a Tarasque and Magmar is a legend
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. Who here has never encountered a wild shiny?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived