Pokemon can sometimes be a cruel game.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. Pokemon can sometimes be a cruel game.

User Info: MrFingers07

MrFingers07
4 years ago#1
*On Showdown, I need 2000 points to get voting rights*

*Gets to 1998*
*Enters battle*
*Loses to hax*
*Loses about 38 points while only gaining 3-7 points each game.*

;-;
:D Brawlin' Mains: R.O.B., Lucario, Pikachu, Wolf

User Info: AnaTheCat

AnaTheCat
4 years ago#2
That's not pokemon, that's showdown or whatever the fudge.

User Info: Roc_Raida

Roc_Raida
4 years ago#3
Oh cry some more. -_-
Seeing Raymond Feltons QUALITY DONG extinguish MY FACE reminds me that I want to get BUTTDEVASTATED more by Amare and Carmelo.

User Info: MrFingers07

MrFingers07
4 years ago#4
That's not pokemon, that's showdown or whatever the fudge.

Same thing mang.

Oh cry some more. -_-

I would but the tears won't come out and nice sig there.
:D Brawlin' Mains: R.O.B., Lucario, Pikachu, Wolf

User Info: _KGC_

_KGC_
4 years ago#5
Sigh, this happened to me as well. Just one point away from getting to 2000 then I go one a losing streak.

It pisses me off that every time I win it's 3 points, but when I lose it's 20. I literally have to win 6 games out of 7 just to gain some points. It sucks when I see people with losing records getting to 2000 with ease. :/
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
- Yogi Berra

User Info: Monster_Slasher

Monster_Slasher
4 years ago#6
_KGC_ posted...
Sigh, this happened to me as well. Just one point away from getting to 2000 then I go one a losing streak.

It pisses me off that every time I win it's 3 points, but when I lose it's 20. I literally have to win 6 games out of 7 just to gain some points. It sucks when I see people with losing records getting to 2000 with ease. :/

How does that work? Doesn't everybody start at zero when a new suspect test begins?
I haven't used this account in a while and lost gfaqs9 ;_;

User Info: OrangeCrush980

OrangeCrush980
4 years ago#7
The Battle Factory is much crueler than everything else in Pokemon combined.
Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality

User Info: Gastroid

Gastroid
4 years ago#8
Gotta separate the wheat from the chaff somehow, I suppose. The most efficient method? Probably not.
Gearoid
Gear-variant Android

User Info: _KGC_

_KGC_
4 years ago#9
_KGC_ posted...

How does that work? Doesn't everybody start at zero when a new suspect test begins?

Everyone starts at 1000. The points you get depends on your opponent, and what pisses me off so much is that I often get subpar opponents and the ladder expects me to win 7 in a row. :(

Oh well, it doesn't matter now, made a new account and now it has 2100+ points, just gotta wait until the deviation goes down. :/
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
- Yogi Berra

User Info: MileRun

MileRun
4 years ago#10
Showdown's point system is downright bizarre. I'd like to see the exact formula behind it, because I can't even guess how it works empirically.
I claim to be the official Porygon2 of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
Scientist MileRun: WaRy associate
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. Pokemon can sometimes be a cruel game.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived