Does gen IV have any redeeming qualities?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. Does gen IV have any redeeming qualities?

User Info: Ku-Ri-Boh

Ku-Ri-Boh
4 years ago#11
Arceus
Cynthia
Music (johto and sinnoh have the best imo)

User Info: Exiledfmreality

Exiledfmreality
4 years ago#12
Spark_Flash posted...
wind64a posted...
The incredible size and diversity of the Sinnoh region.

Half that region was dominated by a mountain range. Hoenn was more varied.

However, Gen 4 gave us:
1. The Physical/Special Split
2. The Pokeathlon
3. Seals
4. The Physical/Special Split

Seals were such a ****ing waste of ****ing time. The fact that you had to detach each seal individually before putting a Pokemon in a box - instead of just automatically doing it - made it the most useless thing to ever come out of a Pokemon game, behind the Old Rod.
Platinum FC: 0475 0911 6895 Name: Cassie
Diamond FC: 3266 7471 2175 Name: Judith

User Info: AugustDreaming

AugustDreaming
4 years ago#13
Exiledfmreality posted...
Seals were such a ****ing waste of ****ing time. The fact that you had to detach each seal individually before putting a Pokemon in a box - instead of just automatically doing it - made it the most useless thing to ever come out of a Pokemon game, behind the Old Rod.

Seals are a really cool idea, but having to detach them is a pain. I would use them all the time if I didn't have to do that.
Poke White FC ( June ) - 1507 1398 3559
http://www.youtube.com/user/AugustDreams

User Info: Lethal13

Lethal13
4 years ago#14
HeartGold and SoulSilver
Cynthia
Physical/Special Split
Pokeathlon

and for something that gen v still doesn't have

Rematches with gym leaders that a have atleast 5 pokemon on their team (5 in platinum and 6 in HGSS) that are actually worth EXP

more things i could add but they're my top 5

User Info: Benzychenz

Benzychenz
4 years ago#15
The TC's post makes me think they mean the Pokemon themselves rather than game mechanics. In which case, no. No it did not.
I don't have a sig

User Info: Sephirotht

Sephirotht
4 years ago#16
I must agree with Benzychenz. I'm not saying gen 4 Pokemon were bad, but I have noticed that it has the least Pokemon that actually catch my interest.
Officially faved Ninetales on the B2 Board
Retired Executive.

User Info: Ku-Ri-Boh

Ku-Ri-Boh
4 years ago#17
Lethal13 posted...
HeartGold and SoulSilver
Cynthia
Physical/Special Split
Pokeathlon

and for something that gen v still doesn't have

Rematches with gym leaders that a have atleast 5 pokemon on their team (5 in platinum and 6 in HGSS) that are actually worth EXP

more things i could add but they're my top 5

I honestly prefer the way they do it now. Through PWT, the gym leaders live out for their titles as they're ACTUALLY challenging. Unlike the laughable breeze-throughable and forgettable post-game fillers. You win BP for TMs and items you cant otherwise buy with money too

User Info: SlimeStack

SlimeStack
4 years ago#18
If we're talking about just the Pokémon themselves, then I actually really liked the selection. It has great starters, and while a lot of the Pokémon don't really stand out, I really like all of the evolutions to older Pokémon. Togekiss and the like are now far more viable than ever before.
Pokemon Black Version 2:
Sean - 1163 7615 1957

User Info: SilverSaint7

SilverSaint7
4 years ago#19
How come nobody ever mentions that Gen 4 brought us wifi battling and trading? They're not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but it beats the dark ages of having to use link cables and having to *shudder* actually meet each other.
My swagger brings all the scrubs to the yard.

User Info: Kasumin

Kasumin
4 years ago#20
SilverSaint7 posted...
How come nobody ever mentions that Gen 4 brought us wifi battling and trading? They're not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but it beats the dark ages of having to use link cables and having to *shudder* actually meet each other.

This man speaks the truth. Even moreso than the Physical/Special split, I think the introduction of wifi battling and trading is gen 4's most important new feature.
"Data should behave as such!" ~ Luther Lansfeld, Star Ocean 3
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. Does gen IV have any redeeming qualities?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived